pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

On 2018-07-10 at 4:32 PM, spudrock512 said:

Not very likely, but does anyone have an original Kings 25th Anniversary patch?

Picture

I think I may I will look 

Looking for another pair of Warsteiner IIHF sleeve patches from the mid-late 90s. Got my eBay sniper rifle out tonight and am now in need. XD

Stupid...Stupid...Me!

I buy jerseys that force me to spend even more money on patches, and send me on the impossible search for authentic patches.  Here is what I am looking for that I probably can't find:

• 1992 Stanley Cup Patch
  • Penguins 25th Anniversary Patch
  • Penguins Badger Patch

I am currently in the process of acquiring the necessary patches to turn a blank 2000 all star jersey into a Modano, and from all the photos I have seen, it seems as though the USA flag patch on these particular jerseys were smaller than the ones used on 1998-99 & '02. Can anyone confirm?

I don’t know the dimensions of that patch, but just eyeballing it from photos of gamers, they look to me to be no smaller than the ones in the other ASG’s.  You might try PMing IJ member Modano1973; he has an amazing Modano authentic jersey collection, and will certainly know more than I do about the subject.

11 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I don’t know the dimensions of that patch, but just eyeballing it from photos of gamers, they look to me to be no smaller than the ones in the other ASG’s.  You might try PMing IJ member Modano1973; he has an amazing Modano authentic jersey collection, and will certainly know more than I do about the subject.

Awesome! Will do, thanks.

Looking for black patch white letter Reebok wordmark.

12 hours ago, aaron.holick said:

Looking for black patch white letter Reebok wordmark.

I may have one. I know I have white with black for sure. I won’t be home till Tuesday so I’ll check then. 

19 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I may have one. I know I have white with black for sure. I won’t be home till Tuesday so I’ll check then. 

Would you happen to have a black-on-white vector, by chance?

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Would you happen to have a black-on-white vector, by chance?

Yes. Almost certain. 

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Yes. Almost certain. 

Would you be willing to sell it?

Do you think obtaining a Scotiabank Patch that they used on the Marlies jersey is possible? Maybe the official customizer of the Marlies team has the patches?

4 hours ago, madflava said:

Do you think obtaining a Scotiabank Patch that they used on the Marlies jersey is possible? Maybe the official customizer of the Marlies team has the patches?

Not possible unless you take it from a gamer/issued jersey.  

4 hours ago, madflava said:

If you ever do find any loose ones, please let me know

My experience with trying to find AHL sponsor patches, is that you gotta find a contact within the team who is willing to help someone out. Last time I contacted a team store to try my luck, I was told the equipment manger is the only one with access to them.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:50 PM, Van67 said:

My experience with trying to find AHL sponsor patches, is that you gotta find a contact within the team who is willing to help someone out. Last time I contacted a team store to try my luck, I was told the equipment manger is the only one with access to them.

Second this. I've had success reaching out to the EQM and asking for a contact or patch directly. Another suggestion when contacting them is to say you can send in a jersey to have it done.

Looking for a ccm patch from an AHL (or wherever) jersey. I’m referring to the one on the front under the collar. Black background, white lettering. 

Looking for a King Clancy patch, original or a quality replica.

Looking for the lokomotiv patch worn by the Red Wings during the 2011-2012 season. Does anyone have an extra or know where I might be able to locate one? 

Does anyone know where these Blackhawks All Star Game shoulder patches come from? I'm assuming the Icehogs use the same ones.

s-l1600.jpg

The only one I can seem to find are by National Emblem, but they have a white outline instead of black. Material also looks a little different...

51Mpg9rE0AL.jpg

I have never seen those specific patches available for retail sale. JerseyBaron is the only one I know of who could get them, but of course you could only get a patch if you bought an ASG jersey from him.  He got them through his connections at Reebok.

Just out of curiosity, which year ASG are you trying to get the patch for?  (There might be subtle variations between patches from different recent ASG’s.)  I gave up finding an original, so for a 2012 Hossa ASG jersey I just got some black fabric paint, and painted over the white area.  Without doing that, the white border sticks out like a sore thumb on a dark blue jersey.

10 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I have never seen those specific patches available for retail sale. JerseyBaron is the only one I know of who could get them, but of course you could only get a patch if you bought an ASG jersey from him.  He got them through his connections at Reebok.

Just out of curiosity, which year ASG are you trying to get the patch for?  (There might be subtle variations between patches from different recent ASG’s.)  I gave up finding an original, so for a 2012 Hossa ASG jersey I just got some black fabric paint, and painted over the white area.  Without doing that, the white border sticks out like a sore thumb on a dark blue jersey.

2012 for a Hossa as well.

Are you sure about JB? The Blackhawks ASG jerseys he's selling use the white bordered ones.

For example: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302221908953

Edited by Gewargis

You’re looking at the older ASG’s, before JB could get the official patches.  If you look at the later ASG jerseys he sells, you can see the black-bordered patch.  In fact, it looks like the picture you posted came from one of JB’s white ASG jerseys.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOEWS-2017-NHL-ALL-STAR-GAME-CENTRAL-DIVISION-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-JERSEY-/302266162496?var=&hash=item8bf4dca706

Edited by LAK74

Gewargis, just fyi this is the game patch for the 2011 (and I think) the 2012 ASG’s:

CHI_ASG2011

The embroidered lines are a bit thicker everywhere (especially as seen on the veins of the gold/blue feather), and there may be a difference in the slope of the top of the head, when compared to the patch used in later games (2016-on).

Thanks for the heads up!

I just sent JB another email. I'll hopefully hear back soon.

Edited by Gewargis