pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

It will be interesting to hear what he says.  I figured with the popularity of the Hawks he either ran out of patches (because he only had a limited amount of them) or won’t want to give them up so he’ll have a better chance of selling his remaining stock of blanks.

21 hours ago, LAK74 said:

It will be interesting to hear what he says.  I figured with the popularity of the Hawks he either ran out of patches (because he only had a limited amount of them) or won’t want to give them up so he’ll have a better chance of selling his remaining stock of blanks.

I just bought a few jerseys from him and he was able to give (sell) me 1 for each jersey and a couple extra for future ASG jerseys.

That’s great!   He must have a lot more left than I thought, lol.

I don't think I'm ever going to find a 2009 Memorial Cup patch. My eBay search filter has hit in a few years.

Does anyone know of any sellers for that type of patch or should I just try and get it custom made?

Need an NCHC patch, as shown below. The Sioux Shop has them, but their cheapest shipping option to Canada is over $40 US and I'm not paying that for a $7 US patch. If anyone can help, please let me know.

tpFkOHT.jpg

4 hours ago, Van67 said:

Need an NCHC patch, as shown below. The Sioux Shop has them, but their cheapest shipping option to Canada is over $40 US and I'm not paying that for a $7 US patch. If anyone can help, please let me know.

How much is shipping to the US? If you need a US middle man, pm me, I’ll do it. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

How much is shipping to the US? If you need a US middle man, pm me, I’ll do it. 

WTF $40!? They must have no idea how shipping works.

5 hours ago, Gewargis said:

WTF $40!? They must have no idea how shipping works.

You would think for a patch they could just put it in a small envelope and mail it through normal mail service for like $2.00 or whatever a small envelope costs these days....

2 minutes ago, KB67 said:

You would think for a patch they could just put it in a small envelope and mail it through normal mail service for like $2.00 or whatever a small envelope costs these days....

A retailer? Charge what shipping actually costs?? Surely you jest...

Just now, mfitz804 said:

A retailer? Charge what shipping actually costs?? Surely you jest...

You’re right...what was I thinking??

On 8/20/2018 at 3:16 PM, LAK74 said:

That’s great!   He must have a lot more left than I thought, lol.

Hey @LAK74,

Would you say the black boarder patch is bigger than the white?

The ones I got from JB are definitely bigger than the white one that came on the Kane 2011 I got from him.

Edited by Gewargis

I haven’t seen either one of those patches in person, so I can’t say for sure.  In general though, recent ASG game patches tend to be bigger than the team patches sold by National Emblem, so if the one on the Kane is from NE then I’m not surprised the black-bordered one is bigger.

17 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I haven’t seen either one of those patches in person, so I can’t say for sure.  In general though, recent ASG game patches tend to be bigger than the team patches sold by National Emblem, so if the one on the Kane is from NE then I’m not surprised the black-bordered one is bigger.

Cool, thanks for your input.

On 8/24/2018 at 8:21 PM, LAK74 said:

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, but I just compared the JB patches to the Icehogs shoulder patches, and they match 100%. I can only assume that the ASG patches would be the same as the Icehogs since Reebok was the manufacturer. 

So did the ones from JB have the thinner lines on the feathers, and is the top of the head rounder and less bumpy than the one in the pic I posted here?  

Just curious.

38 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

So did the ones from JB have the thinner lines on the feathers, and is the top of the head rounder and less bumpy than the one in the pic I posted here?  

Just curious.

I'll double check tonight.

14 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Just curious.

Ok, so the Edge 2.0 Reebok vector had thicker veins (hehehe), but the patch was the same size. The CCM 7287 was exactly the same. The Edge 1 patches were a little smaller and made from a different material. And the Edge 1 ASG  Havlat from 2007 I have was totally different from the Icehogs Edge 1.0. I didn't notice any differences in the forehead though.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:12 AM, Gewargis said:

Does anyone know where these Blackhawks All Star Game shoulder patches come from? I'm assuming the Icehogs use the same ones.

s-l1600.jpg

Thank you for checking on that.  Sorry, but I was a little confused about all the different patches you mentioned on vector jerseys and 1.0’s.  Originally I had just wanted to know if the loose patches he just sold you were exactly like the one you posted above, with the thin veins.  :)

23 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Thank you for checking on that.  Sorry, but I was a little confused about all the different patches you mentioned on vector jerseys and 1.0’s.  Originally I had just wanted to know if the loose patches he just sold you were exactly like the one you posted above, with the thin veins.  :)

I was checking the different Rockford Icehogs jerseys that I have + the Havlat ASG since they all have the Blackhawks shoulder patch.

Edited by Gewargis

Any idea where I can get a monochrome Blackhawks shoulder patch from the 2015 ASG?

Waiting to hear back from JB, but I figured I'd ask here too.

Edited by Gewargis

11 hours ago, Gewargis said:

Any idea where I can get a monochrome Blackhawks shoulder patch from the 2015 ASG?

Waiting to hear back from JB, but I figured I'd ask here too.

I don’t recall anyone else having those patches loose. 

Does Keener typically have patches in-house? Since I am sending a couple up there soon, it would just be easier if they had some 75th already there. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Does Keener typically have patches in-house? Since I am sending a couple up there soon, it would just be easier if they had some 75th already there. 

They've asked me a couple times if I want them to add a particular patch, but those were more recent jerseys.  Not sure if they have originals of older patches.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

A few weeks ago on their live show they said they have 75th patches.  But, I would email them to confirm.

Looking for a 2004 NHL Young Stars Game patch (Minnesota) any help would be very much appreciated!