Official Stanley Cup Thread

We all know the Sens are in it and depending on tonight's game- it could be the Ducks. Personally I think the Sens are playing well enough to beat anyone coming out of the West. Either way, it should be a great series. Let's get it on!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know the Sens are in it and depending on tonight's game- it could be the Ducks. Personally I think the Sens are playing well enough to beat anyone coming out of the West. Either way, it should be a great series. Let's get it on!

I believe the Sens have the talent and the chemistry to go the distance.

That being said i am still not a believer.

I think the team to beat is Anaheim; who have yet to play a complete game.

I think they have a better goalie, a stronger defense and fowards who match up well with the Sens.

The Sens have yet to play a team in the playoffs who are as physical as the Ducks.

If the Wings advance my heart wlll emain in Canada

I believe the Sens have the talent and the chemistry to go the distance.

That being said i am still not a believer.

I think the team to beat is Anaheim; who have yet to play a complete game.

I think they have a better goalie, a stronger defense and fowards who match up well with the Sens.

The Sens have yet to play a team in the playoffs who are as physical as the Ducks.

If the Wings advance my heart wlll emain in Canada

I agree, if the Wings do advance I'm gonna be pulling for the Sens all the way. Me personally, I have really enjoyed watching Anaheim play this season, but have been surprised by their performance against the Wings. With as hot as the Sens have been, I think they could definitely go all the way, but with that being said, Anaheim has been finding ways to win against the Wings. I think it will go seven if its Ana-Ott.

I'm going with Ottawa no matter what. Frankly, I've never liked Anaheim...mostly due to the whole Disney thing...and I still don't like them now. I'd love to see Detroit knock them off in 7. I really think it's Ottawa's year though.

I'm going with Ottawa no matter what. Frankly, I've never liked Anaheim...mostly due to the whole Disney thing...and I still don't like them now. I'd love to see Detroit knock them off in 7. I really think it's Ottawa's year though.

I agree entirely. I'll have a tougher time committing to Ottawa if Detroit pulls it out, because I do really like a few guys on the 'Wings, but Ottawa's just a blast to watch right now and I like a lot of their guys too. Moreover, I just caught wind of this story, and it's enough to make anyone root for the Sens:

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...fe4&k=20956

Pictures of the boy - http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/galleries/0520elgin.html

Worth reading every word. Heartbreaking.

The Ottawa Sens are the Indianapolis Colts of the NHL...

Maybe if Peyton won Alfie will get his ring.

Though i do feel that Selanne CANNOT go down as the Charles Barkley,Clyde Drexler,KArl MAlone or PAt Ewing of the NHL..he deserves a ring.

The Sens will have there day im sure..i just dont want it this yr.

LET'S GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. LET'S GO DUCKS!!!!

Giguere or Selanne for Conn Smythe.

In my heart- its saying Ducks- I have really enjoyed watching them play all season. My head tells me the sens, they have been the best team in the second half of the year and have smoked everyone in the playoffs so far. Which will win- heart or head- I ain't saying just quite yet!

In my heart- its saying Ducks- I have really enjoyed watching them play all season. My head tells me the sens, they have been the best team in the second half of the year and have smoked everyone in the playoffs so far. Which will win- heart or head- I ain't saying just quite yet!

As much as i love the Ducks,Pronger, Scot& Rob, Jigg et. all i think the Conn Smythe will go to Alfie.

Hes been a bigger impact player all playoffs for the Sens than any single Duck has been.

Cant wait to see The Pauhlsson, Moen, Neidermeyer line go up against, Heater,Spezza and Alfie

I like Anaheim with their physical presence to beat Ottawa. If it was Detroit I would go with Ottawa since they are a better match up for the sens.

Although I appreciate them for knocking the RedWings out, I just can't root for the Ducks, even though it would be nice to finally see a team on the west coast win it., Well, it's not my team that's in, so screw it, go Sens.

After much contemplation I am going Ducks simply to see TS win his first Cup. Nothing against the Sens on this though they are an awesome team....

The Sens are taking advantage of Anaheim's mistakes. The Ducks can't take stupid penalties like that one by Getzlaf.

What a Game 1, the Ducks seemed to wait to the 3rd before they turned it on though. If the rest of the series is gonna be like this, this will be a fun one to watch.

The Ducks definitely kicked some butt in the third. That was a good game to watch. The last two-three minutes were especially exciting. Too bad Ottawa couldn't have scored at least one goal on their 5-on-3. Great penalty killing by the Ducks during that. Rob Niedermayer really impressed me overall as I saw him banging away at everyone.

The Ducks will beat up on the Sens throughout the series.

It was obvious after the first that they cannot match up physically.

Emery played great..but i bet he wish he had that Getzlaf goal back.

The Ducks will beat up on the Sens throughout the series.

It was obvious after the first that they cannot match up physically.

Emery played great..but i bet he wish he had that Getzlaf goal back.

If the Sens keep getting powerplay chances they will be competitive in this thing. I think this will be a great series.

Another great game. Ottawa turned up the physical aspect of their game. Looking forward to the next game and the rest of the series.

Another one I missed except for bits and pieces. I was surprised that it was still 0-0 for the majority of the game. I have really noticed Rob Niedermayer, he's been like a pinball out there this series so far.

Unfortunately summertime activites are preventing me from watching a lot of it. From the roundups I read, it seems that the Ducks are really putting it to the Sens (despite the closeness of the score)- game 3 is HUGE for this series...