It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

As promised here is is the grail I mentioned yesterday that I would be receiving. My top 3 favorite all-time Devils players are 1) Patrik Elias 2) Mike Peluso and 3) Andy Greene. Well since Elias jerseys are kind of expensive and Mike Peluso jerseys are really hard to find (thank god I even found and now have one), that leaves me Andy Greene to collect. Prior to last night I had 7 Andy Greene gamers, 4 Regular season, 1 Retro Night, 1 2007 AHL All-Star Game, and 1 Devils Development/Training camp practice jersey. Last night I was able to get the grail of my Greene collection which is his 2006-07 Lowell Devils Red Set 1 jersey. This was worn by Greene when he scored his first point as a professional on one of his 2 assists in a game against Worcester on 10/21/2006. Has some decent wear on the arms and couldn't be happier with it!

25752670660_c93f8dfcbe_c.jpg

25420770984_f504f4cecf_c.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks and yeah it is a great feeling. It pairs nicely with the 2007 AHL All Star Game gamer I have of his. Next one I have to get is one of his captain's jerseys.

As mfitz says, it's time to refocus my collection and goalie jerseys are rapidly finding their way to me this year.

My newest arrival from the awesome Hockey Lodge is a game-issued Wild from their first season back in 2000-01. No LOA but as the last photo indicates, there's evidence of training camp use. I bet you didn't know that Zac Bierk is the brother of 80s hair metal icon Sebastian Bach.

I already knew who Bierk was, because "I remember youuuuuuu".

Skid Row!!! Bach had one of the best Rock 'N Roll voices. I still listen to "Monkey Business" about once a week. One of those songs that makes you want to throw a chair through a window...in a good way.

Bach's appearance in that Rush documentary a couple of years ago was pretty cool.

But hey, Wild jersey.

Do you have the Rush Tribute album "Working Man" from Magna Carta Records? If you like his appearance on a documentary, you'll absolutely love it on a tribute album.

Rush: the only good thing to come from Canada in the past 40+ years.

Bierk played on two separate occasions for the Cleveland Lumberjacks, including the 2000-01 season when they were the initial farm team for the Wild. His bio not only mentioned his brother Sebastian, but also that he had a sister who was a model.

BTW, if you like Rush, thank WMMS in Cleveland for playing them. That's what got them signed to Mercury. If it wasn't for that, they would have been April Wine.

Edited by rabinsurance

Skid Row!!! Bach had one of the best Rock 'N Roll voices.

Saw him when he was in Jekyll & Hyde on Broadway. Not what you'd expect from a Broadway performer for sure, but it was really interesting to see him do something like that as opposed to screaming at the top of his lungs. He did it pretty straight up but threw in some occasional runs and metal type elements that really lent themselves to the part very well and made his performance very unique.

If nothing else, dude proved he can sing. His "monster" voice was way over the top, though. Not necessarily in a bad way.

I was a HUGE Skid Row fan back in the day, the first two albums are still two of my favorites.

Edited by mfitz804

Do you have the Rush Tribute album "Working Man" from Magna Carta Records? If you like his appearance on a documentary, you'll absolutely love it on a tribute album.

...and Annihilator

Other than those funny looking hockey shirts we all collect, of course.

Other than those funny looking hockey shirts we all collect, of course.

Nope. If it weren't for hockey jerseys, I would be wealthy. I'm sticking with my original statement.

This is why I'm friends with you, TBG. I listened to that tribute album a bunch in college when I had multiple friends (ah, my young days) who liked bands such as Rush and Dream Theater. I may go on Amazon today to get it.

My number one bass guitar used to be John Myung's. I've known JP for years. I occasionally bump into JP at the gym.

Nope. If it weren't for hockey jerseys, I would be wealthy. I'm sticking with my original statement.

Fair enough.

Word to the wise: If you're looking for a specific current or former Wild, call the Hockey Lodge to see if they have a jersey that's not listed on their website. I've acquired two nice jerseys (including this one) that weren't posted to the website. Their GIs are offered at a great price.

I just called them. They had one I was looking for on their list that wasn't on the site. :D! But they couldn't find it in the warehouse. :( Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Removing the NHL shield on a white jersey was about 800x more difficult than a colored one.

IMAG2568.jpg

The pair:

IMAG2572.jpg

Wow. Just...wow.

What made the shield removal harder, do you think?

Edited by slimcutta

Wow. Just...wow.

What made the shield removal harder, do you think?

The backing of all the embroidery is white, so half the time I couldn't tell if I was hitting the jersey or not. The red was super easy, this one felt like I was doing surgery.

The backing of all the embroidery is white, so half the time I couldn't tell if I was hitting the jersey or not. The red was super easy, this one felt like I was doing surgery.

That makes sense. I assume you do it from the inside anyway, just in case, right?

Edited by mfitz804

That makes sense. I assume you do it from the inside anyway, just in case, right?

For the most part, yes. You're kinda forced outside a couple times or you never make any progress though. I ended up catching the ultrafil once, but it was an easy repair.

For the most part, yes. You're kinda forced outside a couple times or you never make any progress though. I ended up catching the ultrafil once, but it was an easy repair.

i really want one of those now.

i really want one of those now.

I already want more of them. They look so good in person.