pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

4 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Are you sure that is authentic?  Here is a picture from a Breezer game worn jersey from the finals:

and another one from an Avs jersey:

Hell, the repro looks BETTER!

18 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Hell, the repro looks BETTER!

Sad but true. The embroidery looks too clean lol. 

Looking for either of these flyers patches: 25th Anniversary or 1992 All Star Game Patch. I prefer the Anniversary patch, but the other would work too.  Looking fro authentic patches, I know about the ones from Ice Hockey Patches.

Trying to locate a 2017 Frozen Fenway patch

1524090237578-vi.jpg

1524090225526-vi.jpg

Anyone have or know where I can find one of these patches?

23716_zps4wcxenm5.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows how much I loved the Flyers 2010 run... so I really couldn't help myself when I saw this on eBay last week.

41826674091_80e2a9777e_b.jpg

Made in 2007??? So they knew!

WHAT ELSE HASN'T THE NHL TOLD US?!?!?!!?

29 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

They should tell Kane, at least. Poor sucker still thinks he scored here.

wRF.gif

13 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Hmm, hadn't noticed that. Think it's fake? Or would they have just used a random backing for a prototype patch? Either way it's a cool piece, but good to know either way.

That patch is awesome. If you come across a 1997 Flyers Stanley Cup champions patch, let me know! 😂

I wouldn’t worry about that copyright date. I have a 2014 SCF patch from NE and the packaging says copyright 2011. 

40 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I wouldn’t worry about that copyright date. I have a 2014 SCF patch from NE and the packaging says copyright 2011. 

Unless that is just further confirmation they know the results in advance!!

41813554592_cbd0b58e81_b.jpg

19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Unless that is just further confirmation they know the results in advance!!

Great Scott!

I was incredibly disappointed that the atlas of “future” sports events ended in 2000.

I’m old!!!

7f_thingsyoudidntknowabout16.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

In 1989, the year 2000 felt like it was fifty years away.

But, it's still dangerous to enter without lights on.

I’m just pissed we don’t have flying cars or real hoverboards. Or jackets that dry themselves. 

Does anyone sell Skoda patches? Even if the US shits the bed in this MWC, I’d still like to get a Kane jersey if possible. 

If beating Canada is considered shittin the bed, sign me up.

anyone have an idea on where to track down the shoulder patch from the flyers 2017 season? the flyer forever patch?  trying to get a jersey lettered to specs for a friend's wedding gift.  thanks

As far as I know, the Snider memorial patches were never sold to the public.

Yeah, I don’t believe they were, either. There are some pretty good reproductions out there, though. 

Does anybody have a source for an authentic Gordie Howe memorial patch? I need away but would ideally like to buy both. Our host site has reproductions and I feel they look too different from the real thing. Based on the eBay images I've seen everything listed is a repro. Why is this so hard to find?! National Althletic did sell them at some point.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:33 AM, cry_minarets458 said:

anyone have an idea on where to track down the shoulder patch from the flyers 2017 season? the flyer forever patch?  trying to get a jersey lettered to specs for a friend's wedding gift.  thanks

Authentic ones were never made available to the public, and they were adamant that they never would be, as they only wanted them to be worn by the team. That said, like others have said, there are good reproductions out there. Depending on which jersey you're doing up, though, there are some important specifics.

Home, 50th, and Stadium Series - all had an embroidered Snider patch all season

Away - had a screen printed patch for Sets 1 and 2 (so if you're doing it WITHOUT the 100th patch, the Snider patch should be screen printed)

Hall of Fame Game - obviously you'd need the Hall of Fame patch as well, which isn't available, but that specific game had an embroidered Snider patch as well

If you truly want an authentic patch, look into a Meigray GI that could be stripped and just use the patch from that.

I have a quick question about older SCF patches ranging from 1990-1999. 

Does anyone know if there would be a variation in patches worn by the opposing teams. The specific example I'm looking into is the 1991 patch, so basically would there maybe be some differences between the SCF patch the Pens wore and the patch the North Stars wore in the finals?

EPS confirmed today that Vegas will not wear the inaugural season patch in the Final, so if you’re like me and you have two inaugural season patches and two SCF patches on the way, you’ll need separate sets of jerseys for them.