RUSSIAN SUPER LEAGUE JERSEYS

Hey all,

I was just turned onto this site from my friends over @ the GSBB

If anyone has any interest in the Russian Super League Jerseys, heres a great starting point.

http://www.russianjerseys.com/

Villa

Very nice website, I found it once by accident looking for some of the Russian jerseys during the lockout. Never did order anything from them, but have now considering the website has been rebrought to my attention.

• 4 months later...

I'd consider getting a Brad Richards AkBar 04-05 jersey, where he played during the lockout with Vinny among others. Can't even find his number though, and wouldn't know how to spell his name in Cyrillic.

Are those superleage jerseys "authentic" to what they are over there in Europe? 75 bucks plus shipping seems like a good deal for an authentic, even if they aren't tackle twill stitched over there.

I'd consider getting a Brad Richards AkBar 04-05 jersey, where he played during the lockout with Vinny among others. Can't even find his number though, and wouldn't know how to spell his name in Cyrillic.

Are those superleage jerseys "authentic" to what they are over there in Europe? 75 bucks plus shipping seems like a good deal for an authentic, even if they aren't tackle twill stitched over there.

They do a great job. I ordered 2 of my 3 Russian Kovalchuk jerseys from them. As for the customization. All you would have to do is put Richards in the name box and choose Cyrillic as the option and they will put the actual name. I think he wore 39 though, but I will look for visual proof before I say I am positive about that.

I didn't realize Richards was on that team too. So that team had Kovalchuk, Richards, Kovalev, LeCavalier, Heatley, and Datsyuk. I remember they said that AkBar brought in some overseas talent to do all they could to win the RSL title, but got eliminated in the first round. Hard to believe with that offense.

I think Khabibulin was the goalie for that team. I know normally RSL leagues only allow so many foreigners on the team, I wonder if all the Russians counted as foreigners.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=7548

Here is the link to my Kovalchuk jersey that I ordered from these guys. I am really happy with the quality. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

They do a great job. I ordered 2 of my 3 Russian Kovalchuk jerseys from them. As for the customization. All you would have to do is put Richards in the name box and choose Cyrillic as the option and they will put the actual name. I think he wore 39 though, but I will look for visual proof before I say I am positive about that.

I didn't realize Richards was on that team too. So that team had Kovalchuk, Richards, Kovalev, LeCavalier, Heatley, and Datsyuk. I remember they said that AkBar brought in some overseas talent to do all they could to win the RSL title, but got eliminated in the first round. Hard to believe with that offense.

I think Khabibulin was the goalie for that team. I know normally RSL leagues only allow so many foreigners on the team, I wonder if all the Russians counted as foreigners.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=7548

Here is the link to my Kovalchuk jersey that I ordered from these guys. I am really happy with the quality. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

Yeah, Richards was among them on that team. I too was amazed when they got knocked out in the first round with all the skill they brought to the ice. :stickhndl:

I did some research but wasn't even able to find Richards number in print, let alone visual evidence, which I too would want to have before I went and got a jersey. It's nice to see they do the russian conversion for ya, I don't speak anything but english and spanish.

Your 04 jersey is amazing looking. How do they compare to American jerseys? For example, what's the material like in relation to a CCM authentic from a few years ago? The numbers, logo and name is apparently "dye sublimated" whatever that means. Are there fight straps in the RSL? And it seems the sizes they offer are a much broader range than NHL authentics are offered in. What size did you order? For example, I wear a 46 or 50 in CCM / Reebok, anything up to a 52 in edge, what's a good equivalent there? The broken english on the site makes it difficult to understand exactly what they're sellin'.

Anywho, hope your Thrashers have a good night tonight against the Devils. My Bolts handled them nicely in our season opener. This early in the season, it's still ok to be nice to division rivals, right? :thumbsup:

Yeah, Richards was among them on that team. I too was amazed when they got knocked out in the first round with all the skill they brought to the ice. :stickhndl:

I did some research but wasn't even able to find Richards number in print, let alone visual evidence, which I too would want to have before I went and got a jersey. It's nice to see they do the russian conversion for ya, I don't speak anything but english and spanish.

