The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

32 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

That is new, because when I checked his other items, there were only 12 listed and it was not there.

Now there are 14 items total and the 2000 and 2001 patches are there.

...and now I find out he does not ship to Canada (I have bought from him before)

I'm happy to be the go-between if you need one and the added shipping is worth it. PM me. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey @vadarx, @mdwsta4, @AParrotLooksAt40, and @TheKevinShow,

Since there's a 2 limit patch person, I will do my best to try to get all of you at least 1 patch. I will be going to the game with my little bro on the 18th, so I should be able to get at least 4 total. No guarantees if I can get anymore than that though, but I'll see what I can do. I believe someone said that you can call the UC and they'll ship them out. You also might want to try CSL to see if they have any. I would imagine they might have some since they're the official customizer.

If you guys change your minds before the 18th, please shoot me a pm.

2 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Since there's a 2 limit patch person, I will do my best to try to get all of you at least 1 patch. I will be going to the game with my little bro on the 18th, so I should be able to get at least 4 total. No guarantees if I can get anymore than that though, but I'll see what I can do. I believe someone said that you can call the UC and they'll ship them out. You also might want to try CSL to see if they have any. I would imagine they might have some since they're the official customizer.

I'll just order one, then. I'll call the team store and see what they say for any more.

9 hours ago, Gewargis said:

If you can figure out a way to scam the system, I would love to get at least one as well.  But understand you have others to worry about first.

10 hours ago, Gewargis said:

Will do. Appreciate the extra leg work on my behalf!

12 hours ago, Gewargis said:

Thanks dude! I'd have to think going to the store more than once would be possible, but who knows. I did hear that Hawksquarters is selling the patches as well, but charges $15 for shipping so that's automatically a no-go.

Wish I wasn't in CA on the 28th as I'd love to go to that game. Did you see the retro shirts they're giving away!?!?

27 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thanks dude! I'd have to think going to the store more than once would be possible, but who knows. I did hear that Hawksquarters is selling the patches as well, but charges $15 for shipping so that's automatically a no-go.

Wish I wasn't in CA on the 28th as I'd love to go to that game. Did you see the retro shirts they're giving away!?!?

I just saw them... they're pretty sick! Hopefully one will end up on ebay.

23 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm happy to be the go-between if you need one and the added shipping is worth it. PM me. 

Thanks for the offer, but I dealt with him off eBay and picked up the 2001 SCF patch and the 1991 All Star patch as that looked original too.

He has listed a few other patches for those interested.

17 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Thanks for the offer, but I dealt with him off eBay and picked up the 2001 SCF patch and the 1991 All Star patch as that looked original too.

He has listed a few other patches for those interested.

Anytime. I was probably going to wind up ordering more for myself (that I wouldn't need), so thanks for saving me a couple bucks!!

32 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

The 1991 ASG patch wasn't bad at all, but it didn't look original to me, particularly the details in the Native American face.

17 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The 1991 ASG patch wasn't bad at all, but it didn't look original to me, particularly the details in the Native American face.

Yeah, it's not an original, but it is pretty close. The face is actually pretty dang close, but the letters are kinda off. It's definitely not a bad repro. Speaking of which, if  anyone has an original, I am looking for one!

Anyways, repro on top, gamer on bottom:

s-l500.jpg14068.jpg

Edited by Gewargis

14 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Yeah, it's not an original, but it is pretty close. The face is actually pretty dang close, but the letters are kinda off. It's definitely not a bad repro.

The eBay seller's patch is actually more off than the repro you posted, haha.

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

Really?  , so how does this one look???

I thought I didn't already have an original, but from the looks of it I did....

Thoughts??

Looks like the real deal to me.

Did you get that from the ice_hockey_patches guy?

Edited by Gewargis

24 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Really? That image is from his auction. We're talking about ice_hockey_patches, right?

Nope, the patch in question is from another seller, mpzmpzmpz.

43 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Really?  , so how does this one look???

I thought I didn't already have an original, but from the looks of it I did....

Thoughts??

I think it looks good, too.

32 minutes ago, Gewargis said:

Looks like the real deal to me.

Did you get that from the ice_hockey_patches guy?

bloody hell....ah well...i didn't pay too much for the patch I got now

@LAK74 is correct, the patch in question is from seller mpzmpzmpz

The patch I have in the photos I posted I purchased eons ago.  For some reason I didn't think it was original.

ice_hockey_patches sells reproductions, it was not from them for sure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-1991-ALL-STAR-GAME-JERSEY-PATCH-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS/392071346968?epid=1804021670&hash=item5b4945fb18:g:bCEAAOxyyF5RRmjP

Isn't this one wrong?

It says 4 in diameter and I believe that is too small

I bought one and Mike added it to one of my jerseys which I later took it off because it looked goofy being so small.

Edited by Hockey Bob

Yes, it's wrong.  Your link is to the icehockeypatches one, and all his older style patches are repros, so it wouldn't be surprising that the size is off.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:02 PM, Gewargis said:

sounds good. I'll definitely take whatever you can get. I'll check in with the Store as well and see if can get em that way if you aren't able to.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:55 PM, spudrock512 said:

Appearently you can only get two person. So, if anyone can help me get two of them, it wou be greatly appreciated! 

(The Stan Mikita 21 patch)

@Hawks2797 @spudrock512 I got you guys. There's doesn't seem to be a limit. This will be my last stop at the store, sorry to anyone else. I will be back in town on Monday, so I'll be to ship them out on Tuesday.