ChiTownHawk

Hey everyone,

I have a Reebok Edge (1.0) authentic Blackhawks alternate (the winter classic design but without the patch) that I'm looking to get customized as #7 Seabrook. I've had it since April but finally have some spare cash to do the customization job...

Can I get suggestions of what shops around Chicago do the best customization jobs?? Thanks!

Triple Threat Sports

9850 190th St, Mokena, IL 60448
(708) 478-6090

Sounds like I can't go wrong with Triple Threat?? hahah

Thanks for the suggestions... I'll give them a call on Monday :thumbsup:

I do like their (TTS) work on older jerseys however...they are taking a long time these days (i.e. like EPS-long) and last time I checked they do not have the Edge fabric for the plates newer jerseys. CSL has issues as well (as been discussed in other threads) as well as EPS....all things considered TTS is about the best but you may have to go with airknit material for the plate. All depends on how important that one aspect is to you. Just saying....

Triple Threat Sports is where I send mine, and I'm in New York. They do a great job. They do not, however, have EDGE nameplate material. I'm not the type that requires 110% accuracy, they used air knit nameplates on mine and I am ok with that.

EPS is a good bet, they seem to have a lot of fans. Also, I have sent them a few jerseys that TTS didn't have material for (older Ultrafils, which don't look good without an Ultrafil nameplate) and a 2004 a Eastern Conference all star jersey. In each instance I e-mailed EPS, and they confirmed having the material in stock before I sent them. None have come back yet so I can only speak as to their reputation.

I do like their (TTS) work on older jerseys however...they are taking a long time these days (i.e. like EPS-long) and last time I checked they do not have the Edge fabric for the plates newer jerseys. CSL has issues as well (as been discussed in other threads) as well as EPS....all things considered TTS is about the best but you may have to go with airknit material for the plate. All depends on how important that one aspect is to you. Just saying....

Triple Threat Sports is where I send mine, and I'm in New York. They do a great job. They do not, however, have EDGE nameplate material. I'm not the type that requires 110% accuracy, they used air knit nameplates on mine and I am ok with that.

EPS is a good bet, they seem to have a lot of fans. Also, I have sent them a few jerseys that TTS didn't have material for (older Ultrafils, which don't look good without an Ultrafil nameplate) and a 2004 a Eastern Conference all star jersey. In each instance I e-mailed EPS, and they confirmed having the material in stock before I sent them. None have come back yet so I can only speak as to their reputation.

Hey guys, sorry but I'm new to this board so I don't recognize the acronyms you used.

What are CSL & EPS?

City Sports Lettering and Exclusive Pro Sports.

http://www.citysportslettering.com

http://www.exclusivepro.com

Btw, if you go with Triple Threat and you want Edge mesh for the nameplate, you can buy one from JerseyBaron on eBay and have it sent to TTS. EPS currently stocks most (if not all) colors of Edge material.

City Sports Lettering and Exclusive Pro Sports.

http://www.citysportslettering.com

http://www.exclusivepro.com

Btw, if you go with Triple Threat and you want Edge mesh for the nameplate, you can buy one from JerseyBaron on eBay and have it sent to TTS. EPS currently stocks most (if not all) colors of Edge material.

So if I went with EPS because they have the Edge material, do they do as good of a job on the actual numbering/lettering as TTS??

Does anyone know if CSL has the Edge material?

Last question - does anyone have pictures comparing the Edge material to the airknit?? I wouldn't mind going with TTS if they do a better job and the difference in material isn't too noticeable.

Upper half and lower right part of the jersey in the picture is airknit, lower left is stretch mesh. The difference in hole pattern shows up better when lit from behind, as in 2nd picture.

image_zpsd54743f9.jpg

image_zps68786b4a.jpg

As a general rule, to improve the odds of getting what you want, in addition to pics of what you want (preferably of a gamer), you should specify the nameplate material, fabric of the numbers (usually twill) and type of cut on the numbers (Stacked, Kiss-cut, Semi Kiss-cut) no matter who you decide to use.

There are tons of threads that discuss these.

Good Luck.

• 3 months later...

yeaaa dont use triple threat, im about a mile from them, took 6 weeks to letter a jersey, had to go in and pester them for 2 weeks after the quoted time for them to say its being worked on as we speak. for hawks jerseys go to city sports. they do the letters for the team right now, might even be cheaper if not the same.

yeaaa dont use triple threat, im about a mile from them, took 6 weeks to letter a jersey, had to go in and pester them for 2 weeks after the quoted time for them to say its being worked on as we speak. for hawks jerseys go to city sports. they do the letters for the team right now, might even be cheaper if not the same.

6 weeks isn't long at all! I agree that triple threat sometimes says "it's being worked on right now and will go out soon" and then doesn't, but a 6 week turnaround is absolutely nothing to complain about.