My jersey collection is now online

JeffB

It took some time, but my jersey collection is now online.

I have divided the collection up into several different albums to try to make it easier to navigate.

First, I have a separate album for just my game worn jerseys.

Then, I put everything, replica and game worn into NHL Divisions, Defunct, International, Minors, College, etc. in order to keep each album down to a reasonable number of pages.

I have also documented in detail all of my patches, so if you are into those, I hope this will become a valuable resource for you.

There's even some baseball on there if you are interested in that.

http://community.webshots.com/user/spyboy1

I've tried to put some commentary with each one so if you find any typos or factual errors, send me a private message.

JeffB

Holy crap man! That's pretty impressive. How long did it take you to get all that online? Also, I couldn't help but notice that you don't have any Central, Southeast or Pacific jerseys listed. No love for those jerseys?

EDIT: Hey what's the deal with that Trevor Linden black Vancouver jersey? The skate looks way too angled.

It took some time, but my jersey collection is now online.

I have divided the collection up into several different albums to try to make it easier to navigate.

First, I have a separate album for just my game worn jerseys.

Then, I put everything, replica and game worn into NHL Divisions, Defunct, International, Minors, College, etc. in order to keep each album down to a reasonable number of pages.

I have also documented in detail all of my patches, so if you are into those, I hope this will become a valuable resource for you.

There's even some baseball on there if you are interested in that.

http://community.webshots.com/user/spyboy1

I've tried to put some commentary with each one so if you find any typos or factual errors, send me a private message.

JeffB

I'm speechless, great collection. I found a few jersey that would perfectly fit in to my own collection. Are you selling any?

Can anyone help me to find this patch? http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2450493300100337552uxAdNt

I need 2 of those

Holy crap man! That's pretty impressive. How long did it take you to get all that online? Also, I couldn't help but notice that you don't have any Central, Southeast or Pacific jerseys listed. No love for those jerseys?

They're all there.

Central

Southeast

Pacific

I'm speechless, great collection. I found a few jersey that would perfectly fit in to my own collection. Are you selling any?

Can anyone help me to find this patch? http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2450493300100337552uxAdNt

I need 2 of those

Nope, none for sale. I just went through a round of selling off a few. As for the SHK III patch, I made that one myself since I've never, ever seen a real one for sale. Any patch you see descirbed as "custom made" is one I had to do on my own since I couldn't locate a real one.

JeffB

That's weird. For some reason, I don't see the links to the other three divisions on that page. Only Atlantic, Northeast and Northwest.

I'm debating on making a couple more albums for certain players. I could do a Gretzky only and a Lemieux only for certain. Perhaps a few others like Sundin, Messier, Irbe, Hasek and Yzerman, but probably just 99 and 66. It would be nice if users of the page could sort the pictures by player name like a visual database.

JeffB

Dont you have any of those SHK III patches left over? How did you make that one?

I noticed patches on jerseys that don't belong there. For example: Rangers Messier, NHL 75 Years patch on a Starter jersey.

Dont you have any von those SHK III patches left over? How did you make that one?

I found a font that was as close to the real one as possible and recreated the design in photoshop. Then I printed the design on "transfer paper", used for making your own t-shirts. Then I iron the design onto twill material used to make numbers, cut it out and had it zig-zag stitched on like any other patch.

Sometimes instead of having to recreate a patch, I will just print a photo of a real one if I can find one large enough online, like my webshots page now offers other people. Those can be pretty realistic since the fine stitch marks from the original embroidery can give it even more of a three dimensional appearance.

I noticed patches on jerseys that don't belong there. For example: Rangers Messier, NHL 75 Years patch on a Starter jersey.

Don't go there. I've discussed this before and my entire collection can probably be picked apart in that regard. I won't put a particular patch on a v-neck style when it was worn on a tie-neck jersey, but I could care less about what brand a jersey is as long as the pattern is accurate. ProPlayer jerseys are just too nice to pass up!

I know several of you care what year the Red Wings wore Sandow or Maska or Nike or CCM or Koho, but I'm not going to go out of my way hoping for an impossible to find Sandow or waiting for a Nike jersey to show up and let 20 CCM's go by. They're all exactly the same to me.

Same with the Maple Leafs. Patches go on jerseys with correct shoulder patches and number fonts, but I don't worry about what particular brand was worn what year. I do try to avoid neck tagged jerseys for older hem tagged projects, but other than that, I don't let it bother my fun.

JeffB

Don't go there. I've discussed this before and my entire collection can probably be picked apart in that regard. I won't put a particular patch on a v-neck style when it was worn on a tie-neck jersey, but I could care less about what brand a jersey is as long as the pattern is accurate. ProPlayer jerseys are just too nice to pass up!

I know several of you care what year the Red Wings wore Sandow or Maska or Nike or CCM or Koho, but I'm not going to go out of my way hoping for an impossible to find Sandow or waiting for a Nike jersey to show up and let 20 CCM's go by. They're all exactly the same to me.

Same with the Maple Leafs. Patches go on jerseys with correct shoulder patches and number fonts, but I don't worry about what particular brand was worn what year. I do try to avoid neck tagged jerseys for older hem tagged projects, but other than that, I don't let it bother my fun.

