The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

Definitely excited to get one... you gonna get some Desjardins ones done too?

Thanks for hooking me up with this one regardless, its a great repro!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look good to me.

No, they are repos, they are nice repos but they are not original.

Not NHL, but patch related. I need a Pepsi patch for a Rockford Icehogs jersey I'm having done. Any suggestions on how to aquire one of those?

Thanks!

I believe EPS does/did their sweaters and may have the real deal...may have to "let" them do the customization...but check it out.

I would call it an official reproduction. If you see an 18 year old patch design in a new National Emblem package, it isn't an original made in 1997, which is what I think most people mean by "authentic patch," as opposed to a repro.

The manufacturer is officially-licensed by the NHL to produce their patches, so the patch is a legit, official product, but it doesn't mean it's an original from the era. I would guess that patch was just made this year- a lot of 1990's NHL patches in National Emblem packaging have just started to show up this year. I think of these patches like the 2003 CCM Vintage Hockey Nordiques "authentic" jerseys- they are legit reissues (reproductions of the originals), they say "authentic jersey" on the neck label, but no one is going to call those originals from the correct era.

Edited by LAK74

Do you think there's going to be a 100th Anni patch? Next season is the one if I'm right.

The 75th season was 1991-92, so 100th should be 2016-2017, although there is the lockout year so maybe 2017-18.

The 75th season was 1991-92, so 100th should be 2016-2017, although there is the lockout year so maybe 2017-18.

Or they could double dip. Special events, jerseys, and merch for 100 years and 100 seasons. Wouldn't put it past the league or Reebok.

EDIT: Although the league was founded in November 1917, so that would mean the 2017-18 season would overlap with that.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

I haven't tried very hard until now to find these but I figure I'd throw it out there.

I have a few 07-08 Griffins jerseys I'd like to get done up, but I can't find the shoulder patches anywhere. Talked with them and didn't have any luck. Talked with their customizer, no luck. I'd probably have to have someone make some up for me because I'm not looking for something perfect, just close enough.

Anyway, they are just a piece of twill with the logos stiched on apparently...anyone know anyone that might be able to do these?

15680.jpg

15681.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2 questions.

1) Is this legit? If not are there legit 2004 WCoH patches out there besides striping a jersey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311338530627?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

2) Anyone know how to go about getting "Oddset" sponsor patches like Sweden wears pre-tourny or in World Jr's?

50818442_zpsaed3wfxm.jpg

Edited by Richter9377