It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

I want that Lemieux :) Beautiful jerseys! Where did you get it?

T'was a blank I won on ebay. Sent to Keener for customizing.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Clark Fisherman is awesome and I'm about so send one to Keener as well to make it a 1996/1997 Kasparaitis. I'm probably wrong, but didn't the Islanders have layered numbers in 1995/1996 when Wendel played for them and use semi-reverse kiss cut in the 1996/1997 season?

That Clark Fisherman is awesome and I'm about so send one to Keener as well to make it a 1996/1997 Kasparaitis. I'm probably wrong, but didn't the Islanders have layered numbers in 1995/1996 when Wendel played for them and use semi-reverse kiss cut in the 1996/1997 season?

Thanks man. I don't know anything about the methods used when it comes to stacked, kiss or semi reverse kiss...I just leave it to Keener. He knows which one to use. In Keener I trust.

That sounds like a 100% happy customer and I hope he will earn my trust too with those 4 jerseys I'm about to send! But pretty sure he will after answering all my question really kind and patient plus seeing your jerseys. :)

That sounds like a 100% happy customer and I hope he will earn my trust too with those 4 jerseys I'm about to send! But pretty sure he will after answering all my question really kind and patient plus seeing your jerseys. :)

You won't be dissapointed man :)

Yes, 95-96 are stacked. Also, I noticed some slight variations in some of the numbers from 95-96 to 96-97. I would love to find that font online somewhere.

Got this in yesterday. Colorado Rockies Larry Skinner 1976-77 White set 1 gamer. These were worn for the first 15 or so games of their first season in Colorado as from what I hear the regular jerseys were not ready in time. For years these were thought to be only training camp and/or practice jerseys but it was eventually found out that these were worn in regular season games as well. I have also put on a reference photo of a game where the Colorado players were wearing these jerseys. There is light wear on the jersey with a few marks on the body and all the logos and customization is screened on. Jersey itself is a size 48 made by Champion and is mesh material. Always wanted a game worn Colorado Rockies jersey that wouldn't break my bank and finally was able to get one.

24331733663_7c2cd66907_c.jpg

24331733633_d3d0518c52_c.jpg

24865264431_05c62d4382_z.jpg

Hey so just to follow-up on this jersey I sent it to Meigray authentication where they just authenticated it today that it is indeed a 76-77 First year, first set Larry Skinner gamer. Even more interesting is that according to the below link, the first Rockies game was a home game and the first Rockies goal was scored by Skinner. While Meigray said they cannot put pen to paper regarding this as they have no ironclad evidence such as photo or video to confirm it, they told me verbally that this is most likely the jersey that was worn by Skinner when the scored the first goal in Rockies history as well as first NHL regular season goal in the state of Colorado. Pretty neat I think!

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/9/27/3384578/nhl-colorado-rockies-new-jersey-devils-kansas-city-scouts

Hey so just to follow-up on this jersey I sent it to Meigray authentication where they just authenticated it today that it is indeed a 76-77 First year, first set Larry Skinner gamer. Even more interesting is that according to the below link, the first Rockies game was a home game and the first Rockies goal was scored by Skinner. While Meigray said they cannot put pen to paper regarding this as they have no ironclad evidence such as photo or video to confirm it, they told me verbally that this is most likely the jersey that was worn by Skinner when the scored the first goal in Rockies history as well as first NHL regular season goal in the state of Colorado. Pretty neat I think!

That is pretty cool. Out of curiosity, how did they confirm it was a first set? If that's true, I see almost no way it wasn't the 1st goal jersey. They may not be willing to certify that, but if you collect stuff like the box score of the game and keep it with your paperwork, its pretty compelling.

That is pretty cool. Out of curiosity, how did they confirm it was a first set? If that's true, I see almost no way it wasn't the 1st goal jersey. They may not be willing to certify that, but if you collect stuff like the box score of the game and keep it with your paperwork, its pretty compelling.

Thanks guys!

It's a first set because they look different than the rest of the sets they used that year. They actually wore 3 different styles that year. In training camp/early preseason games they wore what looks like Scouts jerseys but with the Rockies crest on them. There are a few photos of this floating out there. Then they were supposed to wear the Rockies screened jerseys that you are normally familiar with, but apparently they weren't ready yet by the opening game. Therefore they wore these jerseys like the Skinner looks like which they wore in their last couple of preseason games into the regular season for the first 6-8 weeks. Then around mid to late November-ish they switched to the jerseys you are mostly familiar with. Also these first sets were made by Champion while the later sets were made by Rawlings.