Your 04 jersey is amazing looking. How do they compare to American jerseys? For example, what's the material like in relation to a CCM authentic from a few years ago? The numbers, logo and name is apparently "dye sublimated" whatever that means. Are there fight straps in the RSL? And it seems the sizes they offer are a much broader range than NHL authentics are offered in. What size did you order? For example, I wear a 46 or 50 in CCM / Reebok, anything up to a 52 in edge, what's a good equivalent there? The broken english on the site makes it difficult to understand exactly what they're sellin'.

Anywho, hope your Thrashers have a good night tonight against the Devils. My Bolts handled them nicely in our season opener. This early in the season, it's still ok to be nice to division rivals, right? :thumbsup:

The closest I would say that the RSL jerseys compare to in material is probably the new RBK jerseys. The tag states 100% polyester (thankfully in English). There are no fight straps on authentic Russian jerseys, as they don't wear them in the games over there at all. I wear in the old style a L/48 and ordered a Large for these and they fit a bit snugger but still comfortable. Dye sublimated is weird, it is a way to force the colors into the material, it is almost like they had one piece of material. Nothing is screened on or sewn on. Dye sublimation is the process of directly dying graphics directly into the fabric during the manufacturing process. (That was a copy and paste - I really didn't know either).

AK Bars did try to buy themselves a championship, but one gets the feeling that not all of the players were as fully committed to the program as they could have been.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0023912005.html

From a 58 game season Alexei Kovalev 35 games, Ruslan Salei 35 games, Vincent Lecavalier 30 games, Alexei Zhitnik 23 games, Brad Richards 7 games, Dany Heatley 11 games and Darius Kasparaitis 28 games didn't seem really into it. Sure, some of them may have a season ending injury, but I also suspect that once they got a tweak bad enough to sit out a game, they fled for home like Richards once they realized that they were facing Russian food and Russian health care while rehabilitating and the lure of home was greater than the paycheck.

It would be interesting to see what their lineup was by the time they got to the end of the regular season. Lecavalier, Heatley and Richards didn't total a full season of games and managed just 26 points in 48 games combined, compared to Kovalchuk's 41 points in 53 games by himself.

It's one thing to spend like the Yankees, but it's another to get the players to give a rat's Arse.

That said, it was a gorgeous jersey and I've got a Kovalchuk of my own in my collection, partly as a symbol of the lockout year.

Dye-sublimation is preferable in my opinion to screen printing or heat sealed plastic, which can and will crack and peel over time.

For a look at dye-sublimation up close, click here. http://image59.webshots.com/559/9/64/46/20...52PZyTOm_fs.jpg

AK Bars did try to buy themselves a championship, but one gets the feeling that not all of the players were as fully committed to the program as they could have been.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0023912005.html

From a 58 game season Alexei Kovalev 35 games, Ruslan Salei 35 games, Vincent Lecavalier 30 games, Alexei Zhitnik 23 games, Brad Richards 7 games, Dany Heatley 11 games and Darius Kasparaitis 28 games didn't seem really into it. Sure, some of them may have a season ending injury, but I also suspect that once they got a tweak bad enough to sit out a game, they fled for home like Richards once they realized that they were facing Russian food and Russian health care while rehabilitating and the lure of home was greater than the paycheck.

It would be interesting to see what their lineup was by the time they got to the end of the regular season. Lecavalier, Heatley and Richards didn't total a full season of games and managed just 26 points in 48 games combined, compared to Kovalchuk's 41 points in 53 games by himself.

It's one thing to spend like the Yankees, but it's another to get the players to give a rat's Arse.

That said, it was a gorgeous jersey and I've got a Kovalchuk of my own in my collection, partly as a symbol of the lockout year.

What I read about that team , Richards, LeCavalier, and a couple others didn't sign until later in the season. Richards suffered some abdominal injury and came home to get it taken care of.

