The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

I'm actually liking the first one you posted better than the second. But my eye for details is not as good as yours typically is.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys. Ended up going with the NHLfanatic one. I got the rest of the patches from him and that one looked good enough for me that I couldn't find a difference.

Thanks guys. Ended up going with the NHLfanatic one. I got the rest of the patches from him and that one looked good enough for me that I couldn't find a difference.

Been using him for my team and flag patches, they're accurate. I think you did well.

If only you had a friend who had an authentic 2000 ASG delivered to him 10 minutes ago.

Oh wait, you do!

Snap!

20160401_104328_resized_zpsysx52mdg.jpg

Does anyone know if this is original?

The lettering is off. Pretty sure that's not an original.

Thanks. I was hoping someone here would have a use for it ... if it had turned out good

Well, actually it's not bad at all- I had to take a pretty close look at it. I'm sure it could still be of some use to someone! :)

It's certainly available

Hey fellas...I'm looking to buy a couple 1999 SC finals patches. There are ones with orange star burst and red star burst. Did they do this to separate the teams? Seems Buffalo had orange and Dallas had red? Is this correct?

Hey fellas...I'm looking to buy a couple 1999 SC finals patches. There are ones with orange star burst and red star burst. Did they do this to separate the teams? Seems Buffalo had orange and Dallas had red? Is this correct?

I asked about the same patch on the previous page. LAK74 provided a detailed explanation of the patch, including the differences between the authentic patch and the repros being sold. Both teams wore the same color patch.

Here is a game worn Sabres jersey from the 1998-1999 Stanley Cup final.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1998_99_Rhett_Warrener_Buffalo_Sabres_Stanley_Cup_Finals_Game_Worn_Jersey_1999_Stanley_Cup_Finals_Team_Letter-9903-219.html

Edited by modano1973

After that detailed SC99 description by LAK74, I for one, had to get the seam ripper out and pluck out a TM and an R symbol.

Sorry if I am affecting your life in a negative way. :P

Ah yes, it's always bitter sweet when I've gotta go to the drawer for the seam ripper....

But yes thank you for the #### you put me through! Almost daily!! :)

Does anyone know what time frame and brands of jerseys that the blue red and white NHL player tag appears on?

I have seen it on CCM, Nike, Pro Player, and Starter authentics, has anyone ever seen it on a Koho or RBK?

The predominant date range I've noticed is mostly 92-99, but does anyone have any other examples of jerseys outside of the date range and brands I've mentioned?

thanks

I don't know when it stopped being used, but it definitely appeared on jerseys past the year 2000. I have a few Kohos with the tag, and those jersey styles did not debut until 2002.

Ok, I saw the tag on Dudes' 92-93 Kings $88 special, but haven't noticed it earlier. Koho was pretty much the only one I was unsure of so thank you again for your help on that!

Just out of curiosity, can you post a link to The_Dude's Kings jersey?

I always wondered about this god awful looking tag myself. They even put it on replicas. Ive seen it on all brands too. I have it on a few jerseys...hate it!

20160229_215142-1_zpsxue46eer.jpg

20160229_215010-1_zpskjeastaq.jpg

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

Those were put on by the customizer, maybe it was to show they were a certified shop using certified kits. Beats me.

Back when the Leafs wore Nike they actually had that patch on the game jerseys except it wasn't a patch it was screen printed right to the jersey.

Right- Wings and Hawks did too, on their 1998 jerseys. I don't recall ever seeing it on jerseys prior to that, so it makes me wonder whether Dude's Kings jersey had it applied way after the jersey was manufactured.

Does anybody know if the Pittsburgh City Bicentennial patches that the Penals have worn on March 17 are or will be available somewhere?