It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

2003-2004 Rob Skrlac Devils preseason road jersey - he was a minor league goon who appeared in only 8 NHL games (all in 03-04) and had 227 fights in 538 career games!

003_zps5818eacd.jpg

002_zps7ae72810.jpg

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Skrlac! I had the opportunity to meet Rob once and despite being a total goon on the ice, he is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He also has hands the size of hockey gloves, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of one of those fists.

Interesting fact: Rob had more PIM in his career than actual ice time.

Awesome Skrlac! I had the opportunity to meet Rob once and despite being a total goon on the ice, he is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He also has hands the size of hockey gloves, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of one of those fists.

Interesting fact: Rob had more PIM in his career than actual ice time.

Thanks -

I've met a bunch of goons (Bob Probert, Craig Berube, Tim Hunter, Gord Donnelly, Alan May) and they were all like that - beasts on the ice and the nicest guys off the ice. That seems to be consistent of most hockey players in general from that era.

Thanks -

I've met a bunch of goons (Bob Probert, Craig Berube, Tim Hunter, Gord Donnelly, Alan May) and they were all like that - beasts on the ice and the nicest guys off the ice. That seems to be consistent of most hockey players in general from that era.

Its true, I have met a lot of players and for the most part they were all super nice guys.

While I was in law school I worked in a shoe store in an upscale mall near where a lot of the Devils lived. Although I had a lot more of the wives as customers, I still had the opportunity to meet a lot of the guys, Stevens, Daneyko, Gomez, Brodeur, Holik to name a few. All were pretty awesome, Brodeur was a little quieter than the rest, but I think that's just because we kind of freaked out that he was there. He did, however, come back the next weekend with autographed pictures for everyone. Still have it hanging in my office.

I also told Bobby Holik (a frequent customer, once every few months) when he was a free agent that he was free to sign with any team other than the Rangers, and that if he signed with the Rangers, he wasn't allowed to shop there anymore. He did sign with the Rangers, and when he came back, I wouldn't let him in. My manager did, unfortunately, but it was still funny.

2003-2004 Rob Skrlac Devils preseason road jersey - he was a minor league goon who appeared in only 8 NHL games (all in 03-04) and had 227 fights in 538 career games!

Nooooo! I'd had my eye on that one forever, though I can't think of a better collection for it to end up in. Well played, sir.

Finally had to end the madness and pick one of these up

IMG_02371-vi.jpg

Pretty cool to compare the heritage to it

IMG_02401-vi.jpg

Woo-hoo!! More Winter Classic jerseys! Gotta love them.

Speaking of...

1aReebokEDGEauthenticalternate-vi.jpg

1bReebokEDGEauthenticalternate-vi.jpg

The only thing I'm lacking here is the nameplate but you get the idea. That said, let's see both:

DSC06796-vi.jpg

EDIT: I spelled Datsyuk wrong, didn't I? Durrrrrrr.

daytsuk = they suck = Detroit sucks

I'm onto your accidental on purpose spelling mistake

Lets keep this page all winter classic

Not a NHL, but I got an early 90s Oshawa Generals home white replica Jersey today. Immediately sent it out for customization (Lindros of course).

Had the typical stains pre-worn white Jerseys always seem to come with at the bottom hem and the tips of the sleeves, otherwise its mint condition. Stains came right out with a Tide pen.

Which makes me wonder, what are those odd stains? None of my own jerseys ever have them.

91-92 or a 92-93 gamer

Cool Nords, though it appears to be from 1990/91.

It would have either the NHL 75th Patch (for 1991/92) or the Stanley Cup Centennial Patch (for 1992/93), plus the Nords started wearing 2-layer tackle twill numbers starting in 1991/92.

It's such a shame that those beautiful Nordiques jerseys that pre-date 1991 will eventually just all flake and fall apart. Why did they have to be so cheap?

It's such a shame that those beautiful Nordiques jerseys that pre-date 1991 will eventually just all flake and fall apart. Why did they have to be so cheap?

You have obviously never been to Quebec!

Nooooo! I'd had my eye on that one forever, though I can't think of a better collection for it to end up in. Well played, sir.

Thanks - I was already in final negotiations for the Skrlac when I saw your post about it earlier - the seller was away on vacation at the time but I'd already made an offer and was just waiting on her to return. I never in a million years would have thought that someone else would mention the exact jersey I was finalizing as I was finalizing it, especially since he was far from a household name -

I never in a million years would have thought that someone else would mention the exact jersey I was finalizing as I was finalizing it, especially since he was far from a household name -

I live about 45 minutes east of Albany, most of my favorite hockey memories when I was younger are of Skrlac holding down the fort at River Rats games, before the torch got passed to Cam Janssen.

Got this in the mail today. Didn't know CCM ever did this style for the Ducks, and the collar seems a little weird. But I didn't pay too much for it. Debating between getting either Salei or Hebert on it.

1186201_10153296209625313_486847067_n.jp

1234597_10153296209515313_250357589_n.jp

Yah.. Unfortunate... I saw a beautiful Michel Goulet sweater from the same era recently and the lettering was flaking off as well.. UGH! :(

2000-2001 Jason Lawmaster Peoria Rivermen Home jersey - heavy wear, numerous stickmarks & board burns; 2000 Kelly Cup Champions patch

003_zpsc6aea23f.jpg

002_zps6bc38c37.jpg

001_zpsc916863a.jpg

2000-2001 Jason Lawmaster Peoria Rivermen Home jersey - heavy wear, numerous stickmarks & board burns; 2000 Kelly Cup Champions patch

Nice jersey. I really like the Kelly Cup patch. Too bad the jersey doesn't show much wear...

These just arrived this afternoon from thebiggoalie.

DSC_0449-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC_0451-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Now to figure out who to put on them.