What I read about that team , Richards, LeCavalier, and a couple others didn't sign until later in the season. Richards suffered some abdominal injury and came home to get it taken care of.

That's what I heard as well, hence the only 7 games.

Sorry your Thrashers (I'm assuming you're a fan from the sig) couldn't pull it out tonight lafountain...my Bolts played pretty badly until the third against the Panthers, and couldn't get it together enough either, but penalties didn't help us either.

JeffB, your link gives me a 403 Forbidden error...?

That's what I heard as well, hence the only 7 games.

Sorry your Thrashers (I'm assuming you're a fan from the sig) couldn't pull it out tonight lafountain...my Bolts played pretty badly until the third against the Panthers, and couldn't get it together enough either, but penalties didn't help us either.

JeffB, your link gives me a 403 Forbidden error...?

I can see why you think that. Kovalchuk is actually my favorite player. The Sabres are my favorite team. I have come to like the Thrashers quite a bit though considering I like quite a few of their players and while I was in the desert the NHL team I saw the most of until the playoffs was the Thrashers so I got to see a few of their games.

So far this is the best picture I could find. It does look like 39 on the left arm.

Lecavalier_Richards.jpg

Also not an official source but look at post #'s 16 and 18 on this post.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=116462

There was an article in Sports Illustrated about Richards and friends going over to play in Kazan in the 1/20/05 issue.

This is supposed to be a link to it, but it actually doesn't work for me. Perhaps it might work for you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/pr/subs/s...0112/index.html

Those Ak Bars jerseys were all over ebay the year of the lockout and the following year, both authentics and knockoffs, for Richards, Kovalchuk, Heatley and Lecavalier. You might still be able to find one, just look for the ones with the number font that matches the photos in this thread with the large white outline. The knockoffs had a much smaller outline on the numbers for starters.

Here's a great article about Lecavalier along with a photo gallery of his time there that's interesting for it's apparent bleakness.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/03/27/Lightnin...anslation.shtml

Thanks for your help lafountain. That picture definitely does make it look like Brad wore number 39. And now I know the jerseys they sell are indeed authentic. I guess I can trust them to correctly translate "Richards" into their native language.

Jeff, that link to the sports illustrated article doesn't work for me either. On the other hand, that St. Pete Times article is great, I'm shocked I've never seen it before.

Guess you guys have answered a lot of my questions. Many many thanks. You're a treasure-trove of hockey knowledge!

Jeff, that link to the sports illustrated article doesn't work for me either. On the other hand, that St. Pete Times article is great, I'm shocked I've never seen it before.

Time for a trip to the library then. The Jan. 20, 2005 issue shouldn't be too hard to track down. It's recent enough that it could still be sitting out on a shelf. If not, I'm sure it would still be in the stacks in the back and you'd just have to have someone bring it out for you if you really want to read it and see some more photos.

Time for a trip to the library then. The Jan. 20, 2005 issue shouldn't be too hard to track down. It's recent enough that it could still be sitting out on a shelf. If not, I'm sure it would still be in the stacks in the back and you'd just have to have someone bring it out for you if you really want to read it and see some more photos.

And I just might do that. Seems the least I should do before dropping $100 bucks or so on a jersey from Russia. =)

And I just might do that. Seems the least I should do before dropping $100 bucks or so on a jersey from Russia. =)

Especially since it takes 1 1/2 - 2 months to get it delivered since each one is manufactured after it is order.

Especially since it takes 1 1/2 - 2 months to get it delivered since each one is manufactured after it is order.

Wow, and to think I've been getting antsy because my jersey I ordered from icejerseys.com is "in customization" for three weeks, well within the 2-4 week window. I just REALLY can't wait for my new Edge...

I dunno if I could wait 2 months for one custom made in the USSR! :blink:

I am considering buying a 1980 CCCP Tretiak jersey from that site. Does anyone have any idea if this is true to the jerseys they actually wore in the Olympics that year with regards to the numbers being sublimated or sewn, etc.? Were the names in English or Russian for the 1980 Olympics?

