Official Stanley Cup Thread

Seeing Selanne raise the Cup was a great sight. Every year there seems to be one player you just want to see win it, and this was his year.

:thumbsup: Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with the broadcast team, it almost seems like that was his last game... I love watching a longtime veteran win the Cup for the first time...that never gets old.

Great season for the Ducks. They didn't make any big changes to their team during the season and it paid off. They were one of my favorite teams to watch live this season and as much as I wanted to see Ottawa pull it off, the Ducks deserved it. I'm also thrilled I got to see the Stanley Cup champions play live this season! :D Good on them, they did overcome a lot to get there!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ducks were simply the best team and were for a good chunk of the season. They did everything they needed to do to make it to the top. Changing uniforms, logo, arena sponsor, name... :D I don't like it that my team has to play them eight times a year and smack-talking with Duck fans took another turn for the worse.

I say to the Ducks, orange you glad (couldn't help myself) you brought over Pronger and Niedermayer, who now has FOUR rings, and had the foresight to make Getzlaf, Perry, Kunitz, Pahlsson, Beauchemin and Moen everyday players (reminds me of the Devils with Gionta, Gomez, Elias, Madden). They believed in MU and the gamble paid off, I'm happy for him. The Ducks sure wasted no time unveiling their championship banner.

The Senators played like my Coyotes after the All-Star break, flat and undisciplined. A team on the verge of elimination has no excuse to put such an uninspired performance out there. Emery proved that he is average, at best. Their defenders looked lost all night, I expected better of Preissing, Redden and the dee-dee-dee award winner, Phillips. You don't try to carry the puck out of the zone by cutting to the direction of your netminder! Comrie displayed that he is plainly overrated. I feel bad for Saprykin, I liked him and thought he shouldn't have been traded there, but he was a non-factor. Alfie was absent and absent-minded in game 4, but sure picked Getzlaf's pocket last night en route to one of his goals. Spezza was SPAZza all series. Must be something about the #19, ahem. The power play went in the toilet: 4 for 25, or 16% if you will, slightly below average in the regular season, but failed many of times when they could have turned the game around with a power play goal. If I was an Ottawa fan (which I was for the finals), I would be livid with this series. 13 shots on goal in the game that can send you home is unacceptable. One thing I noticed after the Eastern final was over, isn't it bad luck for players to touch the Campbell Trophy? I saw several Senators do so after they knocked out the Sabres. The hockey gods frowned on them! :doh:

ANAHEIM WINS THE CUP!!! TAKE THAT OTTAWA!!!

Let's see: Sabres were behind 3-1 and Ottawa knocked 'em out. Ottawa was behind 3-1 and Anaheim knocked 'em out. Taste of your own medicine, eh Ottawa? :D

The 9 day lay off certainly did not help the Sens

I tend to agree with you on that. The layoff for them particular but for both teams after the Ducks clincher was TOOOOO LOOOONG. However, after the first 2 games, they had no excuse to split at home. The pace of this series was very fast but ultimately very one sided.