The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

Interesting post Slim, and though I basically agree with everything you've said, I'm sure I don't get half as annoyed as you probably do by certain posts of this type, lol. Maybe I'm trying too hard to be helpful, and if so, I'm sorry if I'm contributing to the development of a generation of jersey delinquents who are incapable of doing anything on their own. (No sarcasm intended, really.) I'll usually answer questions as long as I get the feeling that the OP sincerely would appreciate having an answer to his or her question, regardless of how much or how little he or she may know. I actually find that very often it's the noobs who are the most appreciative of the help that you provide. And for the more experienced members, sometimes you can do your research but there's still someone out there who manages to find that picture or bit of info that you couldn't. You yourself (Slim) are an amazing source of knowledge and you always seem to find reference photos, especially player cards, that I couldn't find in a search.

Like you, I think it's great when a detailed, intelligent, or humorous discussion results from the original question, and many times we all end up learning something new. I have no problem contributing to that, and that's what I'm hoping for whenever I try to answer people's questions. The only time I might actually get annoyed (and it's not often) is when someone, including myself, goes to the trouble of posting a helpful reply with pictures, links, etc., and the OP doesn't even post a reply, and the thread just dies.

Anyway, I'm rambling here, but I'd just like to ask the general membership if they think I'm posting too much here, or trying to be too helpful. I don't think I'd be offended by any replies. The last thing I'd want to be is an annoyance here.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with everyone else, we should ban LAK74 for life.

I mean if he's the one who suggested to Lakotta use smegma to put patches on jerseys, that's just wrong - not to mention unhygenic. I mean, glue residue can be tough to get out, but d!ck cheese is a whole other problem.

:D

Edited by slimcutta
Damnit, where's the 'like' button?

You yourself (Slim) are an amazing source of knowledge and you always seem to find reference photos, especially player cards, that I couldn't find in a search.

I have a fairly large database that I jerk off t-er...uh...reference frequently.

...but I'd just like to ask the general membership if they think I'm posting too much here, or trying to be too helpful. I don't think I'd be offended by any replies. The last thing I'd want to be is an annoyance here.

Now you're just being silly. Anybody else who answers this question without extreme sarcasm is getting banned immediately.

And if I EVER see that you haven't, at minimum, at least attempted to answer someone's question, you're getting warned, LAK...3 strikes, you're out!

Seriously, though, don't ever think you're answering too much. Not only do I gain insight at times, it means I don't have to answer 'em myself.

Akteon and Slim, you guys crack me up!

FlyersFan376, a very nice thing to say- thank you.

I'm not saying this patch is not legit; if it comes in a package just as in the picture, it probably will be legit. But I did recently purchase 2 different patches from this seller which turned out to be repros, which looked definitely different than the authentic-looking ones in the seller's photos. I even asked the seller before I purchased them if the patches offered were exactly as pictured, and if the pictures were of the actual patches being sold (not a stock photo), and the seller responded yes. I did eventually get a refund without a hassle, but it was still a waste of time. So I'm only saying that the seller has a past history of selling patches which are misrepresented (albeit possibly unintentionally) in the photos.

If you have any doubts, I bought two from House of Hockey immediately after the Rangers defeated Montreal. Theirs were the cheapest and they are legit.

Anyone know where to find a legit original 1997 All Star patch? I need one for a Sharks teal jersey.

If you have any doubts, I bought two from House of Hockey immediately after the Rangers defeated Montreal. Theirs were the cheapest and they are legit.

I did the same

Does anybody know where I could find the Finland shoulder patch for the 2000 ASG jersey? Potentially making a Selanne jersey, and I am having a rough go of it in terms of finding that patch.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181434003353 Edited by LAK74

Good call LAK, I messaged him and he restocked right away.

Getting back to this question, yes, that is a legit patch from the most legit seller of patches, nhlfanatic. They have had some different ebay names over the years, like attanhl, but they are the only ones who ever have the proper NHL All-Star World vs. North America flag patches, as well as the shoulder patches. You want the quarter inch white twill border around the logo for sewing them down.

If you ever forget the seller name, or they have to change names again due to too many negatives from too many crackpots, just search for "NHL flag patch" and it will take you to them.

Does anyone have a source for this year's Memorial Cup patches? I'm looking for a pair of them to adorn Val d'Or jerseys I picked up.

I don't have any definitive knowledge on a source, but I would try contacting the London Knights team store. I know in 2012 both Saint John (QMJHL champ) and Shawinigan (host) were selling that year's Memorial Cup patch when I picked one up. I don't see the patches listed on the Knights' store right now, but it's possible they have them. London was not only the host, but also appears to have the largest online shop presence of any of the 2014 Memorial Cup participants.

According to their website, the operating hours and contact information for London's team store are as follows:

Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Phone: 519-681-0800 ext. 6414

info@londonknights.com

Does anyone have a source for this year's Memorial Cup patches? I'm looking for a pair of them to adorn Val d'Or jerseys I picked up.

Did you find authentics? If so I'd be interested in knowing where you found them if you don't mind sharing.

Anybody have a confirmed hi res pics of a 1999 Stanley Cup finals patch? Google images doesn't have any. I guess there hasn't been any sold at the auction houses in the last few years. PM me, thanks

Did anyone on here happen to win this auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-2000-NHL-MILLENNIUM-JERSEY-GAME-PATCH-BLACK-LOT-X6-PENS-FLYERS-SHARKS-/131213846423?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=HLUoeqdPJ%252BxfZJCBALvNKK6hPd0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I had it on my watch list since it was listed and i got caught up in doing something and i came back and it had ended. If anyone on here ended up with it would you sell extras? If any left

• 2 weeks later...