It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Thats a nice looking Leafs jersey...

Was happy to add this gamer. It has a Settlemayer namebar on it, but Jon Casey would have played 20 some games in 91-92 in Kalamazoo as it was Minnesota's farm team. There's more wear than an emergency call up goalie would have put on it so I will have to find out if Casey wore it.

And on the inset picture of Settlemyre, there is no patch on his shoulder as he wore the jersey for 1 game in 92-93. I believe the patch was a 25th AHLPA type deal commemorating from 67 to the 91-92 season and in that season Casey played in Kalamazoo and you'd think he'd get his number after going to the Cup with the franchise a year or 2 prior. Weird career. Cup final with a 68 point team in 90-91, to the minors in 91-92, and in the All-Star game in Montreal in 92-93.

Great jersey, and awesome research! I'd be inclined to agree that it was worn by Casey as that patch was only used in 1991/92. Hopefully you could photomatch it, since it would be the home jersey.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 1000000000000000000000000% with you. Stamkos, Matthews & Kadri down the middle? Uh, YES PLEASE!

I wouldn't play Stamkos in centre. Put him on the wing with Marner, and have JVR on the other wing. As for Matthews, I would also put him on the wing to start with Kadri and have Nylander on the other wing. Third line will be Bozak, Komarov and Lupul.

Great jersey, and awesome research! I'd be inclined to agree that it was worn by Casey as that patch was only used in 1991/92. Hopefully you could photomatch it, since it would be the home jersey.

Thank you. Turns out it is hardly used had plenty of spots (which I thought were a few puck marks) but everything lifted and the body is in like new so I think it was made only for the one game... and after I lifted the nameplate I could tell it was the only one ever on there. Either way I have myself a nice authentic K-Wings ultrafil.

I will still attempt to photomatch it, to see what's what with the patch and why it's on the jersey now but wasn't for the game Settlemyre appeared in in 92-93.

Edited by JJM4

Thank you. Turns out it is hardly used had plenty of spots (which I thought were a few puck marks) but everything lifted and the body is in like new so I think it was made only for the one game... and after I lifted the nameplate I could tell it was the only one ever on there. Either way I have myself a nice authentic K-Wings ultrafil.

I will still attempt to photomatch it, to see what's what with the patch and why it's on the jersey now but wasn't for the game Settlemyre appeared in in 92-93.

Those era goalie shirts, at least the IHL ones I've owned/seen, are typically pretty clean. Additionally, I wouldnt be concerned that you don't see evidence of another nameplate, if it was washed enough, the traces of the sewning may disappear. That was the case on my 91-92 CCM Admirals Bob Mason, where they removed the nameplate for the next preseason; besides the pulls where it was removed poorly, there's no evidence of the original nameplate (but evidence of the removal of the 25th PHPA patch).

Those era goalie shirts, at least the IHL ones I've owned/seen, are typically pretty clean. Additionally, I wouldnt be concerned that you don't see evidence of another nameplate, if it was washed enough, the traces of the sewning may disappear. That was the case on my 91-92 CCM Admirals Bob Mason, where they removed the nameplate for the next preseason; besides the pulls where it was removed poorly, there's no evidence of the original nameplate (but evidence of the removal of the 25th PHPA patch).

I just received a response from the guy I bought it from. He acquired the collection of the equipment manager of the KWings (Settlemyre). Settlemyre has told him that Jon only played in road black when he came down for a total of 4 games that year. So not Casey game worn, but love it nonetheless. Thanks for your insight!

I'm not really sure what's going on with the patch though... this goalie from 92-93 and 93-94 is pictured wearing the patch.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%209.35.5

Could be that it was an early season 92-93 photo and they didn't remove the patch yet.

Funny thing is every goalie I can find a picture or history of for the KWings is either number 1 or 30.

And in 91-92 Steve Guennette was back up and wore 30, while Larry Dyck 1 started. I don't know who would have been sitting out for Casey's 4 games, but there is a chance he didn't wear 30.

Edited by JJM4

I just received a response from the guy I bought it from. He acquired the collection of the equipment manager of the KWings (Settlemyre). Settlemyre has told him that Jon only played in road black when he came down for a total of 4 games that year. So not Casey game worn, but love it nonetheless. Thanks for your insight!

