It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where to leave this mini rant but ... does anyone get to the point where they're just buying jerseys they know they will trade or sell? As my interest in the hobby has intensified in the last two years, I find myself holding on to jerseys (some, not the grail-ish ones) for shorter and shorter periods of time.

The Raycroft that Mr2Bits picked up from me was in my collection for all of five months and I've dealt away others in comparable time. Do you ever decide, on principle, to hold onto a jersey just because you made such a big stink about buying it initially but in the end, it turned out meh?

I've lost interest in a jersey during the 6-8 weeks it took to get it customized, so you really cannot go by me.

I have 8 jerseys for sale and three of them I have not yet worn, because they were purchased during the summer.

Not sure where to leave this mini rant but ... does anyone get to the point where they're just buying jerseys they know they will trade or sell? As my interest in the hobby has intensified in the last two years, I find myself holding on to jerseys (some, not the grail-ish ones) for shorter and shorter periods of time.

The Raycroft that Mr2Bits picked up from me was in my collection for all of five months and I've dealt away others in comparable time. Do you ever decide, on principle, to hold onto a jersey just because you made such a big stink about buying it initially but in the end, it turned out meh?

I think many of us have been there. To me, there's no rule for how long is acceptable to hold onto a jersey. There are some in my collection I've had for more than 15 years and others I've had for only a few fleeting weeks - or even days. And it's all for various reasons - whether there's something you'd rather have or sometimes you get a jersey that isn't quite what you thought you wanted, and it's got to go.

Moving jerseys around - especially through trades - is something I find enjoyable about this hobby. Not only does it keep the collection fresh, but it's also a great way to get to know fellow collectors and help to grow each other's collections.

Sometimes I complete a trade for a cool jersey I'd rather have, knowing I may be able to trade that jersey for something I'd like to have even more down the road. The Raycroft is a good example - good player I enjoyed watching when he was in the NHL but not a perfect fit for my Tampa Bay/Carolina collection so something I may trade forward down the road.

Bottom line: Do whatever makes you happy, whether that's keeping a jersey for a few weeks or many years.

This arrived today. I'll get ahold of it on Friday. Really psyched for this one. Cheers TMLfan!

High five mate.

That fight and the one Potvin had against Hextall are two of the greatest things I've ever seen in hockey.

Raycroft jerseys anger me.

I have jerseys I've owned for years, no exaggeration, and still have never worn. I don't think the time frame should matter. The only thing that bugs me is when you try to make a deal to get something, and tell the person you're buying from that you love the jersey, want it in your collection, its maybe a grail, and then a few weeks later it's on the market. Be honest and upfront in your dealings and don't play on other peoples emotions, and if you're really not sure how you feel, go about the transaction in a different way. Other than that, no harm, no foul.

Picked these up this week. I bought the same Canada jersey (sz 56 - blank) a few months ago, was going to turn that into a Joseph, but then found this 52. I'll probably turn that 56 into an Yzerman now.

IMG_0395_zpsbenrwimf.jpg

IMG_0390_zps5vj1jzgq.jpg

IMG_0397_zpsnznxsoda.jpg

A "grailish" jersey arrivred today; a Toronto Maple Leafs Dave "The Rat" Bolland game worn jersey. Very light wear, tapered sleeves.

20150910_183637-1_zps3tr7mbjr.jpg

20150910_183916-1_zps7pgonb0q.jpg

bolland_zpsb1ivu6yp.jpg

Upside down? Cujo certainly was acrobatic.

The picture is upside down? Weird, it's right side up for me.

This kind of stuff happens from time to time, haha. It's upside down for me as well.

Edit: The first Yzerman pic is also upside down for me.

Edited by LAK74

That is weird. It's right side up for me, at least on my phone.

Jersey is right-side up to me too.

Also about length of owning a jersey, I have owned some for years and some for a really short amount of time. I had recently a gamer that I possessed for 17 days before parting with it in a trade. It happens.

I don't think I've ever gotten a jersey with the sole intention of selling or trading it, most of my jerseys I get for a reason

There are some impulse buys here and there, but typically I really do like each one and don't want to move them-- still, Kurt always finds a way to convince me to trade every two weeks or so :)

The jersey I sent into EPS arrived today. Foolishly I spend money on a Meigray grab bag and what do you know I didn't win. It was originally a #84 Geoff Paukovich training camp jersey. To those of you who disagree with this ignore this next sentence. I had it stripped and re-done as an 09-10 Sheldon Souray. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm sure there are inaccuracies that Oiler's collectors can see, but I cannot see any glaring mistakes. This was my first time using EPS and I'm sure I will use them again in the future.

This is also the 2nd Edge 1.0 in my collection and hopefully it's my last. I much prefer the 2.0 to the 1.0

EQxam4qh.jpg

pBXvAcdh.jpg

Hey, I'd do the same thing. It's a training camp jersey, who cares?

Looks really good too.

2008 CLBJ Brassard with JHM Patch

AcrwI6.jpg

bS85ZN.jpg

Edited by enzo269

Would love to post pics of the game used 98-99 Jaromir Jagr jersey i got in but its telling me the file is too big. says i can not exceed 2.88k of files

A sort of "grail" to me - been wanting an authentic White Liberty jersey for awhile and finally got one, NWT, Gretzky customized and autographed... a jersey foul since it has a captain's "C" on it, but I'm thinking it could easily be removed. Since it is autographed, most likely will be framed and hung anyway so the "C" won't show most of the time...

It doesn't have a COA, does anyone know anything about the sticker? It says it is WG Authentic (Wayne Gretzky Authentic) - but there is no serial number or anything. Not sure how much this devalues the autograph.

jQrMAwJ.jpg

7DPjNPA.jpg

TbNDVeV.jpg?1

Link to full album: http://imgur.com/a/86Ncx

Edited by liquidice