pastadutchie

The Patch Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, aaron.holick said:

Looking for a White Reebok Wordmark on Black Twill Patch. Any help would be very much appreciated!

, just sold a pair of these a few weeks ago 

Anyone got an original NHL 75th patch they wanna sell me?

Edited by jsh139

On 1/5/2019 at 12:44 PM, jsh139 said:

Anyone got an original NHL 75th patch they wanna sell me?

PM'd you.

7 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

PM'd you.

Thanks again!

Did National Emblem or anyone else create retail versions of the Red Wings Mr I or Little Caesar's Arena Inaugural Season shoulder patches? Looking for the red/home versions. 

Still looking for an original 2000 SC final patch. If anyone has one they would be willing to part with, please let me know. 

Anyone want this?  Stripped it off of an 80's Cooper I guess it would have been practice jersey.  Replica.

The crest itself is kind of velvety.

20190127_183900

Here's the listing I got it from:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Philadelphia-Flyers-Cooper-Sz-M-Hockey-Jersey-Sport-Shirt-/263119628363?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Edited by blurryhaze312

Does anyone have a line on a 1999 Stanley Cup Finals patch?  I'd prefer an original (if they are even available) but an accurate repro is fine.  The one from Patch Collection looks pretty good to me (see below as pictured in their listing for $14.95 USD) but I'm worried about not getting this patch from them.  I think sometimes they have originals pictured, but when the patch comes, it's a not so good repro.  Thanks for any help.  

910819553_1999SCF.png.9addb303548b3dc3cb18ecf7809b2028.png

All I can say is the 99 SCF original patch does come up quite often in my searches. I've bought 2 this past year and have passed on a couple others.  If you're ok with a repro, that one you posted doesn't look too bad, but before buying I'd be sure you're getting what's pictured.  I search patches regularly so if I see one I'll let you know.

Edited by JJM4

OK great!  Yes, please let me know if you come across one.  Thanks for your help and advice JJM4.  I just started looking, so I'll be patient and keep searching on my end too for awhile and see what comes up. 

That brings up an interesting conversation I remember seeing on FB about patches.  There seems to be three different types of patches.

Original (used in the era they were originally made). You can find these as NOS or leftovers.

Reproductions (made by a third party to look like the original)

Officially Licensed (repros made by National Emblem).

Obviously an original is the most desired, but what about the Officially Licensed ones?  In theory they are supposed to be made just like the originals.

I tend to think of in the same lines as having one's old school jersey accurately customized.  For example, you send in your blank jersey that was manufactured in 1999 to be customized to 1998-99 team specs, so that it looks exactly like what the players wore on the ice in that time period.  Unfortunately, the customizer isn't going to be able to use original 1999 materials for the numbers and nameplates, so technically reproductions.  Same goes for the patches.  Modern materials reproduced to look like the originals from years gone by.  However, with the patches compared with the numbers and nameplates,  it seems like it is harder to reproduce the originals 100%, because the manufacturers are now using modernized equipment and techniques.  At least for me, the best I can hope for and try to accomplish is for the overall look of the finished jersey to match the original as closely as possible.   

I've never worried about it, if I can't get an original 9or if they are too costly), I just use the National Emblem version. 

I am looking for (4) of these patches that are on the arms of the current Team Canada Jerseys. Has anyone ever seen them around? I have the jerseys, but they have the “Canada 150” Patches on the arms instead of these patches, so I’d like to swap out the Canada 150 Patches.

Canada Patch

Hey everyone,

Looking for a few things.

1) Bruins Authentic Front Crest from the '90's.  If anyone has a really beat up jersey from then or has removed one in the past, I could use one.  Also, I am guessing the authentic jersey crests are different than the replica jerseys, but if this can be confirmed if they are different of the same, that would greatly help.

2) 1990 Stanley Cup patch.  I'm just seeing if anyone might have an original.  I know about ice_hockey_patches, and the reproductions on eBay, but just figured I would check here first.

3) 1999 All-Star Patch (the Tampa Bay one).  Again, looking to see if any originals out there first before I go the reproduction route.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

1) Bruins Authentic Front Crest from the '90's.  If anyone has a really beat up jersey from then or has removed one in the past, I could use one.  Also, I am guessing the authentic jersey crests are different than the replica jerseys, but if this can be confirmed if they are different of the same, that would greatly help.

Not sure if this is over your budget but I have bought a few from this seller and the crest matches just about perfect
*I need the shoulder patches off a B's jersey if you come across any. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-BOSTON-BRUINS-CAM-NEELY-PRO-JERSEY-CREST-PATCH/122942801326

I  know awhile back a couple people where looking for original's 91 ASG patches from Chicago Stadium.  I have one available I  just can't remember who those people where.  If interested PM me.

IMG_5683_zpslw631nri.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

2 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

I  know awhile back a couple people where looking for original's 91 ASG patches from Chicago Stadium.  I have one available I  just can't remember who those people where.  If interested PM me.

Hit up Ciberpunk (spelling?). 

Edited by thebiggoalie

19 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Tried to DM you, received an error message that you're not receiving messages. I'd be interseted.

Anyone got an original 92-93 Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary patch. Looking for one after selling my last few not knowing I’d need one.  😣

thx!

I need one of the 100th anniversary patches if anybody is looking to make a few bucks