pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

10 hours ago, furiousd said:

The National Emblem 100th patches I bought didn't have the stupid plastic backing on them, but you should probably check to make sure. 

I usually stick the patch right where I want it with some 3M spray adhesive to avoid any miscommunication about where I want it to go.

I'll be sure to check for the plastic backing.  So this patch is authentic, right?

I don't have any spray adhesive but I'm sure if I note on my order form that I want it above the right sleeve numbers they'll know where I mean.  Good idea for the future though.

Looking for a 1991 All Star game patch... The one from the Chicago Stadium.... would LOVE to get my hands on an authentic... any help pointing me to one would be so GREATLY APPRECIATED...!!! Thanking all of you in advance...

26 minutes ago, Tazer19 said:

Looking for a 1991 All Star game patch... The one from the Chicago Stadium.... would LOVE to get my hands on an authentic... any help pointing me to one would be so GREATLY APPRECIATED...!!! Thanking all of you in advance...

I may have a extra I will check 

1 minute ago, cowboys said:

I may have a extra I will check 

Oh man would that be ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC..... Thank you for the reply....

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

I'm finally out of 75th patches from that eBay seller's lot a year or two ago. Anyone have one, maybe two originals to spare?

I don't have any extras, but was that really that long ago???

Time flies...and even so I have not found my two vintage Devils jerseys for my two patches. 

Anyone know if these are going to be used on jerseys this season??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361971191295

What seasons did the NHL actually wear the Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary Patch, I know it is the 92/93 season.  This is the reason I'm questioning the whole season thing.  Demitra did not come into the NHL until the 93/94 season, yet there are a ton of photos of him wearing a jersey with the Stanley Cup 100th on it.  So is it a split season thing like we see with the NHL 100th anniversary patch (assuming they are wearing it the first part of the 17/18 season......

If this doesn't make sense, I'll make it easy.  Whey are there pictures of Demitra wearing the SC 100th Anniversary patch if he didn't come into the NHL until the 93/94 season?

To my knowledge, it was worn for the 1992-93 season only 

My guess is that they recycled the 1992-93 jerseys for use in 1993-94 and did not cover up the patch (for preseason and or regular season)

Maybe @slimcutta or @SensGameUsed has some more knowledge into this.

The Sens did reuse those jerseys into the 1993-93 pre-season. In fact, I saw one of them at MeiGray's warehouse yesterday.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5934311&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4545&scId=4545

10 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

To my knowledge, it was worn for the 1992-93 season only 

My guess is that they recycled the 1992-93 jerseys for use in 1993-94 and did not cover up the patch (for preseason and or regular season)

Maybe @slimcutta or @SensGameUsed has some more knowledge into this.

That would explain the red with white trim layered numbers from 92/93 season on a 93/94 picture when the colors had went to white with red trim.  So, I guess it's safe to say that all the pictures of Demitra wearing this particular jersey would be from preseason play?

14 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Anyone know if these are going to be used on jerseys this season??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361971191295

I doubt it. The listing is for the legitimate Nationals Emblem patch and the seller clearly states that it's one that isn't meant to be worn on a garment. 

The listing just states that because NE patches have that disclaimer on the back with patches that have the hard plastic backing.

@JeffB posted a tutorial here on how to remove it so it can be applied to a jersey contrary to what "the man" says

8 hours ago, LessThanZero said:

That would explain the red with white trim layered numbers from 92/93 season on a 93/94 picture when the colors had went to white with red trim.  So, I guess it's safe to say that all the pictures of Demitra wearing this particular jersey would be from preseason play?

Likely, but it could have also been used in the regular season

10 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I doubt it. The listing is for the legitimate Nationals Emblem patch and the seller clearly states that it's one that isn't meant to be worn on a garment. 

Why do you think they won't be worn this coming season?  And they are the same as any patch you get from NE you can put it right on a jersey without any issues, I have four of them

3 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

The listing just states that because NE patches have that disclaimer on the back with patches that have the hard plastic backing.

@JeffB posted a tutorial here on how to remove it so it can be applied to a jersey contrary to what "the man" says

I stand corrected. 

18 minutes ago, bluejacket said:

I'll let others chime in, however I'll never buy from him again.  The patch I received looked nothing like what was pictured...

Dearest friends, I need your advice on the 75th anniversary patches. Keener is currently doing up a jersey for me with a 75th patch that I provided. I honestly can't remember where I picked up the patch. I am hoping it was a standard patch from one of you but I'm worried now that it was either a repro from either SportsK or ebay.  Assuming it's a repro, how ghastly is this thing going to look on my minty fresh Sabres ultrafil? 

49 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Dearest friends, I need your advice on the 75th anniversary patches. Keener is currently doing up a jersey for me with a 75th patch that I provided. I honestly can't remember where I picked up the patch. I am hoping it was a standard patch from one of you but I'm worried now that it was either a repro from either SportsK or ebay.  Assuming it's a repro, how ghastly is this thing going to look on my minty fresh Sabres ultrafil? 

That would depend on how good a reproduction it is. Do you happen to have a picture of it?

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would depend on how good a reproduction it is. Do you happen to have a picture of it?

Eh ... I know it's a repro now.
 7qrqxLyl.jpg

I would ask them not to use that and seek out an original.