The Patch Thread 2.0

pastadutchie

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t need one but I wanted to say that this is one of those cases where the replica is definitely better looking than the original. I guess embroidery tech has improved over years because some of those 90’s/00’s era patches were super sloppy. 

Funny enough, the initial version i had made looked ‘too good’. I had them make the shield look worse on purpose so it was closer to the original. I agree, how sloppy some of the old patches were is pretty crazy. 

PM’s replied. I’m looking at $12-15 for the patches. If I sell what I have, I’ll basically recoup my costs of having them created. Not trying to make money, and i know how difficult the patches are to find, so I figured it’s a good way to give back to the community 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know where to find one of those patches worn during the 97 all star game in San Jose? Or does anyone know of a place that could make those? I have never seen one for sale, not even reproductions. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

MkK1qhR.jpg

A few years ago someone on here had a bunch of reproduction New Jersey Devils 10th anniversary patches made up. 
I bought a few of them and tucked them away someplace really important so I wouldn't lose them when I wanted to get a Christmas tree jersey done up. 
The time has come and I tore my house apart trying to find them.... no dice - I'm really good at hiding stuff from myself. 
Does anyone have one or two they're not using that they'd be willing to part with? 
Thanks 

7 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

A few years ago someone on here had a bunch of reproduction New Jersey Devils 10th anniversary patches made up. 
I bought a few of them and tucked them away someplace really important so I wouldn't lose them when I wanted to get a Christmas tree jersey done up. 
The time has come and I tore my house apart trying to find them.... no dice - I'm really good at hiding stuff from myself. 
Does anyone have one or two they're not using that they'd be willing to part with? 
Thanks 

I believe I have a couple, I’ll check my stock when I get to the office later. I have never found the appropriate jerseys and don’t think I have ever seen one in a 56 anyway, so if I have them, I’ll let you know. 

11 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Thanks 

It was @JoeM7392 but I haven't seen him on here in quite some time.

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I believe I have a couple, I’ll check my stock when I get to the office later. I have never found the appropriate jerseys and don’t think I have ever seen one in a 56 anyway, so if I have them, I’ll let you know. 

Fitz hopefully coming through in a clutch situation! I'm rooting for ya buddy! :D

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

It was @JoeM7392 but I haven't seen him on here in quite some time.

That's who I thought it was but a quick search of the threads I couldn't find it.
Thank you sir, if Fitz comes up dry I will reach out to him.

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Fitz hopefully coming through in a clutch situation! I'm rooting for ya buddy! :D

That's who I thought it was but a quick search of the threads I couldn't find it.
Thank you sir, if Fitz comes up dry I will reach out to him.

I will be in my office within the hour, I’ll let you know.

Joe is a good dude who I used to talk to a lot, After he stopped coming here I kept in touch for a little while, but eventually he stopped responding. If anyone talks to him, tell him I hope he’s OK.

1. What is the story of these patches. This photo is supposedly of a game-worn jersey, but I can't find photo evidence the Sharks wore these patches. (Appears that this jersey's owner added the patch.)

2. Does anyone have one available if it's not a foul to put one on a jersey?

ccX3C6q.jpg

I believe the story goes something like the Sharks were supposed to host the 95 ASG but with the shortened season that year the game was cancelled so they didn't actually end up wearing the patch in games in the 94-95 season.  I think maybe a set of jerseys was produced with the patch on them but never used, or the patch was probably stripped off before use.  Perhaps someone can fill in the blanks because there could be more to the story than what I've suggested.

Edited by JJM4

For the most part that is correct. The last set of jerseys from the 93-94 jerseys were going to be recycled and used for the first set of the 94-95 season. So those jerseys had the patch applied. Of course the strike happened at the start of the 94-95 season and the all-star game was cancelled. The Sharks just ended up getting all new set 1 jerseys once the season started. Since they didn’t get to host the all star game, the NHL awarded them the 1997 all star game.

7 hours ago, Van67 said:

1. What is the story of these patches. This photo is supposedly of a game-worn jersey, but I can't find photo evidence the Sharks wore these patches. (Appears that this jersey's owner added the patch.)

2. Does anyone have one available if it's not a foul to put one on a jersey?

ccX3C6q.jpg

For one, that's my photo. For two, I take offense at the assumption that I added the patch. Why would an individual add a patch that was never worn in a game to a game-worn jersey? That would hurt the value of the jersey itself.

Spudrock is 100% correct. The jersey above had light but visible wear from the playoffs that was able to be photomatched to a couple trading cards the next season. In addition to the playoff jerseys for returning players, there were also mint GI made up for new players who were not on the team during the previous year.

No need to take offence. None was intended. Simply was not aware of the story behind the patches on the jerseys. Appreciate the information. 

The other assumption I will make is that there is next to zero chance I could find an original 95 ASG patch...hope I'm wrong! Are the few repros out there close enough to pass? 

Edited by Van67

A quick eBay (1995 All-star game patch) search shows about a 1/2 dozen of these type of patches available.  I don't really know if they are original, but several look pretty close to the patch pictured above IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Checking to see if anyone happens to have an authentic Blackhawks WWW patch.  A close reproduction (I know about Patch Colelcitons and Ice_Jersey_Patches on eBay) would work too.  Here is what I need:

2007-08 Craig Adams Chicago Blackhawks Game Worn Jersey - "WWW" - Photo Match -Team Letter

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for an authentic Modano Retirement Night Patch. The ones from National Emblem have a white edge on them, while the ones on the jersey they wore that night did not. Anyone know where I can source an original?

Stars Modano Patch

Here is the Repro from National Emblem:

Star Modano Patch

Edited by KB67

On 12/13/2019 at 1:23 PM, spudrock512 said:

Checking to see if anyone happens to have an authentic Blackhawks WWW patch.  A close reproduction (I know about Patch Colelcitons and Ice_Jersey_Patches on eBay) would work too.  Here is what I need:

2007-08 Craig Adams Chicago Blackhawks Game Worn Jersey - "WWW" - Photo Match -Team Letter

This looking for one of these, but I am also looking for a 1991 Blackhawks All-Star Patch as well.  Quality reproductions on both are fine.

1990-91 Dirk Graham Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey Patch

I think way back in the day, there was always concerns over Patch Collection. I know he has a ton of Repros, however I assume his packaged ones are good to go?

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

I think way back in the day, there was always concerns over Patch Collection. I know he has a ton of Repros, however I assume his packaged ones are good to go?

I've bought packaged patches from there with no issues. Too weary to buy the repros.

22 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I've bought packaged patches from there with no issues. Too weary to buy the repros.

Kk perfect. Thanks.

On 12/28/2019 at 3:20 AM, Van67 said:

My semi-annual search for a set of IIHF Warsteiner patches. I do see there are repros on eBay right now, but they're not the best repros either. 

TYYwr7S.jpg

Where did you find the repros?

I have saved searches for these.  Looking for two to make this guy....

https://classicauctions.net/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=141324