Here is an example of more first year, first set jerseys:

http://www.coloradogamewornhockey.com/8-first-year.html

http://www.coloradogamewornhockey.com/guy-delparte.html

As for Skinner, there is another source that states the same about him scoring the first goal in the first game. While Meigray can authenticate that it is indeed a first year, first set jersey by the wear, the style and evidence (there is an outline of a coin that is on the jersey where they rudimentary coin-fight strap was used), Meigray cannot be 100% sure it was worn by him in that first game. He could have worn more than 1 set which is entirely possible, but very unlikely due to the fact that the Rockies were too cheap to put out more jerseys than they needed and back then they really didn't do 1-game wonders like they do today.

Thanks guys!

It's a first set because they look different than the rest of the sets they used that year. They actually wore 3 different styles that year. In training camp/early preseason games they wore what looks like Scouts jerseys but with the Rockies crest on them. There are a few photos of this floating out there. Then they were supposed to wear the Rockies screened jerseys that you are normally familiar with, but apparently they weren't ready yet by the opening game. Therefore they wore these jerseys like the Skinner looks like which they wore in their last couple of preseason games into the regular season for the first 6-8 weeks. Then around mid to late November-ish they switched to the jerseys you are mostly familiar with. Also these first sets were made by Champion while the later sets were made by Rawlings.

Here is an example of more first year, first set jerseys:

http://www.coloradogamewornhockey.com/8-first-year.html

http://www.coloradogamewornhockey.com/guy-delparte.html

As for Skinner, there is another source that states the same about him scoring the first goal in the first game. While Meigray can authenticate that it is indeed a first year, first set jersey by the wear, the style and evidence (there is an outline of a coin that is on the jersey where they rudimentary coin-fight strap was used), Meigray cannot be 100% sure it was worn by him in that first game. He could have worn more than 1 set which is entirely possible, but very unlikely due to the fact that the Rockies were too cheap to put out more jerseys than they needed and back then they really didn't do 1-game wonders like they do today.

All of that is pretty compelling evidence. Good news for you!

All of that is pretty compelling evidence. Good news for you!

Thanks!

Also when I was at Meigray pickup the jersey today, I saw them packaging up the gold Kings jerseys from the auction that ended last night. They also had a rack of Oilers 3rd jerseys and held up and took a pic of the McDavid gamer. Pretty neat just to see it sitting there out in the open.

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/9/27/3384578/nhl-colorado-rockies-new-jersey-devils-kansas-city-scouts

Great story, great find!

Ha. Mfitz, based on the feedback thread, I suspect you and The Dude are just swapping the same jersey posts in this arrival thread.

Something like that.

Amazing Rockies jersey! Great find!

GreenDucks_zpsocikqpzu.jpg

Authentic Nike 1997/1998 University of Michigan Marty Turco Home Jersey. Turco was named the Most Outstanding Player of the 1998 NCAA Tournament, and UM won the title. Michigan did wear the jock tags on their jerseys that season.

DSCN7253_zpsxd8coswe.jpgDSCN7258_zpshqueao0a.jpg

Nice Turco. I always liked his gargoyle masks.

Edited by thebiggoalie

Thanks, have a blue Brendan Morrison from that era coming as well. The old school one that said Michigan across the chest. That one had the jock tag also, but I took it off as they did not wear the tag in 1997 and wanted it to be from his Hobey Baker season.

Yes, 95-96 are stacked. Also, I noticed some slight variations in some of the numbers from 95-96 to 96-97. I would love to find that font online somewhere.

Didn't that ewillia8 guy claim that he created the Fisherman font? Maybe you could contact him through here or the Gameworn.net forums.

Congrats on your first! I like your style ;)

">http://It9J5GS.jpg

">http://G931JuC.jpg

Well I thought ###### it, and this happened. I'm getting the A changed but very happy with the rest.

Picked this one up yesterday, and wore it to the game last night, the images don't do it justice, the A is spot on, the name and number twill is spot on, and I got to see Truman's collection! It's my 2nd favourite jersey that I own!

So effin' sweet man. I still havnt bought one yet...YET!