USA 2010 Alternate Jersey

HawksFanInDC

Is this the replica that was sold for the throwbacks they wore in the preliminary round against Canada? I understand there are differences from the game worns on the USA crest and the location of the NIke swoosh. I just want to make sure this is not a replica for another tournament, like the world championships or something.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=157845

There were two versions of that one actually. One was royal blue and the other was navy. I just can't for the life of me remember what the difference between the two was. One may have been for the World Juniors that year. I don't know. That's basically it though.

There were two versions of that one actually. One was royal blue and the other was navy. I just can't for the life of me remember what the difference between the two was. One may have been for the World Juniors that year. I don't know. That's basically it though.

Any idea if the customization should be layered or kiss cut?

The on-ice jerseys of that style were never in swift cut.

The replica is based on the throwback worn at the 2008 IHWC. That team actually had quite a few players that are on this year's Olympic team. I don't remember if the Olympic version had a different color shoulder, but IIRC the replicas that came out in 2010 were different but still inaccurate. The 2011 WJC ones has the Sabres logo in it's pretty much worthless.

The on-ice jerseys of that style were never in swift cut.

The replica is based on the throwback worn at the 2008 IHWC. That team actually had quite a few players that are on this year's Olympic team. I don't remember if the Olympic version had a different color shoulder, but IIRC the replicas that came out in 2010 were different but still inaccurate. The 2011 WJC ones has the Sabres logo in it's pretty much worthless.

Despite the differences was the replica made for the 2008 tournament or 2010 Olympics? Seems that it would be odd to make ones for a smaller tournament like the junior team.

It was made for the Olympics version. I doubt most people even knew that it existed in the 2008 World Championships or even that the IIHF World Championships exist.

The 2008 and 2010 versions were the same except for I think the material...ultrafil in 2008 and Nike-knit in 2010...and then maybe the chest patch. I can't remember exactly what each stated other than AHAUS.

The chest patch was the same for the gamers. The only time I have seen them in the WJC was in 2011 with the Sabres logo in it.

I found the old thread about them: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2323

The 2008 replicas had the royal shoulder and the 2010 ones had the navy shoulder. I believe the 2008 ones were concluded to be less inaccurate because of that.

The chest patch was the same for the gamers. The only time I have seen them in the WJC was in 2011 with the Sabres logo in it.

I found the old thread about them: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2323

The 2008 replicas had the royal shoulder and the 2010 ones had the navy shoulder. I believe the 2008 ones were concluded to be less inaccurate because of that.

Any idea if the numbers should be kiss cut or layered?