Gettin' the stank out

My girlfriend recently revealed to me that she's got an authentic MA Fleury sweater sitting in her closet, and was thinking about selling it since it doesn't fit anymore.

The problem is that she lives with her folks, and her mom's a smoker. And it's everywhere.

How hard is it to get the cigarette stink out of a jersey? What's the best way to go about this?

I TOLD her she should just set it on fire, but noooooo

Maybe let it soak in a perfume based soap and then just wash with cold water a few times at the end .But then take it away from the STANK or it will just get smelly again GOOD LUCK

I bought a 96 all star jersey off kijiji once that absolutly reaked of cigarette smoke. I washed it about five times and hung it out to dry outside. Once it was completely dry I ran it in the dryer for 10 minutes with a bunch of dryer sheets. Smell was gone after that.

Maybe let it soak in a perfume based soap and then just wash with cold water a few times at the end .But then take it away from the STANK or it will just get smelly again GOOD LUCK

Yeah, the plan is to keep it at my place to avoid re-stanking until she sells it. Ugh, a Pens jersey in my closet.

I'm not sure if it works with smoke, but to get smells out of jerseys I would try spraying febreze on both sides and wash inside out.