I called them and the lady on the phone said the ones they actually wore were sublimated, and they were in Russian, but she said "as far as I know," so I'm not really sure if I should trust her on this.

I am considering buying a 1980 CCCP Tretiak jersey from that site. Does anyone have any idea if this is true to the jerseys they actually wore in the Olympics that year with regards to the numbers being sublimated or sewn, etc.? Were the names in English or Russian for the 1980 Olympics?

I called them and the lady on the phone said the ones they actually wore were sublimated, and they were in Russian, but she said "as far as I know," so I'm not really sure if I should trust her on this.

Interesting questions.

If you freeze this video at 52 seconds in, you can see that replica is mostly accurate. The one gripe would be that the white trim stripes on the arms are too thin, as is the top stripe around the waist.

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that the Soviets had their names on the back in English. See the attached photo for proof.

I'm not sure about the sublimated vs. sewn question though. I have a reproduction CCCP jersey from the 72 Summit Series and the numbers are sewn on felt. It wouldn't surprise me if they 1980 ones were not sewn on, but I'd be willing to be they were screen printed onto the jerseys vs. sublimated into the jerseys.

Now, check out this AWESOME video of what I believe is the live RADIO call of what I listened to live that day matched up to the video of the event (Al Michaels on TV was shown on tape delay). At 3:28 there is a clear shot of the name on the back in English, on a nameplate, but not clear enough to determine sewn or screened.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fztlLwgSFCg

EDIT: I just read that was not the ABC radio call of the game but was recorded live in the arena during the game.

post-114-1192644429_thumb.jpg

Interesting questions.

If you freeze this video at 52 seconds in, you can see that replica is mostly accurate. The one gripe would be that the white trim stripes on the arms are too thin, as is the top stripe around the waist.

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that the Soviets had their names on the back in English. See the attached photo for proof.

I'm not sure about the sublimated vs. sewn question though. I have a reproduction CCCP jersey from the 72 Summit Series and the numbers are sewn on felt. It wouldn't surprise me if they 1980 ones were not sewn on, but I'd be willing to be they were screen printed onto the jerseys vs. sublimated into the jerseys.

Now, check out this AWESOME video of what I believe is the live RADIO call of what I listened to live that day matched up to the video of the event (Al Michaels on TV was shown on tape delay). At 3:28 there is a clear shot of the name on the back in English, on a nameplate, but not clear enough to determine sewn or screened.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fztlLwgSFCg

Wow that helps a lot, thanks. Guess I have to either deal with the inconsistencies or decide against this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Please do not spend a hundred bucks on those jerseys. I haven't been on a lot lately,but you can get 2 or 3 of the same jersey from a guy on ebay that I've bought about 20 from. I made the mistake of buying from russianjerseys before. The guy is a Lutch distributor and will place the order for you. Whatever team,color,player you want. Takes about a month and a half,but the guy is first class and wonderful to deal with. And they are the official jersey. Not some of the knock offs you see out there. His name is Terry. His ebay id is global_hockey. Please tell him galvinredwings sent you his way if you decide to buy. Honestly get two or three for the price of that one. Hopefully , I caught you in time.

I second what Yzeman fan said. Yes, Terry (global_hockey) is an EXCELLENT merchant for Russian jerseys. On his ebay listings, he gives background info on the jerseys, like what he sells is not a cheap knockoff, and the benefits of staying away from those. The jerseys are ordered directly from Lutch, but are worth waiting 6-8 weeks for and they're usually in the $50-$60 range. The numbers are sublimated into the jersey. He has access to most rosters, too, so he can help with that. If you want Cyrillic or English letters for the name, he provides that option, too. He provides top-notch service and is great to deal with. I absolutely recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys have caught me in time, and I finally got around to looking up global_hockey's current listings. Seems he doesn't currently have any Akbars Kazan 04 jerseys. Before I go through the trouble of bugging him, is he able to get his hands on just about anything I want? I'm not opposed to waiting 6-8 weeks for something that nice, especially if it's coming from that far away...