The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

3 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I can second that, I'm very happy with the way mine came out after the 'procedure'.

TWSS

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

I believe he takes it apart, reuses the St.Louis top layer and remakes the other three twill/vinyl layers. Looks factory fresh when done.

whoa

Yup, pretty much it.  I'll actually just make the whole crest from scratch and just re-use the little square that St. Louis is embroidered on.  Cutting just the vinyl to match the vinyl that is already on the crest exactly is almost impossible so just making the whole crest is much easier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 2:12 AM, Hawks2797 said:

Looking for this patch that was worn on the 2011 ASG jerseys.  The only ones I can find have a white border. 

Look for a Rockford Icehogs shoulder patch. They have black borders.

For anyone that's been looking for authentic Penguins Badger or 25th patches, Casey has them both for sale on FB.  He also has a couple NHL 75th patches, an authentic 1992 SCF with ultrafil swatch, and a few other odds and ends.

I grabbed myself a 1990 All Star patch for my big block Golden Toe :D

12 hours ago, jsh139 said:

For anyone that's been looking for authentic Penguins Badger or 25th patches, Casey has them both for sale on FB.  He also has a couple NHL 75th patches, an authentic 1992 SCF with ultrafil swatch, and a few other odds and ends.

Can anyone tell me how much is he looking for these patches?  I don't have FB so I need some help.  If he has a direct contact, that could help too.

23 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Can anyone tell me how much is he looking for these patches?  I don't have FB so I need some help.  If he has a direct contact, that could help too.

Here is what's still avalible with pricing as of 10am CST:

Badger Bob Johnson Replica Patch (R) - $10

Penguins 25th Anniversary Replica Patches (T & L) - $10 each

1991 & 1992 Stanley Cup Final Replica Patches - $5 each

1997 & 1999 Stanley Cup Final Replica Patches - $10 each

2009 Stanley Cup Authentic Patch - $8

2014-15 Penguins Set 1 Jersey Tag - $8

1991-92 Jon Casey Minnesota North Stars Nameplate - $25

1992-93 Minnesota North Stars Set 4 Tags - $3 each or $5 for the swatch

Authentic Reebok Fight Strap - $15

1991-92 Kevin Stevens Pittsburgh Penguins Game Issued Lettering Kit - $35

Bathgate Pittsburgh Penguins Game Issued Lettering Kit - $15

Zlobin Pittsburgh Penguins Game Issued Lettering Kit - $15

Buy the Bathagte and Zlobin Kits for $25 and you can make a Crosby numbered jersey.

Feel free to make me an offer. PayPal and Venmo accepted.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to reach out to him for anything.

Edited by Hockey Bob

On 5/7/2019 at 8:46 PM, jsh139 said:

Soo pissed I missed out by an hour or so. I'm sure that original 92 cup patch went quick.. Anyone know what he was asking for it?  

7 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Soo pissed I missed out by an hour or so. I'm sure that original 92 cup patch went quick.. Anyone know what he was asking for it?  

I think it was $75, but I could be wrong.  I know it wasn't cheap.  But, it was either off of a GI jersey or recreated perfectly because the ultrafil swatch was the correct shape and size and everything.

11 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I think it was $75, but I could be wrong.  I know it wasn't cheap.  But, it was either off of a GI jersey or recreated perfectly because the ultrafil swatch was the correct shape and size and everything.

$125 with the ultrafil included.  Much more than I wanted to spend, but it's the first one I've seen in years available to buy and I've been looking for over 5 years for the chance.  As @jsh139 points out, it was definitely a top notch patch.  It perfectly matches the one I have on hand now that I know came from the team, not to mention photos of gamers.

22 hours ago, jsh139 said:

He wanted $75 for the Badger Bob patch.

I didn't get the chance to ask him, but unless he knew something I didn't the authentic BB patch he had pictured didn't match photos of game-worn jerseys.  My only thought without asking him is perhaps it came from possibly the reissue jerseys a few seasons later via team catalog?  To be absolutely clear - I am not saying it's fake, I just wasn't aware that there are potentially slightly different versions available.  Makes sense if so...I've seen a slightly different version of the Pens 25th patch that is authentic also.  I've spent all these years searching for a second BB patch that matches the game-worn jerseys exactly that I just can't accept having anything other than the matching numbers/letters on the patch as were on the gamers.  I've found 2-3 reproductions that come incredibly close on the font, but are obvious reproductions when in hand, next to the authentic one - slightly different yellow color, sized differently, etc.  Worthwhile holdovers until the off chances that I can find another real one, but repro all the same.

The search continues.... 😄😭

On 5/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, blurryhaze312 said:

$125 with the ultrafil included.  Much more than I wanted to spend, but it's the first one I've seen in years available to buy and I've been looking for over 5 years for the chance.  As @jsh139 points out, it was definitely a top notch patch.  It perfectly matches the one I have on hand now that I know came from the team, not to mention photos of gamers.

I didn't get the chance to ask him, but unless he knew something I didn't the authentic BB patch he had pictured didn't match photos of game-worn jerseys.  My only thought without asking him is perhaps it came from possibly the reissue jerseys a few seasons later via team catalog?  To be absolutely clear - I am not saying it's fake, I just wasn't aware that there are potentially slightly different versions available.  Makes sense if so...I've seen a slightly different version of the Pens 25th patch that is authentic also.  I've spent all these years searching for a second BB patch that matches the game-worn jerseys exactly that I just can't accept having anything other than the matching numbers/letters on the patch as were on the gamers.  I've found 2-3 reproductions that come incredibly close on the font, but are obvious reproductions when in hand, next to the authentic one - slightly different yellow color, sized differently, etc.  Worthwhile holdovers until the off chances that I can find another real one, but repro all the same.

The search continues.... 😄😭

Tried sending you a PM  says you can't receive messages. Your mailbox full?

Does anyone know where I might be able to find an original authentic Blackhawks WWW patch that was worn during the 2007-2008 season?  I’m not sure if these were even sold by the team so maybe all that was ever available were replicas or in the rare case taking one off of a GI.  Would rather pay for the real thing if they’re actually out there.  Anyone know?

Edited by shilenj

13 hours ago, shilenj said:

Does anyone know where I might be able to find an original authentic Blackhawks WWW patch that was worn during the 2007-2008 season?  I’m not sure if these were even sold by the team so maybe all that was ever available were replicas or in the rare case taking one off of a GI.  Would rather pay for the real thing if they’re actually out there.  Anyone know?

I don't recall those being available for retail. I know I was looking for one for a number of years with no luck. The replica patches that float around really don't look the same when you compare them to the actual patch.

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I don't recall those being available for retail. I know I was looking for one for a number of years with no luck. The replica patches that float around really don't look the same when you compare them to the actual patch.

Ah, that’s disappointing.  I’m doing this one as a Kane rookie and wanted that patch but I really don’t care for repros.

I guess I can always wait to see if a GI or TI comes up on eBay but I’m sure they’re extremely rare.