pastadutchie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's two pics of the patches from one of the jerseys I sold.  Like I said, when I get back from vacay, I can take a better one of the 50th.

Lindros-HHOF (2)

Lindros-HHOF (1)

On 8/2/2019 at 2:38 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Can anyone here with a Flyers 50th gamer post a picture of the anniversary patch? I’m concerned that the one I got was a reproduction. 

Here ya go. 

Flyers 50th anniversary patch

Looks like the situation where the replica is made TOO well and looks sharper than the original. 

If no originals are available, I’d have no problems using that on an authentic jersey. You know, if I was a loser and collected Flyers jerseys.

Yeah, I’m seeing a few small differences that only someone who pays attention would notice and only if they looked closely. It’ll work for me, but I’m surprised that Patch Collection doesn’t have the originals. They seem to have everything from National Emblem nowadays (I also ordered two 2019 SCF patches and another NHL 100 patch from them and all three came in the NE packaging as expected) so were the Flyers 50th patches not made by NE?

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

I can return the one I bought from Patch Collection. It’s not like the shipping would be expensive. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

When Patch Collection runs out of official original patches, they sometimes start to sell repros.  Remember the NHL100 patch fiasco a couple of years ago?  I wouldn’t trust anything from them that was not sealed in a National Emblem package.

If you complain about the patch not being an original, they won’t give you any hassle, and you might not even have to return the patch to them.  The last 2 times they shipped me a repro instead of an original, they didn’t want me to send it back.  Would probably have cost them more for the return shipping than it cost them to make the patch.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:36 PM, Dr_Puck said:

I know nothing about Canada Cup patches... so here goes. How rare are 1991 patches? Either authentic or repro. Looking at a potential project.

I have a repro if you are interested.  They do come around from time to time

Anyone have a 1995 Stanley Cup Patch laying around they don't need?  I don't care if it is a reproduction - in fact I would almost prefer it as it is not going on a jersey that is mint or anything.  I'm just a patch and like to add a little flair when possible.  Patch Collection is out of stock right now and there is nothing on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

I read in this thread a couple pages back that patch collection will sometimes make the patch you're after.  I've put a message into them, but never got a reply.  Maybe they don't do sponsor type patches from the minor leagues??

Anyhow, maybe someone here has a recommendation for getting a patch made.  Please PM or share details of a place that maybe you had a good experience with or was able to at least get you a suitable patch made.  My patch is pretty simple to say the least, very little proofing required.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI. I emailed Vanbase (Canucks team store) to ask if their 50th Anniversary patch is available separately and to nobody's surprise, it is not. I don't expect I will get an answer to my follow up of why and will they be available in the near future. 

Edit: They responded and won't sell them separately at any point... Even though they told me a couple months ago they would in September. What can you do?

Edited by Van67

On 9/17/2019 at 11:30 AM, Van67 said:

Just an FYI. I emailed Vanbase (Canucks team store) to ask if their 50th Anniversary patch is available separately and to nobody's surprise, it is not. I don't expect I will get an answer to my follow up of why and will they be available in the near future. 

Edit: They responded and won't sell them separately at any point... Even though they told me a couple months ago they would in September. What can you do?

I bought some of the repro ones off eBay, and they seem to do the trick.....I know you like your authentic patches, but these may be your only choice with these ones, since the Canucks went and had them made for themselves only.....

33 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I bought some of the repro ones off eBay, and they seem to do the trick.....I know you like your authentic patches, but these may be your only choice with these ones, since the Canucks went and had them made for themselves only.....

The only way I could ever do a repro, is if it's officially licensed (IE: National Emblem) and the differences between that and on-ice are basically not noticeable. 

Pondering options, I can always wait a week or two and see what worn/issued jerseys they have from exhibition games. (Really sucks they didn't participate in a rookie tournament this season.) For the black jersey, maybe I buy an Indocrap jersey, remove the patch and sell the jersey after. 

The Canucks did this with their 40th Anniversary patches too. I was still working in licensed sports retail and we were pissed at the Canucks. We had a hard time selling the jerseys they wore with the patch. Every fan asked for it and it cost us sales. The Canucks just didn't give a flying f***. Love my team, but their product people just don't want their unique product available to many people. Drives me bats***.

Edited by Van67