The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Were the proper on-ice Stars 25th anniversary patches ever sold to the public? I bought a couple of NEs but I’ve been informed that the embroidered patches aren’t correct. 

I'll leave this here, claims to be original, and he has a 75th original listed too so maybe it is in fact an OG Canucks Place patch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-VANCOUVER-CANUCKS-CANUCK-PLACE-PATCH-ORIGINAL-VERSION/123370572441?hash=item1cb9758a99%3Ag%3AUckAAOSwmZJbnDR-&LH_BIN=1

On 9/6/2018 at 9:39 PM, forzzaazzurri said:

The amount of money you're gonna pay for all three to be original, or the decades it will take you to find all 3 loose, you will be better off finding a gamer for $1000 and stripping it.

This isn't an exaggeration, either.  I've been looking for a Badger Bob patch for almost exactly 10 years to put on my home jersey.  Still nothing.  I'm willing to pay a crap load for it, and no one even has one available for me to throw money at.

There's a guy I work with that I think has one, though.  He wore his jersey to work a year or two ago and I did a freakin' quadruple-take as he walked by, but I never saw him again to verify.  He's also never worn it again since.  Might be my only chance if I ever have the opportunity to ask him about it without sounding like a crazy person.   LOL

I have found this, which is one of the best repros I've seen, at least when it comes to matching the font on the authentic...but it's a little bit smaller than an actual original patch, and the color is a little off.  BUT, if you don't have a better option, it might be a pretty good replacement if you never find a real one.  That's what I plan on using until/if I do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburgh-Penguins-Iron-On-Patch-4-x-2/223113514890?hash=item33f29a0f8a:g:IxcAAOSwyohbffnV

43793942425_9047edf568_k.jpg 44654374592_372e7eba6e_k.jpg

I've been extremely lucky finding a few original 25th patches and cup patches, but boy does Badger elude me.  So disappointing.  

39 minutes ago, blurryhaze312 said:

There's a guy I work with that I think has one, though.  He wore his jersey to work a year or two ago and I did a freakin' quadruple-take as he walked by, but I never saw him again to verify.  He's also never worn it again since.  Might be my only chance if I ever have the opportunity to ask him about it without sounding like a crazy person.   LOL 

“Remember that Penguins Jersey you wore one time two years ago?” 

You’ll either get the patch or a nice restraining order. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:49 PM, DickensofDetroit said:

Looking for a 2015 Hockey Hall of Fame game patch. Anyone know where I might be able to find one? Any leads would be greatly appreciated. 

I believe they stopped selling them at the games several years ago. So now the only way to get them is through Game Worn/Issued jerseys.

43 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

I believe they stopped selling them at the games several years ago. So now the only way to get them is through Game Worn/Issued jerseys.

Bummer. I was worried this might be the case, but hoped to find a random stray in the wild. Thanks

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

42 minutes ago, DickensofDetroit said:

Bummer. I was worried this might be the case, but hoped to find a random stray in the wild. Thanks

Yeah, those HHOF game patches are weird.  Sometimes the Hall of fame store would have them online and sometimes they wouldn't.  I remember the 2009, 2010, and 2014 ones being easily available but other than that they are impossible.  There are good re-po's of the 99, 01, 02, 03, 05, and 06 out there but after 2014 I've never seen them available.

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Yeah, those HHOF game patches are weird.  Sometimes the Hall of fame store would have them online and sometimes they wouldn't.  I remember the 2009, 2010, and 2014 ones being easily available but other than that they are impossible.  There are good re-po's of the 99, 01, 02, 03, 05, and 06 out there but after 2014 I've never seen them available.

This has been my experience as well—I’ve seen a number of 2014 patches available. I was really hoping to add a ‘15 patch to a Larkin TI rookie jersey. I guess that’s how it goes sometimes. 

Edited by DickensofDetroit

I am looking to get that patch reproduced, as I was at that game and have a Leafs Komarov that I would like to put it on.

It is something that I am not actively looking into as I have some other projects going on, but am looking into it for the future

On 9/21/2018 at 10:22 AM, HockeyMusic said:

I am looking to get that patch reproduced, as I was at that game and have a Leafs Komarov that I would like to put it on.

It is something that I am not actively looking into as I have some other projects going on, but am looking into it for the future

What’s the best place to go to get something like this reproduced? 

• 2 weeks later...

Need help with a 1988 NHL All star patch

Seller claims it is original.  I can't see much variance between the game worn example

Here is the seller's patch

88AS-F88AS-B88AS-CloseB

Here are game worn examples

88AS-GW188AS-GW2

Opinions?

Edited by HockeyMusic

5 hours ago, furiousd said:

If it's not original, it's an outstanding repro.

That is what I thought but I wanted to get a few more eyes for detail on it.

Just now, HockeyMusic said:

That is what I thought but I wanted to get a few more eyes for detail on it.

Always a good idea.