pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

Anyone know where I can get an authentic Adam Foote Number Retirement Night patch?

I'm going to get a rookie MacKinnon done up very soon and I'm contemplating whether to get the patch to put on it.  Patch Collection nor JB seem to have any.

I'm indifferent about if I should bother or not.  I love the idea of rookie jerseys and if the patch was worn every single game for that season, it'd be included.  I'm just not sure I want to bother to replicate a jersey worn for one night just because of a patch when I can replicate his first home jersey fine without it.

Edited by shilenj

On 2/3/2018 at 8:58 PM, JJM4 said:

I hear you, that's why I've been getting in the habit of looking out for more originals and posting some of them back here.

There's a couple patches I'm looking for that I'd pay up for too, but they never come around it seems. (91 Cup and Isles 25th Patch)

What jersey would the Prudential patch go on? CCM/pro player/ reebok or better yet what year did the Prudential Center open?

I know a friend locally here has been looking for the Oilers inaugural Rogers Center patch and is having no luck.

For some reason I am finally seeing this now.

The Prudential Center Opening Night patch went on a red Edge 1.0.  The Devils made the same patch but with different writing.  The one the players wore on the Opening Night it said "October 27 2007 Opening Night Prudential Center" while the other one that the players never wore just said Inaugural Season (might have said Prudential Center as well but I cannot find a picture of it quickly right now to reference it).

The inaugural season patch were sold in the stores.  The Opening Night patch was only available on the gamers or game issued jerseys.  Basically the only way to get them is from a gamer or game issued jersey from that night.

The Prudential Center Inaugural Season patch/logo was originally produced for Devils STH and the leftovers were put in the Devils Den store where they were just stacked by a register and you had to ask about them. They were eventually sold at the 2009 Draft Day sale for $1 apiece. Looking back those would have made a pretty solid investment as the last one we had privately sold for $25. The same Inaugural Season logo was sold on one item of apparel by the Devils, a black New Era cap. That logo was embroidered, not a patch (so in case anyone finds one thinking they can remove it)

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

I'm looking for a 1992 Stanley Cup patch.  Would prefer an original if for some reason someone has one laying around they aren't going to use.  Or second best where could I get a decent repro?  Ive seen some pretty crappy ones. Even Patch Collections sucks. 

I'm looking for an authentic 1996 Stanley Cup Patch if anyone has one. 

Looking for another "probably not"... I'm hoping to find the ADK patch the Utica Comets wear. The team is willing to sell me an authentic jersey but not the ADK patch. Any help is appreciated. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Western-vs-Eastern-Conference-Stanley-Cup-Patch-2000/183167925831?hash=item2aa5a8be47:g:u-4AAOSwpDpanZu-

Almost certain we have an original 2000 cup patch.  I followed a link to ice_hockey_patches 2000 patch and the C in Cup is different among other things.  I hope a Devs fan can enjoy this and put it to good use since I have no use for the memory of that Cup - signed, this Stars fan :(

PS- hook me up with a 91 Red/Green

Edited by JJM4

On 4/7/2018 at 3:52 PM, JJM4 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Western-vs-Eastern-Conference-Stanley-Cup-Patch-2000/183167925831?hash=item2aa5a8be47:g:u-4AAOSwpDpanZu-

Almost certain we have an original 2000 cup patch.  I followed a link to ice_hockey_patches 2000 patch and the C in Cup is different among other things.  I hope a Devs fan can enjoy this and put it to good use since I have no use for the memory of that Cup - signed, this Stars fan :(

PS- hook me up with a 91 Red/Green

Any confirmation on those being the real deal? I might have to buy one up since I've got an authentic green NHL2000.

3 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Any confirmation on those being the real deal? I might have to buy one up since I've got an authentic green NHL2000.

I've checked it out against game worn jerseys (and against the ebay repro's) and I'd say it's legit. I ended up picking one up for my white NHL2000, couldn't resist the double patch.  I've seen this seller sell an authentic 99 Cup patch in the past too.

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I bought the remaining two patches, basically because I couldn’t let them pass and I didn’t want to delay while you made up your mind. I don’t have plans for them, so since you were thinking about one, if you want one at the same cost ($10+$2.95, just like he was charging), I’m happy to pass one along when they get here. 

Otherwise, MINE!!!! Lol

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I bought the remaining two patches, basically because I couldn’t let them pass and I didn’t want to delay while you made up your mind. I don’t have plans for them, so since you were thinking about one, if you want one at the same cost ($10+$2.95, just like he was charging), I’m happy to pass one along when they get here. 

Otherwise, MINE!!!! Lol

I will take it 

Just now, cowboys said:

I will take it 

I’m not looking to sell them, I’m just looking to not step on Kevin’s toes since he had announced his interest. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not looking to sell them, I’m just looking to not step on Kevin’s toes since he had announced his interest. 

Ok I was watching and was going to buy one as well let me know 

Just now, cowboys said:

Ok I was watching and was going to buy one as well let me know 

Maybe message the seller and see if he has anymore?  I bought one then he immediately relisted 2 more.

1 minute ago, JJM4 said:

Maybe message the seller and see if he has anymore?  I bought one then he immediately relisted 2 more.

Probably a good idea. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It's not that big of a deal. I only have the NHL2000 patch. I don't have the jersey for it.

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

It's not that big of a deal. I only have the NHL2000 patch. I don't have the jersey for it.

Fair enough. 

Then why bother asking for it ,WTF

3 hours ago, cowboys said:

He was undecided. I assume if he wasn't, he'd just have bought one instead of posting that he might buy one. 

3 hours ago, cowboys said:

I have a lot of patches that don't have jerseys yet. Since I don't have the jersey for the NHL2000 patch, if I don't get the SCF patch, it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have.

6 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I have a lot of patches that don't have jerseys yet. Since I don't have the jersey for the NHL2000 patch, if I don't get the SCF patch, it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have.

I presently own 23 patches that I don't own the jerseys for. That doesn't include another 6 that are in bags with jerseys ready to go to EPS, all but one of which I had way in advance of having the jerseys. Or the Brodeur Retirement Night patch I have on display in my office with my commemorative coin and program. 

I'm willing to bet this is a fairly common practice across the board. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I presently own 23 patches that I don't own the jerseys for. That doesn't include another 6 that are in bags with jerseys ready to go to EPS, all but one of which I had way in advance of having the jerseys. Or the Brodeur Retirement Night patch I have on display in my office with my commemorative coin and program. 

I'm willing to bet this is a fairly common practice across the board. 

Do not do that ,patchs sat around for way to long , but we all do things different ,cheers 

On 3/6/2018 at 2:59 PM, spudrock512 said:

I'm looking for an authentic 1996 Stanley Cup Patch if anyone has one. 

1_f.jpg

Edited by forzzaazzurri

Any help with a 2008 memorial patch would be appreciated

1_f.jpg

4 hours ago, forzzaazzurri said:

1_f.jpg

Are you sure that is authentic?  Here is a picture from a Breezer game worn jersey from the finals:

96roadp.jpg

and another one from an Avs jersey:

Image result for 1996 stanley cup game worn jersey

Edited by spudrock512