Anyone successfully shorten the sleeves on an EDGE jersey

mfitz804

Got my first EDGE 1.0 today and like everyone else, I bought a bigger size than I take in the CCM style. The body part fits ok, a little loose because 58's weren't available and I got a 60, but I like my jersey that way so its fine. But the sleeves are kind of long for me. Not stupid long, as I am a tall guy with long arms, but definitely a little bit longer than I'd prefer.

Part of me doesn't want to mess with them, but part of me also wishes they were about 2 inches shorter.

Its obviously not a game worn or anything like that, and I don't anticipate having to sell it so re-sale value does not factor into the equation here. I am just curious if it can be done rather than whether it SHOULD be done.

Has anyone ever had any luck with having someone shorten their sleeves on an EDGE?

Hahaha i laughed at that one. Im curious about this as well. Im sure a local tailor could do it for a few bucks. As long as the jerseys doesnt have striping at the cuff it wont look weird.

I have done it before. Its possible however the difficulty is based on how short. The arms are tapered and angled in certain team styles. A few inches is easy to do, more then that it might not work.

If youre a do it yourself kinda person seam rip the end sleeve open and unfold the edge. With sharp scissors trim the jersey arms 1 inch longer than you want them to end up. Then with a hot iron and a cloth turn the sleeve inside out and fold the cut edge of the sleeve inward on itself to make a new fold like the jersey sleeve was before. With the iron press the fold so it will hold shape and then go to your sewing machine. Use a straight stitch and sew across the sleeve circumference by the cut edge. Flip rightside out ans your good to go.

Honestly its harder to follow what i said then to actually do it. Its very easy. If you dont have these supplies or arent handy with doing it yourself a tailor can do this very quick and cheap. Same method is used to hem jeans/pant legs.