pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

Yeah it looks good either way. 

I thought so.  He had it priced like an original so here's to hoping it is.

Definitely. 

Why did it take Boston 60 years to honor Willie O'Ree?

2 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Why did it take Boston 60 years to honor Willie O'Ree?

Because it’s one of the most racist cities on Earth. 

On Tue Jan 16 2018 at 0:21 AM, jroam82 said:

Does anywhere sell the NY shield patch from the front of the WC jersey?

Haven't posted on here in a few years but signed in today to ask this.  Due to a new job funds are kind of low right now so I had to bite the bullet and buy one of fanatics WC blanks out of desperation.  Much to my surprise, no NY shield on the front.  Does anyone know where to get one?  I was going to bring it to Cosbys to get a player on it.  Does anyone know if they have the shields? Thanks!

21 minutes ago, KICKsaveANDabeauty said:

Haven't posted on here in a few years but signed in today to ask this.  Due to a new job funds are kind of low right now so I had to bite the bullet and buy one of fanatics WC blanks out of desperation.  Much to my surprise, no NY shield on the front.  Does anyone know where to get one?  I was going to bring it to Cosbys to get a player on it.  Does anyone know if they have the shields? Thanks!

So, I never found anything other than a replica on eBay.

Checking the various fanatics websites did end up showing some pre-customized ones coming back into stock (limited sizes/players/etc). I ended up biting the bullet and grabbing one of those to save hassle.

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Ask eBay sellers, a lot have them without if you ask. 

Any customizer with a heat press should be able to separate them also. 

Awesome! Thanks for the advice! 

I just bought a 99 Cup Patch so I don't need another and besides it's only open to American bidding, but I believe there is another original here. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Dallas-Stars-1999-NHL-Champions-Hockey-Pucks-Stanley-Cup-Patch/183009598579?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The pucks are sorta whatever, so someone might be able to get just the patch for a little less.

Might anyone have a 75th anniversary patch they'd part with? Not looking for a repro. 

Just purchased a patch from a board member, thanks Pens4Ever I know some of you have had both but I am interested in comparing an authentic to the repro that I have. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

NHL75th

Original (left) with typical repro on right.  Original has fuzzy black borders and lines; repros tend to have sharper details and straighter lines.

3 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

NHL75th

Original (left) with typical repro on right.  Original has fuzzy black borders and lines; repros tend to have sharper details and straighter lines.

This is an excellent comparison shot. I just went through this for a replica jersey I was doing (didn't want to waste an original on it). As patches go, the repros look way better/sharper than the originals. Advances in technology, I suppose. 

Thanks LAK74. I'm assuming the older ones will be thicker than the repros. Aside from posting here, I don't think anyone at the local barn will notice that I have an authentic patch. I have a repro on this this Puppa. 

2XReWjFl.jpg

And great job for sharing your insight, mfitz. It's refreshing to see you post relevant information about jerseys again :D.

Edited by Dr_Puck

5 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I'm assuming the older ones will be thicker than the repros.

Actually the originals aren’t really any thicker, but I forgot to mention that the NHL shield on them tends to be more raised (i.e., in higher relief) than on repros.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

And great job for sharing your insight, mfitz. It's refreshing to see you post relevant information about jerseys again :D.

That’s what she said.

Sorry, that was just a reflex. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-CAROLINA-HURRICANES-JERSEY-PATCH-Raleigh-Arena-Inaugural-Season-1999-2000/202216492899?hash=item2f150acf63:g:9vIAAOSws0JadlnX

For the Canes collector an inaugural patch that I'd assume is an original.  The price isn't great but I'd imagine these aren't the easiest to find.

32 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-CAROLINA-HURRICANES-JERSEY-PATCH-Raleigh-Arena-Inaugural-Season-1999-2000/202216492899?hash=item2f150acf63:g:9vIAAOSws0JadlnX

For the Canes collector an inaugural patch that I'd assume is an original.  The price isn't great but I'd imagine these aren't the easiest to find.

If it were a Devils Prudential Center Opening Night patch, I’d pay that price immediately. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If it were a Devils Prudential Center Opening Night patch, I’d pay that price immediately. 

I hear you, that's why I've been getting in the habit of looking out for more originals and posting some of them back here.

There's a couple patches I'm looking for that I'd pay up for too, but they never come around it seems. (91 Cup and Isles 25th Patch)

What jersey would the Prudential patch go on? CCM/pro player/ reebok or better yet what year did the Prudential Center open?

I know a friend locally here has been looking for the Oilers inaugural Rogers Center patch and is having no luck.

Edited by JJM4

3 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I hear you, that's why I've been getting in the habit of looking out for more originals and posting some of them back here.

There's a couple patches I'm looking for that I'd pay up for too, but they never come around it seems. (91 Cup and Isles 25th Patch)

The older the patch is, the harder it will be, because I don’t think a lot of them were made for sale. The Devils patch I referenced was not. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The older the patch is, the harder it will be, because I don’t think a lot of them were made for sale. The Devils patch I referenced was not. 

Yup, I may be forced to go repro or patchless on a 91' North Stars.  I know the 99/98/97 Cup Patch was made available for sale, but I'm not too sure about the '91. The Isles should come around, I know a member here had one available a couple years ago.

Edited by JJM4

Can always put a repro SCF patch and replace it should you ever find an original. 

That's a great point, I might do that for the Isles as they wore it more extensively during the time I'm getting the jersey customized for... but I'd sooner go patchless on the N Stars.  I've seen a lot/group of patches came up for auction on gamewornauctions in the past and the 91 Patch was in there, but unfortunately I'm not registered to bid.

Edited by JJM4

JJM,

if you want a repro 25th Islanders patch, let me know - you can have it.