pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

On 7/30/2018 at 11:20 AM, spudrock512 said:

Stupid...Stupid...Me!

I buy jerseys that force me to spend even more money on patches, and send me on the impossible search for authentic patches.  Here is what I am looking for that I probably can't find:

• 1992 Stanley Cup Patch
  • Penguins 25th Anniversary Patch
  • Penguins Badger Patch

The amount of money you're gonna pay for all three to be original, or the decades it will take you to find all 3 loose, you will be better off finding a gamer for $1000 and stripping it.

Looking for an original 75th anniversary patch, if anyone has one available. Thanks 

Can anyone point me in the direction of a couple of 91 canada cup patches?  

USA91_front.jpg

45 minutes ago, EMkicks said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a couple of 91 canada cup patches?  

North??

:) 

On 9/7/2018 at 1:13 PM, mfitz804 said:

North??

:) 

Guess I need to get on the line with my north of the border brethren. 😐

Greetings my fellow jersey collecting friends, 

I am in need/search of some of the following patches.... I would really really prefer AUTHENTIC... 1991 NHL All Star Game(Chicago Stadium)...1992 NHL 75th patch...1992 Stanley Cup Finals patch(Chicago vs. Pittsburgh)...1993 Stanley Cup 100 year patch (English version)

I have a Belfour ultrafil that has no patch on it and I prefer a Hawks ultrafil with a patch on it and would put any of them on it... I would love the 1993 100 year Cup patch before the other but would take any of them...

Thank you very much guys...

1 hour ago, Tazer19 said:

Thank you very much guys...

If you get a lead on an authentic all-star patch, lemme know!

If you go with a SCF patch, you should also get a 75th ann patch to put underneath. Since it'll be covered, doesn't matter if it's authentic or not.

IMG_6307-vi.jpg

FWIW, I actually find the quality of the repro 75th ann patches better than the original. I bought a handful when they were available a few years ago.

06477528426302-vi.jpg

Carp. I purchased an Edge with a Bruins 2011 cup patch and wordmark patch. How difficult is it to do a Vector/wordmark transplant? Do I need to find a real-life surgeon? My medical expertise only goes so far. 

27 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Carp. I purchased an Edge with a Bruins 2011 cup patch and wordmark patch. How difficult is it to do a Vector/wordmark transplant? Do I need to find a real-life surgeon? My medical expertise only goes so far. 

As your stated area of specialty is seam ripping, I would have expected you to have this one covered...

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

You can’t tune a carp, but you can tune a fish...Dr. 

So ... removing the vector and wordmark patches should or should NOT be a pain in the carp?

It seems like it could be a little fishy.

11 hours ago, vadarx said:

Blackhawks wearing a 21 patch for the whole season (unsurprisingly). I'm gonna need a couple of these....

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/blackhawks/blackhawks-will-honor-stan-mikita-home-opener-wear-21-patch-during-regular-season

Saw that. Guess I'm going to need to find a few patches and break down and buy an Adidas jersey...

24 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Or the logo from his donut shop

logo.png

Try the Sugar Pucks...they're excellent. 

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

Or the logo from his donut shop

logo.png

they should replace the center ice logo with that for the season....

Were the proper on-ice Stars 25th anniversary patches ever sold to the public? I bought a couple of NEs but I’ve been informed that the embroidered patches aren’t correct. 

I'll leave this here, claims to be original, and he has a 75th original listed too so maybe it is in fact an OG Canucks Place patch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-VANCOUVER-CANUCKS-CANUCK-PLACE-PATCH-ORIGINAL-VERSION/123370572441?hash=item1cb9758a99%3Ag%3AUckAAOSwmZJbnDR-&LH_BIN=1

Does anyone know where I can find a mid 90's to early 2000's All Star Game team patches? Are there any customizers or sellers that might supply them? Here's an example of what I'm referring to:

41818736_10213819710380585_5563919549721

Edited by Gewargis

On 9/6/2018 at 9:39 PM, forzzaazzurri said:

The amount of money you're gonna pay for all three to be original, or the decades it will take you to find all 3 loose, you will be better off finding a gamer for $1000 and stripping it.

This isn't an exaggeration, either.  I've been looking for a Badger Bob patch for almost exactly 10 years to put on my home jersey.  Still nothing.  I'm willing to pay a crap load for it, and no one even has one available for me to throw money at.

There's a guy I work with that I think has one, though.  He wore his jersey to work a year or two ago and I did a freakin' quadruple-take as he walked by, but I never saw him again to verify.  He's also never worn it again since.  Might be my only chance if I ever have the opportunity to ask him about it without sounding like a crazy person.   LOL

I have found this, which is one of the best repros I've seen, at least when it comes to matching the font on the authentic...but it's a little bit smaller than an actual original patch, and the color is a little off.  BUT, if you don't have a better option, it might be a pretty good replacement if you never find a real one.  That's what I plan on using until/if I do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburgh-Penguins-Iron-On-Patch-4-x-2/223113514890?hash=item33f29a0f8a:g:IxcAAOSwyohbffnV

43793942425_9047edf568_k.jpg 44654374592_372e7eba6e_k.jpg

I've been extremely lucky finding a few original 25th patches and cup patches, but boy does Badger elude me.  So disappointing.  

39 minutes ago, blurryhaze312 said:

There's a guy I work with that I think has one, though.  He wore his jersey to work a year or two ago and I did a freakin' quadruple-take as he walked by, but I never saw him again to verify.  He's also never worn it again since.  Might be my only chance if I ever have the opportunity to ask him about it without sounding like a crazy person.   LOL 

“Remember that Penguins Jersey you wore one time two years ago?” 

You’ll either get the patch or a nice restraining order.