Official Stadium Series thread

mfitz804

Even thought the colors match better, the striping pattern on the pads doesn't really match the 2004 Vintage jersey either:

$T2eC16ZHJF0FFZlbQH0SBSQ6TzgJ4g~~60_35.J

The striping pattern only really matches the Rangers white jerseys, which backs up what Enzo heard, but then the colors are a bit off. Who knows at this point.

That jersey was exactly what I thought of when I saw those pads.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back on topic - Not sure how I feel about another jersey. Personally I love the Winter Classic and the Heritage jerseys because they allow for some variety with Rangers collecting. Otherwise, they have only basically used 2 templates (Diagonal Rangers and '70's crest on the front).

Would like to see something new from all the teams as long as its executed properly (unlike Carolina new jerseys, Buffalo thirds, Isalnders black thirds, Calgary *likely* thirds).

Shocked that 12 new jerseys may be due out and there have been no leaks as of yet.

Is that the Vintage Rangers jersey that just sold on eBay last week?

Saw it. Thought about it. Went back to buy it - gonzo!

Yeh I was the seller. Had it posted here for less for a week or so before I put it on eBay.

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by the logos posted recently...

Devils will wear candy cane and islanders and rangers will wear jerseys with those logos.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gallerylanding.htm?id=39902&navid=nhl:topheads

Ahh. The "Silver Bullet" treatment. Clever.

Chrome logo? Now I have to buy a new jersey to have a chrome logo?

I am happy to see the Devils using the vintage colors...

Assuming we won't see anything exciting like a cup years throwback out of the Pens if they are sticking with Vegas gold

I don't think I would mind the chrome logos so much for the Rangers as long as its relegated to just a shoulder patch. Very curious to see how these jerseys look. My guess would be a lot of silver chrome for both dark and white jerseys, funky shoulder yokes, and thicker striping. I would be in favor of a vintage/off-white Rangers Heritage jersey but, I highly doubt that.

Really hope NHL and Reebok didn't mess with the Blackhawks or Rangers jerseys. Doubtful that Devils would approve anything too crazy.Islanders, Pens, Kings, and Ducks have been much more experimental with their brands over the years.

Would love to see an Orange Ducks jersey.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/11/12/chrome-logos-for-stadium-series.html

The stuff at the end is very concerning...

"Futuristic" jerseys...

"Designed by the NHL and Reebok, while teams were only consulted"...

Oh hell, this could be bad! I know I will buy one, so I hope I am wrong and they are merely ok.

I have been waiting so long for a new Devils design or a 3rd jersey that I feel that this might be my only chance to get a different one. Hopefully they aren't too hideous. I don't want to walk around looking all chromed out and shiny like a hockey playing Transformer.

Or...do I??

Would love to see an Orange Ducks jersey.

I'm the one who started this long ago and you will see it.

"Designed by the NHL and Reebok, while teams were only consulted"...

I can tell you that Luc Robitaille of the LA Kings was more than consulted. The Kings designed their own jersey (and color scheme), Reebok made changes to the design only, and the Kings responded to Reebok's changes. The final product will be a mix of both.

As far as "futuristic", I'm told the stripes on the sleeves are placed at a different angle and not straight across the sleeve as is traditional.

I was also told that the Stadium Series jerseys were "cookie cutter" from team to team, however, the Kings were to have stripes along the bottom of the jersey.

Interesting stuff.....futuristic, eh? Why do I keep seeing those 2 awful hockey robots on the 90's FOX Sunday games complete with *bleck* the glowing puck?

As much as the suspense is killing us, you have to admit that Reebok may actually be doing the right thing (for the first time ever, and only for themselves) by not releasing the designs yet, just to help keep the knockoffs at bay until the absolute last minute.

Can China accurately reproduce the (potentially) stupid shiny-ness only found in the future?

Can China accurately reproduce the (potentially) stupid shiny-ness only found in the future?

To the average fan, I don't think it matters. Look at all the premature flyers and Rangers knockoff WC jerseys that people still wear, even though they didn't look anything like the actual jerseys.

I'd still rather the Rangers just wear a special patch on their current white jerseys, as was also rumored recently. That would save us all a ton of money. Lol

I'd still rather the Rangers just wear a special patch on their current white jerseys, as was also rumored recently. That would save us all a ton of money. Lol

Yes. And the anxiety of trying to get what may be limited supplies of the 2.0's etc.

I'm kinda torn. Though I don't trust Reebok's design decisions, I do think it's cool that all of the jerseys were designed together with a common theme.