The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know where these Blackhawks All Star Game shoulder patches come from? I'm assuming the Icehogs use the same ones.

s-l1600.jpg

The only one I can seem to find are by National Emblem, but they have a white outline instead of black. Material also looks a little different...

51Mpg9rE0AL.jpg

I have never seen those specific patches available for retail sale. JerseyBaron is the only one I know of who could get them, but of course you could only get a patch if you bought an ASG jersey from him.  He got them through his connections at Reebok.

Just out of curiosity, which year ASG are you trying to get the patch for?  (There might be subtle variations between patches from different recent ASG’s.)  I gave up finding an original, so for a 2012 Hossa ASG jersey I just got some black fabric paint, and painted over the white area.  Without doing that, the white border sticks out like a sore thumb on a dark blue jersey.

10 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I have never seen those specific patches available for retail sale. JerseyBaron is the only one I know of who could get them, but of course you could only get a patch if you bought an ASG jersey from him.  He got them through his connections at Reebok.

Just out of curiosity, which year ASG are you trying to get the patch for?  (There might be subtle variations between patches from different recent ASG’s.)  I gave up finding an original, so for a 2012 Hossa ASG jersey I just got some black fabric paint, and painted over the white area.  Without doing that, the white border sticks out like a sore thumb on a dark blue jersey.

2012 for a Hossa as well.

Are you sure about JB? The Blackhawks ASG jerseys he's selling use the white bordered ones.

For example: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302221908953

Edited by Gewargis

You’re looking at the older ASG’s, before JB could get the official patches.  If you look at the later ASG jerseys he sells, you can see the black-bordered patch.  In fact, it looks like the picture you posted came from one of JB’s white ASG jerseys.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOEWS-2017-NHL-ALL-STAR-GAME-CENTRAL-DIVISION-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-JERSEY-/302266162496?var=&hash=item8bf4dca706

Edited by LAK74

Gewargis, just fyi this is the game patch for the 2011 (and I think) the 2012 ASG’s:

CHI_ASG2011

The embroidered lines are a bit thicker everywhere (especially as seen on the veins of the gold/blue feather), and there may be a difference in the slope of the top of the head, when compared to the patch used in later games (2016-on).

It will be interesting to hear what he says.  I figured with the popularity of the Hawks he either ran out of patches (because he only had a limited amount of them) or won’t want to give them up so he’ll have a better chance of selling his remaining stock of blanks.

21 hours ago, LAK74 said:

It will be interesting to hear what he says.  I figured with the popularity of the Hawks he either ran out of patches (because he only had a limited amount of them) or won’t want to give them up so he’ll have a better chance of selling his remaining stock of blanks.

I just bought a few jerseys from him and he was able to give (sell) me 1 for each jersey and a couple extra for future ASG jerseys.

That’s great!   He must have a lot more left than I thought, lol.

I don't think I'm ever going to find a 2009 Memorial Cup patch. My eBay search filter has hit in a few years.

Does anyone know of any sellers for that type of patch or should I just try and get it custom made?

Need an NCHC patch, as shown below. The Sioux Shop has them, but their cheapest shipping option to Canada is over $40 US and I'm not paying that for a $7 US patch. If anyone can help, please let me know.

tpFkOHT.jpg

4 hours ago, Van67 said:

Need an NCHC patch, as shown below. The Sioux Shop has them, but their cheapest shipping option to Canada is over $40 US and I'm not paying that for a $7 US patch. If anyone can help, please let me know.

How much is shipping to the US? If you need a US middle man, pm me, I’ll do it. 

5 hours ago, Gewargis said:

WTF $40!? They must have no idea how shipping works.

You would think for a patch they could just put it in a small envelope and mail it through normal mail service for like $2.00 or whatever a small envelope costs these days....

2 minutes ago, KB67 said:

You would think for a patch they could just put it in a small envelope and mail it through normal mail service for like $2.00 or whatever a small envelope costs these days....

A retailer? Charge what shipping actually costs?? Surely you jest...

Just now, mfitz804 said:

A retailer? Charge what shipping actually costs?? Surely you jest...

You’re right...what was I thinking??

On 8/20/2018 at 3:16 PM, LAK74 said:

That’s great!   He must have a lot more left than I thought, lol.

Hey @LAK74,

Would you say the black boarder patch is bigger than the white?

The ones I got from JB are definitely bigger than the white one that came on the Kane 2011 I got from him.

Edited by Gewargis

I haven’t seen either one of those patches in person, so I can’t say for sure.  In general though, recent ASG game patches tend to be bigger than the team patches sold by National Emblem, so if the one on the Kane is from NE then I’m not surprised the black-bordered one is bigger.

17 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I haven’t seen either one of those patches in person, so I can’t say for sure.  In general though, recent ASG game patches tend to be bigger than the team patches sold by National Emblem, so if the one on the Kane is from NE then I’m not surprised the black-bordered one is bigger.

Cool, thanks for your input.

On 8/24/2018 at 8:21 PM, LAK74 said:

I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, but I just compared the JB patches to the Icehogs shoulder patches, and they match 100%. I can only assume that the ASG patches would be the same as the Icehogs since Reebok was the manufacturer. 

So did the ones from JB have the thinner lines on the feathers, and is the top of the head rounder and less bumpy than the one in the pic I posted here?  

Just curious.

14 hours ago, LAK74 said:

So did the ones from JB have the thinner lines on the feathers, and is the top of the head rounder and less bumpy than the one in the pic I posted here?  

Just curious.

Ok, so the Edge 2.0 Reebok vector had thicker veins (hehehe), but the patch was the same size. The CCM 7287 was exactly the same. The Edge 1 patches were a little smaller and made from a different material. And the Edge 1 ASG  Havlat from 2007 I have was totally different from the Icehogs Edge 1.0. I didn't notice any differences in the forehead though.