It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

That reminds me that I totally forgot to upload my newest gamer. Sergei Brylin 2001-02 Red Set 2. Lots of marks, paint transfers, and tears in this one. Easily one of my top 5 gamers in my collection.

21686269976_302383e6a7_c.jpg

21524487728_530fc1a341_c.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from EPS. This completes my "one from each Cup" collection, as well as my "one of each guy who was there for all 3 cups" collection.

Now to work on home AND road!!

Wait a minute, that sounds familiar...

Love the Brylin, one of my favorite devils.

Edited by JoeM7392

Well I can't let you top me!!

My true focus is home and road Ultrafils, vintage and current, for Brodeur, Stevens, Niedermayer & Daneyko. Then maybe Johnny Mac.

It's a VERY long term plan.

This one's a few weeks late to post, but here's some pics anyway. This was one I've wanted for twenty-five years, so when this specific one showed up on eBay, there was no way I could pass it up. Me in 1991 would be so jealous of me in 2015 right now. :)

hcVa6g7.jpg

FJzRVKk.jpg

Pg3MT6w.jpg

7fZMb36.jpg

lqOjSxb.jpg

fAOzVp4.jpg

It's one I search for only time to time, nowhere near enough to know how frequently they pop up. But definitely a very sharp jersey, and I have to believe there are a lot out there because those things were selling like hot cakes when they came out.

That sharks was done by Keener. He's a member here. I missed out bidding on it at the last minute. Nice pickup.

Trés belle acquisition !!!

J'aurai bien aimé mettre la main dessus :lol:

Tu sais si il y en a d'autre maillot de pre-season de Bozon ? le blanc par exemple ?

De mon côté, je vais bientôt recevoir un maillot de DaCosta des Binghamton Senators. ^_^

Hmmmm.....obviously a spelling mistake on that Habs jersey......someone threw an extra "N" in there!

Edited by slimcutta
Where's the 'like' button?

2 blanks in today. Finally got my hands on a retail 6100 River Rats jersey thanks to a tip from a friend.

And then my first non-devils related jersey. Somebody posted this in the deals thread last week for like $20 and I let it sit for like an hour and a half, then I pulled the trigger since nobody else did. Always thought the original CBJ jersey was underrated. Im going to try to tie my whole collection back to the devils somehow, so captain Lyle Odelein it is.

IMAG1951.jpgIMAG1952.jpgIMAG1956.jpgIMAG1955.jpg

I had an AHL replica ( Albany Devils) and it was garbage. The material was super thin and the sleeves were too long on me (I wear a 58+ in a 1.0 and those sleeves are fine on me).

Even if it turns out that the jersey is poor quality, it's nice to have a replica for a one-season AHL wonder.

My real goal, though, is to acquire the mascot costume:

I feel like I should say something, but in a rare turn of events, I am speechless.

I posted about the differences between NHL and AHL premier jersey back in 2007, but I'll give everyone the synopsis:

AHL- made in Canada, but of a very thin material, shoulder patches are screen printed-glued on, no jock tag, and Reebok (now CCM) logo on rear middle tail.

NHL- made in Indonesia, much thicker material than AHL, shoulder patches are painted to patch and sewn to jersey, have a jock tag in front, and Reebok logo on left sleeve.

(CHL jerseys are the same as the AHL, except they add the mfg. logo to front shoulder)

In summary, if you hate the NHL premiers, you will despise the AHL/CHL ones. In actuality, the NHL premiers are better quality (except for the jock tag). They use nicer materials, but they can do this because the labor cost are so much less. The Canadian-made jerseys use inferior materials, but they cost more in labor, so that most likely explains it. I would much rather have an NHL replica than an AHL one. I only buy authentics for my team, but they have pretty good about stocking them and selling them. There are no Indo-edge AHL jerseys. Only 2.0 Canadian made ones.

My real goal, though, is to acquire the mascot costume:

Jebus! It accurately reflects how hot he must be rocking that thing.

Edited by slimcutta

Wasn't there some type of controversy about that mascot, that it was the flame that was supposed to have started a famous fire that burned down most of Glens Falls and killed many people? Some people thought that was in bad taste, apparently.

Wasn't there some type of controversy about that mascot, that it was the flame that was supposed to have started a famous fire that burned down most of Glens Falls and killed many people? Some people thought that was in bad taste, apparently.

Yeah, he lasted all of 6 days. I don't think he ever even appeared at a team event. There was a pretty big deal made around here about him.

http://deadspin.com/ahl-mascots-backstory-totally-includes-a-dead-firefight-1644462086

http://m.poststar.com/news/local/adirondack-flames-to-replace-controversial-mascot/article_09626962-53c1-11e4-9701-c3b8a3dac487.html?mobile_touch=true

It was on the news every night for like 4 days. It was a pretty bad idea, but locals were acting like the mascot itself, or the organization, was the actual fire from 2 centurys ago. It was an attempt at a locally based backstory for a mascot that bickfired (ha!). Nobody got hurt and they ended it before it really started. Way bigger deal than it had to be, but in the days of social media mob justice I guess that's the standard.

Right, it was dumb to try to relate the two, but it wasn't an actual fire, that's a good point.

Just received this 2012-2013 game issued jersey from Stéphane Dacosta.

The Binghamton Senators used it for one game.

DaCosta%20Binghamton%20Senators%20front.

DaCosta%20Binghamton%20Senators%20back.j