The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice Flyers patch. I'm hoping to find one of those myself some day.

Making up that story to support the $10 sale of a patch seems unlikely, guy was probably being truthful.

I agree. The guy has a ton of other vintage stuff from the Whalers, Caps, and Devils so I have no real reason not to believe him. He could have said it was a repro and I would have bought it anyway. Regardless, it looks genuine and I'm psyched to pair it with my NHL 75th patch that I got from that guy from Florida :D

Very nice Flyers patch. I'm hoping to find one of those myself some day.

Thanks! It came up out of the blue and I jumped on it. The guy might have some more. You might try sending him a msg through eBay. Seller's name is "10college".

http://smile.amazon.com/Atlanta-Thrashers-Memorial-Patch-2003-04/dp/B00B8BSQLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457756767&sr=8-1&keywords=dan+snyder+memorial+patch

That's the only Snyder memorial patch I can seem to find anywhere. Are the measurements right? I've got an 03-04 Thrashers alternate so I need that patch to customize it. I'd like to get it ASAP since I know adding two patches to the jersey is going to up the customization cost so I'll be sending it to EPS for the spring sale along with my Fisherman.

Anyone?

For those of you that bought the NHL 75th anniversary patches from that dude in Florida, are these good to go right out of the box? They seem a little stiff and there's some kind of rough glue on the back. Just wondering if there's any prep to do beforehand or just press and sew?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/iscAAOSwAKxWX-No/s-l1600.jpg

Edited by jsh139

Yeah I just put them right on. I kinda prefer patches that sit in that area to have a but of rigidity to them anyway, that way they don't fold or crease when I'm wearing them.

On Dana Heinze's twitter, he has pictures of a Pittsburgh bicentennial patch the Pens are wearing tonight. I want one

That's a ###### nice jersey with the patch.

Yeah. I need to find one of those patches.

Hey guys. I just got my hands on one of these today...but I need a couple more. Anyone have any spares? Thanks.

20160317_214157-1_zpsbeilwjcg.jpg

Nice patch by the Pens, but kinda funny considering they wore the 250 patch 9 years ago for the city's anniversary.

I just went and looked this up, so Pittsburgh was founded in 1758 (so the 250 patch was worn in 2008). But this patch actually celebrates the 200th anniversary of Pittsburgh being a "city."

Makes you wonder where the anniversary patches for it being a "township" and a "borough" are...

Does anybody here have an original devils 10th anniversary patch that they would be able to scan for me? I need a really accurate depiction of one, and the photos I have aren't going to cut it.

Or at the very least, some precise measurements would be great. Both would be awesome.

Edited by JoeM7392

I hit a complete dead end on Toyota sponsor patches for my two moose. The company that did them told me they have them, but they won't sell to my because they won't deal with the public. The guy was a .

You're not going to find an economical way to get just one or two, and I doubt you could make your money back selling something like an AHL sponsor patch.

I'm actually trying to find out now if a place will even touch a brand or logo on a custom job, not sure how gun shy they are with copyright/trademark stuff.

So, um, I may have figured out a way to get really accurate reproductions of the devils 10th anniversary patches. I'm working with someone right now on it. I think I'm going to have probably 14 or 15 available, not sure what they'll cost yet but it won't be a ton.

I'll post updates here through the process. I'm done waiting for original ones, so I'm going with the next best thing.

So, um, I may have figured out a way to get really accurate reproductions of the devils 10th anniversary patches. I'm working with someone right now on it. I think I'm going to have probably 14 or 15 available, not sure what they'll cost yet but it won't be a ton.

I'll post updates here through the process. I'm done waiting for original ones, so I'm going with the next best thing.

It may go without saying, but I'm in for 2 if you get them!

Could use 1 or 4 myself...keep us posted!

Would be interested in a couple of those 10th patches as well