Flames new alt

Kaiser416

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Flames are tweeting teaser photos of the jersey now.

Also wanted to point out how smart they've been with this. When they hosted the Heritage Classic in 2011, they revealed the jersey for it in the summer - but didn't have them for sale until the winter (I believe it was even after christmas). Of course, the knockoffs were available well before the real ones went on sale, and probably hurt them. Not only did they lose sales on the early excitement, but the knockoffs looked so bad, it might have turned other people off buying some.

So now, with the reveal coming this Sunday, I know they have the stock to sell some right away. I've actually already ordered one...

Lesson learned.

Is the lesson "buy boring third jerseys"?

Ha!

I'm just playing. Enjoy it.

(But it is a bit underwhelming)

Coming from a Rangers fan?

I kid, too.

By lesson learned, I meant for the Flames, who will beat the... knockeroffers?... to the punch this time.

From the look of the NHL 14 one, I don't think I will be liking this Flames alternative... In fact, I haven't enjoyed any of them yet. I agree that the retro jersey should be our alternative!

I think the Horsehead jeseys they had were one of the best

I actually wish that they would have kept their Heritage Classic jersey as a third

One of the latest pics that they have been leaking on their twitter page looks different from the NHL 14 pictures:

ScreenShot2013-10-26at103307AM.png

ScreenShot2013-10-26at103429AM.png

The first image appears to be a mountain design that runs through the striping. The jersey below that doesn't have the same design. The mountains only appear on the shoulder crest.

This leads me to believe that it may not be 100% like the one on the game.

I was thinking that might be it too... but the fabric above and below looks like it isn't part of a collar... Guess we will see tomorrow, I am going to the Flames Fest where they will be unveiling the jersey.

I wonder where the reebok stripe is then?

ROFL!!! It totally is... custom job!!

Could be the outside as well, we'll see.

It's like the Blue Jackets' third. Instead of the Reebok stripe, there is a blue stripe with stars on it -- I think. One of our resident Lumbus fans can confirm

Okay... The debate is over, here it is!

post-16638-0-04876200-1382903174_thumb.j

post-16638-0-72607500-1382903215_thumb.j

Yuck.

Plus, they are all wearing replicas in the team pic -- could have at least sprung for authentics! ;)

Or, y'know, their game jerseys

It looks too much like a baseball jersey...or a minor league team. Steps backward, Calgary?