JeffB

I guess, everyone has diffenrent criteria when it comes to jersey collecting. I don't really if theres a wrong patch on replica since I don't collect replicas. As for me, I'm not "messing up" the "expensive" jerseys with the wrong patch or a lettering kit with the wrong fonts or size. I´m very picky that. If you look at the name on my green Modano jersey, you know what I mean. I hate the fonts of the letters on that jersey. I would have changed it but it´s hard to find the right color. the gold layer was not as dark as it became the years after 2000. They even changed the font of the sleeve numbers in just a small detail. Most people say I´m too picky but I can´t be picky enough with authentics.

Your collection is awesome and it seems to me you have a huge patch collection too, don't you?

Great Collection I working on getting up pics of mine.

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to bump this up to the top since it was discovered that nearly half of my albums had somehow changed from public to private and were not visible by anyone buy me, and since I could see them, I had no idea there was an issue.

It's all be fixed now and I've made several updates in the last month across all the hockey albums and my game worn baseball jerseys as well.

Even if you have checked out my collection recently, take a look again since apparently nearly half of it will be new to you!

Click the link in my signature below or visit my hockey jersey collection online!

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2528868070100337552hCKQVv

Hey Jeff, I noticed there's a different A on the blue fisherman than on the white, how come? It's exactly like the Avs' A!

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2528868070100337552hCKQVv

Hey Jeff, I noticed there's a different A on the blue fisherman than on the white, how come? It's exactly like the Avs' A!

That's the way the customizers did it. I noticed that, but have yet to find the time to research why the difference and if it's (hopefully) accurate.

A big, fat warning to you all - photographing your collection isn't the most fun thing in the world. You usually only get to see your jerseys at an arms length as you hold them up yourself. Standing back from them and trying to make sure they're straight gives you a somewhat unique chance to look at them with a critical eye and you won't believe how many flaws become apparent like crooked numbers, things that are asymetrical, misaligned or otherwise funky.

That's the way the customizers did it. I noticed that, but have yet to find the time to research why the difference and if it's (hopefully) accurate.

A big, fat warning to you all - photographing your collection isn't the most fun thing in the world. You usually only get to see your jerseys at an arms length as you hold them up yourself. Standing back from them and trying to make sure they're straight gives you a somewhat unique chance to look at them with a critical eye and you won't believe how many flaws become apparent like crooked numbers, things that are asymetrical, misaligned or otherwise funky.

Oh stop it! You have an awesome collection Jeff! I wish I had that kings jersey!

An amazing collection Jeff, though in your Wild collection part of me is surprised that you don't have a Gaborik 82 jersey in there.

An amazing collection Jeff, though in your Wild collection part of me is surprised that you don't have a Gaborik 82 jersey in there.

That was not the most memorable two weeks in Marian's career. It never really occurred to me to do one of those actually... Perhaps there's my excuse to run out and pick up one of the old style green jerseys from Target for $50.

• 1 month later...

This is exactly why I never catalogued my collection to digital media and am so slow to list items on ebay or pics of new arrivals on this board. I'm never happy with the photo and it usually isn't as fair or accurate of a representation as I'd like it to be. You can read that as "DesertRat sucks at taking pictures", too. B)

That's a great collection Jeff, I particularly like the Avalanche collection as well as the Sharks jersey. Arturs Irbe is a great choice for the vintage Shark jersey.

Irbe is one of my true heroes in life. He's a man of great principals that go well beyond the game of hockey. Anyone who mans barricades in the streets of his hometown in the face of Soviet tanks gets my respect.

I have a number of his jerseys in my collection, including the Kansas City Blades, San Jose, Dallas, Vancouver, Carolina home and away and a pair of All-Star jerseys as well as over 300 hockey cards of his, some quite rare and others from overseas that were a challenge to acquire, plus a game used stick given to me by Arturs himself.

Irbe is one of my true heroes in life. He's a man of great principals that go well beyond the game of hockey. Anyone who mans barricades in the streets of his hometown in the face of Soviet tanks gets my respect.

I have a number of his jerseys in my collection, including the Kansas City Blades, San Jose, Dallas, Vancouver, Carolina home and away and a pair of All-Star jerseys as well as over 300 hockey cards of his, some quite rare and others from overseas that were a challenge to acquire, plus a game used stick given to me by Arturs himself.

I had never known that about him. I remember seeing him carrying the Latvian flag during the 2006 Olympics. Its amazing some of the stories that the Russian players who played in the old Soviet Union and the satellite countries (Latvia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc.) bring with them. Petr Nedved and Alexander Mogilny's stories stick out to me most. I first heard of Arturs when he came through Indianapolis with the Kansas City Blades in the 91-92 season. I loved how he had the same equipment for most of his career and repaired it himself.

• 6 months later...

I've have always like Irbe (a guy around my height and weight - with older equipment repaired by himself) but haven't cared for the logos/jerseys of most of the teams he has played for. The only trivia about him not mentioned yet is: I think in the 90s he had to come back from his own dog mauling his hand.

I like the Latvia jersey so I bought a replica jersey (it's not goalie sized, but i'm going to expand it to goalie size and personalize it with his name and number).

I think he played a little in Slovakia a couple years ago, but may have retired by now. He had played in Europe for a while after his NHL career.

I had never known that about him. I remember seeing him carrying the Latvian flag during the 2006 Olympics. Its amazing some of the stories that the Russian players who played in the old Soviet Union and the satellite countries (Latvia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc.) bring with them. Petr Nedved and Alexander Mogilny's stories stick out to me most. I first heard of Arturs when he came through Indianapolis with the Kansas City Blades in the 91-92 season. I loved how he had the same equipment for most of his career and repaired it himself.