It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, speaking of which, this one isn't overly new, but I've had it, along with a bunch of others stored at my old man's forever, and finally got around to bringing some of them home.

'82 Stall and Dean Gretzky All-Star

Not something you see every day.

They misspelled Gretkzy.

Here's the white practice jersey I received. As you will see, the amount of wear on it probably would not bother most people who collect game worn jerseys. In fact, I am sure that some of you look for this kind of stuff specifically. However, in my case, where the seller had a stack to choose from and I asked for the cleanest one, this does not fit the bill.

The first thing that strikes me is how much smaller the crest is on these authentic practice jerseys than on the regular game jerseys. I assume it has something to do with fitting between the striping of the jersey.

B61A4BE6-DDBE-4403-989F-FD4310402002_zps

Here are some marks/general grossness around the bottom hem:

195158E4-2420-417E-BB91-ADCEC7ACCD2D_zps

The jersey also features two repaired holes, which obviously one would not expect to find on the "cleanest" one. They are sewn over, apparently by hand, with white thread. One on the right arm and one on the front of the right shoulder.

AEFE27A2-85AA-47FA-9629-2CA6C5BF5EE0_zps

1E98BF0B-E03C-44D6-8006-B50E0EA77A9C_zps

The rear of the jersey has a couple marks as well, as well as a big black mark above the fight strap, below the #8 on the back.

71877FD1-0691-4F77-8B4B-BAB6ADE834EA_zps

711F6405-B786-49C8-AB33-743B291F0717_zps

The collar also shows heavy sweat stains. Again, I am sure some people look for this kind of stuff. I am halfway convinced that some of you are going to use these game worn jerseys to extract DNA and set up a Jurassic Park style entertainment venue full of cloned hockey players. You know who you are. I just want you to to know that I know.

06B48AC7-A9E4-4118-A212-F60B40B7E596_zps

As you can see, this jersey isn't "clean" and when I asked the seller about whether it was "the cleanest", he admitted he made a mistake and he will permit me to exchange it for one that is actually brand new with tags, unworn, which fits my collection much better.

Here's the white practice jersey I received. As you will see, the amount of wear on it probably would not bother most people who collect game worn jerseys. In fact, I am sure that some of you look for this kind of stuff specifically. However, in my case, where the seller had a stack to choose from and I asked for the cleanest one, this does not fit the bill.

The first thing that strikes me is how much smaller the crest is on these authentic practice jerseys than on the regular game jerseys. I assume it has something to do with fitting between the striping of the jersey.

Here are some marks/general grossness around the bottom hem:

The jersey also features two repaired holes, which obviously one would not expect to find on the "cleanest" one. They are sewn over, apparently by hand, with white thread. One on the right arm and one on the front of the right shoulder.

The rear of the jersey has a couple marks as well, as well as a big black mark above the fight strap, below the #8 on the back.

The collar also shows heavy sweat stains. Again, I am sure some people look for this kind of stuff. I am halfway convinced that some of you are going to use these game worn jerseys to extract DNA and set up a Jurassic Park style entertainment venue full of cloned hockey players. You know who you are. I just want you to to know that I know.

As you can see, this jersey isn't "clean" and when I asked the seller about whether it was "the cleanest", he admitted he made a mistake and he will permit me to exchange it for one that is actually brand new with tags, unworn, which fits my collection much better.

I think the size of the crest has to do with both the reason you explained as well as for comfort reasons. It's a practice jersey so they wouldn't care about the looks of it as much.

The wear on it looks pretty good for just a camp jersey. Usually these come pretty clean. When I saw the inventory of these most looked clean and the one I got was very clean and showed very little use. Still pretty nice wear on that and I might go back and get another one of these eventually as well.

I usually take a blend of the DNA from my jerseys and try to create a super hockey player like in Jurassic World. Spend money to buy gamers, extract DNA from gamers, blend them to make a super player, super player makes money, money goes to me to spend on more gamers, repeat.

