The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure where to put this. Bought a NHL 2000 all-star jersey. Its a replica in the North American goalie style but, is missing the NHL shield crest on the front. I think it would need to be about ~ 4 x4. As its a replica I don't mind if its slightly bigger or smaller.

Where would I go about getting that crest? Any ideas? Thanks guys

The Washington Capitals will be wearing this patch this season:

CZmkWKH.jpg

Although it will be coinciding with the Capitals 40th Season, the "40" on the patch is actually commemorating the number of games Mike Green will miss due to injury.

I'm pretty new to the world of patches... but I am looking to find an authentic Flames 25th Anniversary patch to go on an authentic jersey.

Does this look like it fits the bill?

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=107843

If not, what's the difference, and where do you think I could find an authentic version?

Thanks.

The RCS one looks off to me. The bottom tail of the 5 is missing, and some of the numbers in the dates look different than in the original. I would go with the one from nhlfanattic on eBay. It looks good to me and they always seem to sell authentic stuff.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170967153713

You're welcome. If you're interested in learning more about differences between authentic and reproduction patches, I would highly suggest you start a photo library of images of gameworn patches (and while you're at it, lettering fonts as well) of jerseys that you are interested in now or which you possibly may plan to obtain in the future. You can easily find good photos of patches and fonts in gameworn auction and collector sites all over the internet. That way, when you come across a patch you need to buy, or a lettered jersey where you're wondering if it's accurately customized, you can refer to the photos to help you compare them. After you've seen your photos enough times, you may eventually not even need to look at them anymore, you can tell right away if something is authentic or accurate, or not. You'll learn a lot in the process.

For example, here's a gameworn patch of the Flames 25th, next to the RCS and nhlfanattic ones, and if you look carefully at the details, you can see for yourself which looks like the original and which doesn't.

Gameworn:

image_zps8abfb46f.jpg

RCS:

image_zpse588ad51.jpg

nhlfanattic:

image_zpse2190522.jpg

• 1 month later...

Anyone with a HHoF game patch able to run the rule over this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141442667847?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought one of those from that seller. They are reproductions, but probably the only thing you can find for that patch. They really don't look too bad.

Anyone with a HHoF game patch able to run the rule over this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141442667847?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought one too. Those are your only option unless you want to buy a gamer.

Hi there,

does anyone know where and normally when to get the Hall of Fame Induction Weekend Patch that the Pens wore yesterday vs. the Leafs?

Are these kind of patches normally available as official NHLPA article or only as unofficial reproductions?

Thanks a lot

Call the hhof store and ask if they have any. Sometimes they have them in the online store but most times they are not sold to the public.

No problem. 2011 is the last one the store sold loose. 2012 was the lockout so no patch that year and 2013 was never made available on the website.

You can also try contacting pro knitwear, they do the team jerseys and maybe they have some or even try Dana Heinz from j&j distributing who sell the game worn pens jerseys.

You can also try contacting pro knitwear, they do the team jerseys and maybe they have some or even try Dana Heinz from j&j distributing who sell the game worn pens jerseys.

You mean Joe Tomon from J&J.