I'm not really sure what's going on with the patch though... this goalie from 92-93 and 93-94 is pictured wearing the patch.

Could be that it was an early season 92-93 photo and they didn't remove the patch yet.

Funny thing is every goalie I can find a picture or history of for the KWings is either number 1 or 30.

And in 91-92 Steve Guennette was back up and wore 30, while Larry Dyck 1 started. I don't know who would have been sitting out for Casey's 4 games, but there is a chance he didn't wear 30.

I would agree, if Guennette was back-up most of the season, I doubt they would have stripped the jersey for someone else.

I would agree, if Guennette was back-up most of the season, I doubt they would have stripped the jersey for someone else.

Settlemyre also said Casey wore a larger jersey. I'd question that even though the guy was equipment manager. I don't own a Casey gameworn but he was small and I've been told by a guy from Casey's hometown that I bought Stars authentics from, that Casey wore a size 50. And the one I picked up is a 54.

My newest arrival...

Shayne Gostisbehere Set Three Orange/Home jersey. Without looking into it more Ghost scored his first NHL playoff goal, broke the Flyers rookie record for goals by a d-man, and had his first career two goal game in this jersey. I'm sure their are a few other things of note after his outstanding season.
The jersey doesn't have much wear outside of a stick/puck mark on top of the Winged P. The other noticeable things are some loose threads. I'll be diving into a trying to find a photo match soon.
779B7C76-2CDC-48D5-8C45-E58F05FBE319_zps
CF5656FB-FF58-4775-A866-7F693989135D_zps

While Flyers fans are gleefully posting their newly acquired 2015/16 jerseys, here is the ONLY Filthadelphia jersey I will ever own!

To fit my collection, this is Jason Labarbera jersey #8. This is the first one though that has sentimental value as it was worn by him (as a backup) when I visited my girlfriend at school in Philly when we saw the Flyers defeat the Rangers in a shootout. A disappointing finish, but one of the most exciting regular-season games I've been to in about 10 years, and a great experience ending a nice trip to visit her.

Like a 100 car pileup, It's so hideous, and I can't stop looking at it.

47484623347801-vi.jpg

52484623352693-vi.jpg

I'll be diving into a trying to find a photo match soon.

I'm sure it won't be hard to find a photo of the only goal the Flyers actually scored that entire series.

Is there a saying about things coming in threes? I think there might be but I'm not coming up with it. This one needs just a bit of cleaning, but that's fine for something like this. Still wet from the wash, so that would be why the crest looks a little funny.

20160511_192126.jpg20160511_192049.jpg

20160511_191920.jpg20160511_192017.jpg

Show-off!!!

:P

Hey.

I mean, you're right, but that's the whole point!

A couple of one-gamers:

2009-10 Brian Elliott - Worn April 1, 2010 as part off "shirts off our backs" night

2760324_orig.jpg?379

7057066_orig.jpg?365

2015-16 Binghamton Senators Andrew Hammond - worn on Dec. 11/15 in the first game of a two game conditioning assignment

4341693_orig.jpg?366

1258536_orig.jpg?422

Hey.

I mean, you're right, but that's the whole point!

Yeah it didn't bother me. Seeing all three of them together was a thing of beauty.

Yeah it didn't bother me. Seeing all three of them together was a thing of beauty.

A couple months back I wasn't sure when I would ever see a single one. Having three now is just insane, and I didn't have to sell a kidney to afford them.

Sweet Sens, SGU. Did you pick up the Hammond from Bingo's recent eBay sale? I was very, very tempted to pick up the black Hammond.

I did. The prices were pretty reasonable this year.

Nice Elliot. No jokes, he's quality and I've always loved Sens jerseys. Go Elliot

Just picked this up. I think I have the patches to round out the appearance a bit, and the letters will have to go onto a nameplate.

One of my favorite non-Devils jerseys ever. Can't bring myself to wear other team's shirts, but if I could, I'd have that exact player on that exact style.

Just picked this up. I think I have the patches to round out the appearance a bit, and the letters will have to go onto a nameplate.

That whole customization is way off. I'd strip it and recustomize it.