The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By any chance did anyone grab any Watson patches at the Flyers game tonight?

Hollywood Cannon has one on eBay. He's also the one with the Avalanche-Red Wings Alumni patch.

Hi all. Noob here. I've been reading for a little while and there is some great posters and info here.

I've read the thread on the JM patch from the 87-88 North Stars from 2012. Like the guys mentioned in the thread, action photos of this particular style aren't the easiest to come by so I'm guessing the patch is even more elusive. I've been looking for the original, pretty tough to find I'd imagine? Anyone got anything? Thanks!

Any recommendations on sewing on a patch with no single color border? I have an '07 final four patch I'm going to put on, and there is no solid color around the edge. Not really sure what to do.

http://smile.amazon.com/Atlanta-Thrashers-Memorial-Patch-2003-04/dp/B00B8BSQLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457756767&sr=8-1&keywords=dan+snyder+memorial+patch

That's the only Snyder memorial patch I can seem to find anywhere. Are the measurements right? I've got an 03-04 Thrashers alternate so I need that patch to customize it. I'd like to get it ASAP since I know adding two patches to the jersey is going to up the customization cost so I'll be sending it to EPS for the spring sale along with my Fisherman.

Anyone know if this is an original or not? I compared it to a photo of one on a gamer but I still can't tell...it's pretty darn close though.

20160312_195502_zpsiej3begj.jpg

That's an original. Compared it to the one I have and its spot on

That's an original. Compared it to the one I have and its spot on

Unreal!!! Thanks man!

Just checked mine again and yeah the writing is different from the one you have.

Sorry it was close. I should have double checked mine before I responded.

Comparing the two, there's a lot of differences, including the texture of the twill, the sloppiness of the embroidery on The Dude's, different font, letters connecting in different places, and the NJ on The Dude's is misshapen.

Or as said before, nope, not an original.

Ah well...I'll use it until I find an original. Which will probably be never...lol.

Ah well...I'll use it until I find an original. Which will probably be never...lol.

For that purpose, it's perfect. And probably what a lot of guys on this board have done or will do.

Ok, so it's not an original, but what is it? Did they even make reproductions of that other than those s***ty dorholt ones?

Picked up what appears to be an original Flyers 25th anniversary patch. Compared it to a few gamers online (not a whole lot out there) and it looks very close. Guy I got it from said that he worked on the training staff for the Hartford Whalers in 1992 and said that the Flyers gave it to him. Who knows. Looks good enough to me. It has some frayed threads, but I think I can clean them up a bit. Eh, for 10 bucks I'm good with it.

CEpjeUN.jpg

G31zoPL.jpg

Making up that story to support the $10 sale of a patch seems unlikely, guy was probably being truthful.