The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know where to ask this, but what season did the NHL wear the 2000 patch? 1999/2000 or 2000/2001?

Looking for an authentic or good reproduction of the St. Louis Blues/Detroit Dead Wings (no hate, I actually like the Red Wings) October NHL Premiere patch in Stockholm Sweden. Ice Hockey Patches has them but they look "off".

Edited by LessThanZero

Of all the ones I've seen on eBay, the 2 that look remarkably close to the originals are the ones from Memoriesdreams and Patch Collection:

http://ebay.com/itm/NHL-Oct-2-3-2009-NHL-Premiere-Stockholm-jersey-patch-Red-Wings-and-Blues-/252054883975

http://ebay.com/itm/2009-NHL-OPENING-GAME-STOCKHOLM-RED-WINGS-JERSEY-PATCH-/370852710513

I am assuming that the patches you would actually receive are the same as the ones shown in the listings, which is not always the case with some sellers.

Btw, National Emblem offers Premeire patches of other games, including the 2009 Helsinki ones. I would assume they would have made 2009 Stockholm ones available as well, although I did not see any on eBay.

I might have one that Sportshaven sent me recently

I'll have to check when I get home

Received and awaiting a new home, thank you.

Now I'm looking for a New Jersey Devils 10th Anniversary patch? How rare are these bad boys?

I was able to find an authentic Devils 10th patch (there are tons of reproductions that are quite obvious to point out) a few years ago on eBay. I think I paid like $20 for it. I now have it on my CCM retro Devils Claude Lemieux jersey along with a 75th patch (which is a reproduction). Wish I would have saved it for an authentic, but I could always have it stripped off.

To comment on the rarity of an authentic 10th patch, I haven't seen one on eBay since. I check quite often and they are pretty rare. I know Dorholt sells a reproduction of it, but it looks lousy (as does everything else he sells).

I'm sure someone with more expertise will chime in (and correct me if I'm wrong) but from what I've gathered around here, that is a legit patch but a reproduction.

I can't comment on how close it is to an original though.

Edited by ted1025

I've bought that 75th patch. It's really close to the original, so I have no issue using it.

Does anyone know who originally manufactured the 2000 patch?

Hey fellas. Does anyone know where I can find this style of Penguins shoulder patch?

My search of ebay was fruitless.

Thank you.

allstar10_zps2njffrhq.jpg

All I could find is this:

PPc6pittsburgh-penguins-nhl-logo-hockey-
http://www.ioffer.com/i/pittsburgh-penguins-nhl-logo-hockey-jersey-patch-crest-530284721

I'm not a fan of ioffer (I think of it as eBay's inbred cousin) but hey it may be worth a shot if that's the only place it's available.

Was just gonna post this and someone bought it literally a minute ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Pittsburgh-Penguins-old-logo-jersey-patch-All-Star-Game-/252091916885

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am no expert when it comes to patches, had a question...

Is it safe to assume if an older patch has adhesive on the back, it's not an original?

I just bought a 75th annaversary NHL patch that the seller claimed was original, but it has adhesive. It looks perfect in comparison to other originals that are stitched to my other jerseys...school me!

If you post a closeup pic of both sides of the patch we should be able to tell you if it's an original.

Btw, the original 75ths that I have do have a very thin layer of adhesive on the back.

That looks like a good one. The finish on the back looks correct. And the orange border of the NHL shield should feel really raised relative to the white area of the patch.

Sweet! Phew...glad it's an original. It was realitively expensive for a patch.

Thank you for the help man...I appreciate it!

Looking for 1999 playoffs patches. Anyone have a couple to spare?