The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

According to some articles we've seen, Stahl's apparently lettered the game jerseys (and also some replicas), but I had no idea they might have offered the patches for retail sale. If by chance they still have them, that would be great for a few people here who wanted team patches like the CBJ, that Jersey Baron just couldn't get.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think for the last few years, Stahl's usually does ASG jerseys for on-ice wear, as well as the retail at the arena. Then they sell the kits to team customizers.

Last year's kit included the appropriate patch with the name, though it took forever to get them. What I don't remember is if they offered wholesale patches without the entire kit, or if it only came as a package. I don't think either were ever supposed to be for retail sale, though. I also don't know if they still have those kits available. I don't see it on their website, but the only way to be sure is to call and ask the sales rep

So minor league collector friends, what's your approach to getting sponsor patches for companies? I just picked up a Binghamton Senators blank but it doesn't have the bank's patch on it. I emailed the team to see if they have an extra and did a cursory eBay check. Other than that?

Pray?

Well the Baron does have the patch for the team I had in mind. Now just have to decide whether I want to drop 10 pounds or gain 50, to get a properly fitting jersey haha

I guess there's little doubt remaining that you want a Kane, hmm?

Whoops, how did I forget about Keith???

Haha when I started looking I had to double check to see who wore what color last year. Leaning towards Kane though just based on the A on the chest

Was hoping you were hinting at having a Kane you were trying to get rid of haha

Edited by Jdems93

Anyone got a Blue Jackets JHM patch?

There were two extremely short production runs on the JHM patch back in 2008. My memory may be slightly faulty, but I believe the first one showed up in early September 2008. It sold extremely well, and the second run showed up in either December 2008 or early January 2009 and was quickly gone as well.

Since it was a memorial patch done on short notice, it was produced by a very small operation whose name escapes me. There was no backing or packaging to speak of; they were sold loose.

Can anybody maybe tell me the specs of the Ducks' FGW patch that their wore in 1994. And if the used material is simple two layers of twill and if the FGW letters are only heat-pressed?

Thanks a lot

So I just scored a blue Rangers Koho jersey from the 2001-2004 seasons. I ordered a replica 9/11 patch. Three questions...

1. I know they had a "New York" blue jersey that year but I think it was rare or a one off event. Am I right? Did they wear "Rangers" logo blue jerseys with the 9/11 patch?

2. Doesn't really effect anything, but in 01-02 the colored jersey was still the away jersey, right?

3. Leetch would be the A correct? They weren't still rotating home and away alternates like in the 90s were they?

Thanks for any input! As always, when Google fails, go to ice jerseys.

So I just scored a blue Rangers Koho jersey from the 2001-2004 seasons. I ordered a replica 9/11 patch. Three questions...

1. I know they had a "New York" blue jersey that year but I think it was rare or a one off event. Am I right? Did they wear "Rangers" logo blue jerseys with the 9/11 patch?

2. Doesn't really effect anything, but in 01-02 the colored jersey was still the away jersey, right?

3. Leetch would be the A correct? They weren't still rotating home and away alternates like in the 90s were they?

Thanks for any input! As always, when Google fails, go to ice jerseys.

Here is a gamer of Leetch with the New York front, with A

http://www.ty-comemorabilia.com/247LeetchJersey.html

I myself have a regular blue Rangers jersey from that season.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64542586@N07/albums/72157649631572688

Here is a gamer of Leetch with the New York front, with A

http://www.ty-comemorabilia.com/247LeetchJersey.html

I myself have a regular blue Rangers jersey from that season.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64542586@N07/albums/72157649631572688

Thanks! I'll be having it customized as a Leetch, like your regular Poti jersey.

Thanks! I'll be having it customized as a Leetch, like your regular Poti jersey.

If you're ever unsure, it never hurts to search through Getty Images for reference photos.

For example:

Leetch with the A

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/brian-leetch-of-the-new-york-rangers-controls-the-puck-news-photo/530049

Leetch with the C

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/brian-leetch-of-the-new-york-rangers-moves-against-the-news-photo/553954

So in actuality, you have options, if you wanted

Hypothetically, possibly, maybe... perhaps... If one were to acquire a replica that could work with a 75th anniversary patch, how would one go about adding it to the jersey? Those things just get sewn on?

Don't hate me. I would just be trading another replica and I figure this would be a very low cost alternative to acquiring a 75th jersey.

Generally they are heat pressed into place and then sewn. I personally have had a patch sewn down by a local tailor, but it didn't come out great and I had it re-done by an actual customizer.

EPS will charge like $8 to sew it, but you would also have to ship it both ways (and they charge like $15 to send it back), making it a less cheap alternative, unless you were already having it customized and had to send it anyway.

Thanks buddy. I might take it to a local tailor and ask for the heat pressing.

The other issue with that, of course, is making sure they place it in the right spot.

I'm about 95% sure that's an original. Can you verify a few things? 1) The texture of the white surface should have a uniform dotted appearance. In the photo it looks like diagonal lines, but that is probably due to lighting and slight blur from possible camera shake. 2) Does the orange border of the NHL shield feel quite raised relative to the white background? 3) Are the black embroidered threads that make up the body of the 7 and 5 all horizontal and parallel to each other (i.e., not radially-oriented)? If you can say yes to all these, then I'd be more certain it was an original.

Yes to all lak74. Here are some pics for yell to save to your puters for reference. Taken with tablet and led lit mag loop over camera lense.

20160118_132123_zpspcaye9lr.jpg

20160118_132237_zpsakwapff6.jpg

20160118_132331_zpsfznznmwu.jpg

Edited by Richter9377

The white field has a dotted criss cross pattern. The orange boarder is a higher relief

than the black stitching which in turn is raised higher than the white field. Yes the 75 black threads are all horizontal and parallel and the same way in the flack field of the NHL shield.

That's the detail I needed to be sure- looks good to me.