More sublimation fun...

JunkyardAthletic

Just having fun... Bailey came to us after seeing the hoodie we made for the Doyer Stadium game.

Thanks for the kind words!

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao that's hilarious.....

Lmao that's hilarious.....

Yeah racism is hilarious BUT DON'T YOU DARE GIVE ME $10 FOR CANCELLING AN ORDER I DIDN'T WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE

Sorry that people are on the rag for stating an opinion...too many sensitive girls on here when something is said that people don't like...I don't condone racism...that thing is so hideous...I'm fn done with this crap.

Being Chinese American I am not offended by the jersey however I can see people can be. That being said I would not wear that jersey unless the whole team is Chinese. It's not right but it's like black people using the n word. It's a double standard.

Being Chinese American I am not offended by the jersey however I can see people can be. That being said I would not wear that jersey unless the whole team is Chinese. It's not right but it's like black people using the n word. It's a double standard.

The captain of the team is Chinese American (only one on the team) and HE REQUESTED that it be on the jersey!

And yes, the entire team had it on their jerseys...

The captain of the team is Chinese American (only one on the team) and HE REQUESTED that it be on the jersey!

And yes, the entire team had it on their jerseys...

rT9XTaP.png

rT9XTaP.png

And your point? Yes, that is the way they originally wanted the slogan and I asked them to change it. Edited by JunkyardAthletic

And your point? Yes, that is the way they originally wanted the slogan and I asked them to change it.

By all means, explain what exactly does having a single Chinese-American player on the team has to do with a line from a movie about the Vietnam War and stereotypical mocking of the Japanese accent. After all, why ask them to change it at all if it was not offensive because it was requested by a Chinese-American player?

By all means, explain what exactly does having a single Chinese-American player on the team has to do with a line from a movie about the Vietnam War and stereotypical mocking of the Japanese accent. After all, why ask them to change it at all if it was not offensive because it was requested by a Chinese-American player?

Wah wah wah who cares, lmao it's hilarious

Technically it's Vietnamese who said that line not Japanese and the captain is Chinese. I give junkyard credit for making him change it. This is by no means junkyards fault he runs a business and fulfills customers request. If he didn't make it someone else would and he'd be out of money. It is funny as a joke but id be embarrassed wearing these on the ice

Technically it's Vietnamese who said that line not Japanese and the captain is Chinese. I give junkyard credit for making him change it. This is by no means junkyards fault he runs a business and fulfills customers request. If he didn't make it someone else would and he'd be out of money. It is funny as a joke but id be embarrassed wearing these on the ice

Also being Chinese-American, I, more or less, agree with you. I can see the humor in the jersey but wearing the jersey would be a completely different story.

Replacing Ls with Rs is purely a Japanese stereotype.

Personally I find the tackyness of it more offensive than anything else. It's actually hilarious that they wouldn't come out and just admit that they were trying to be racist and offensive to appeal to the lowest common denominator (like Flyers fans and people of Walmart) and getting defensive about it. Brah do you even free speech?

mZwj22o.jpg

also hilarious from a low common denominator

i also know some black people who were not offended by this, they actually sent it to me when it first surfaced

I think someone has some guilt about rooting for the Redskins when they were a little Guam.

Brah you have no idea how many hashtags I've dropped to get them to take out the offensive part of the team name and just call themselves The Redskins. I even got myself a Native American friend just to prove that I'm not racist.