Practice jerseys with wear like that are fairly hard to find and as a game worn collector I love it. However, I can understand you not wanting that and I hope they exchange it out for a much cleaner one. I know they have cleaner ones than that. Glad they were able to make it right!

I think the size of the crest has to do with both the reason you explained as well as for comfort reasons. It's a practice jersey so they wouldn't care about the looks of it as much.

The wear on it looks pretty good for just a camp jersey. Usually these come pretty clean. When I saw the inventory of these most looked clean and the one I got was very clean and showed very little use. Still pretty nice wear on that and I might go back and get another one of these eventually as well.

I usually take a blend of the DNA from my jerseys and try to create a super hockey player like in Jurassic World. Spend money to buy gamers, extract DNA from gamers, blend them to make a super player, super player makes money, money goes to me to spend on more gamers, repeat.

Practice jerseys with wear like that are fairly hard to find and as a game worn collector I love it. However, I can understand you not wanting that and I hope they exchange it out for a much cleaner one. I know they have cleaner ones than that. Glad they were able to make it right!

If comfort were the factor in determining the crest size, why wouldn't they reduce the crest size on the current jersey? I haven't played competitively in years, but for me, once you have the shoulder pads on the crest comfort isn't really that much of a factor. Of course, I always wore larger crested jerseys so maybe I just don't know.

In any event, I know I fall on the other side of the spectrum in that I don't collect game worn and as such, more wear such as that exhibited on this jersey is not desirable to me. However, if one collects game worn and likes to see wear on there, this #8 I received would be perfect for them.

And nicely done on the updating of my Jurassic Park reference to include the most recent chapter.

Order in from Bobcat!

Tampa Bay Lightning, Edge 2.0, Callahan:

IMG_8265_zpso3uiusfn.jpg

IMG_8266_zpsq6paepbr.jpg

Columbus Blue Jackets, Edge 2.0, Voracek:

IMG_8272_zpsgar52o7d.jpg

IMG_8273_zpspyo3ubiq.jpg

Too lazy to take legit pics, and no good lighting to do it anyway, but after long last they have finally arrived

Unfortunately I have other Lightning jerseys to do so I guess I should send those out ASAP lol

pOSRKaQ.jpg?1

I really wish I would've gotten a Columbus third instead... but I dunno that I'll want to jump right back into sending another one out (if I could even find an Edge 2.0 third in my size).

Whoa la!

He was only trying to express how little the rest of us care about any discussion about Devils gear, let alone practice jerseys.

There, nice and aggressive-aggressive to keep you around :D

...I kid, I kid...'cause it's the internet.

...with more pictures of jerseys :D

Oh, speaking of which, this one isn't overly new, but I've had it along with a bunch of others stored at my old man's forever, and finally got around to bringing some of them home.

'82 Stall and Dean Gretzky All-Star

Not something you see every day.

Wow, just wow! What size is that? I just landed a black Bruins Stall and Dean, size 52 and it's a bit short on the length. Not like your average 52.

Edited by slimcutta

Got a sweet deal on this beauty from classichockeyjerseys. Honestly, I have no idea who the player is, but I bought it for a future conversion project.

The name is screen printed, which as far as I know is correct for the period. I'm hoping the name bar can simply be reversed and reused.

All in all, very happy with it.

20151209_143040-1_zpsfssqxo0o.jpg

20151209_143126-1_zpsibiuh3hb.jpg

20151209_143143_zpsgelq6wm5.jpg

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

The name is screen printed, which as far as I know is correct for the period. I'm hoping the name bar can simply be reversed and reused.

That jersey is a 1991-95, on which the names were not screened. The letters should be stitched twill.

That jersey is a 1991-95, on which the names were not screened. The letters should be stitched twill.

Ahhh...I thought there was a transition. I knew they had screened fleur de lis emblems, numbers and name (with name bar) back in the day. I thought they still used screened name on the name bar for a period of time. Than eventually did away completely with the screen print.

Learned something new again!

You think I can get away with reusing the name bar if I reverse it?

I would think it'd depend how much adhesive was on the flip side.

It's not glued down...thank baby Jesus!