Sportchek clearance Team Canada jerseys?

I wasn't really into collecting jerseys in 2010, but I do recall hearing about Team Canada jerseys being put on clearance after the event.

Does anybody remember how quickly they were put on clearance? Do they mark them down to a rock bottom price right away, or is it best to wait a period of time before grabbing one?

Also, does anybody know if they are carrying authentic jerseys? I only see the replicas on their site.

Thanks.

I believe it took 2 years or so. It definitely was not right away and it was not expected. They than flooded eBay for a couple months because there was so many available on the secondary market. Most were smaller sizes for the swift cut though. A lot of size 50,52,54, and 56. They than also clearenced those junior 3rd jerseys and those were available in larger sizes.

The Nike outlets and sportcheks clearances then about a year after the games. Then about a year ago the Nike outlets put out a bunch more out of the blue. Different stores charged different prices but I bought a bunch from the Vaughan Mills outlet for around $70 each. Other stores charged around $120.

In 2010 the authentics were not made available to the general public as far as I know, thought I could be wrong. Only the red version from the Vancouver games was a pro version with fight strap and was being sold on the Vancouver Olympics website. There were only 2010 of them made and the site sold them for nearly $1000 a piece. Shortly after a few popped up on ebay in both the white and red version and the guy I bought a couple from said they were team issued and were extras that never got used. There was no question about their authenticity once I received them. A few more popped up on ebay and every now and then you can find them. If you are looking for a 2010 version , I have a white replica size XL BNWT no name or number. I will keep my pro ones though.

In 2010 the authentics were not made available to the general public as far as I know, thought I could be wrong. Only the red version from the Vancouver games was a pro version with fight strap and was being sold on the Vancouver Olympics website. There were only 2010 of them made and the site sold them for nearly $1000 a piece. Shortly after a few popped up on ebay in both the white and red version and the guy I bought a couple from said they were team issued and were extras that never got used. There was no question about their authenticity once I received them. A few more popped up on ebay and every now and then you can find them. If you are looking for a 2010 version , I have a white replica size XL BNWT no name or number. I will keep my pro ones though.

I like how you posted some BS story just so you can use it to spam.

@guam64 Sorry, wasn't trying to spam. Was just letting him know that as far as I know the 2010 authentics weren't sold publically. If I am wrong, please let me know. You don't have to be a D-bag about it.

I like how you posted some BS story just so you can use it to spam.

Its not ENTIRELY bs.

I do recall something about 2,010 authentic jerseys being made, and them selling for a pretty penny. I just remember them being advertised. That's where it ends.

As for the "authentics were made available to the public" yes that was absolutely incorrect, as we've all seen from the ones that were put on clearance.

EDIT: Right here on our board... a bit more info about it: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2427

I said that because I went to jersey city in Calgary and they told me that Nike wasn't making the authentic ones available to them. Just saying what I was told at the time, coupled with the statement the guy made from whom I bought mine from.

I get you're just passing along what you thought was correct, but its definitely not. The jerseys were very much available and clearance at a lot of stores.

^ yeah it was the limited edition of 2,010 that were made. But I guess it wasn't very special just had an extra tag that said what number it was out of the 2,010 made.

• 2 weeks later...

It actually had an inner maple leaf of the hockey Canada logo sewn inside the Jersey behind the crest because IOC rules allow just 1 logo per jersey. The hockey Canada logo they use for world juniors would have been a breech due to the Nike manufacturer mark so they moved it inside the gamers and on the 2,010 limited jerseys. They came with a bob Nicholson and hockey Canada COA and were available in either color and blank or crested. I owned a Luongo which I sold years ago. The neck tagging also had the limited edition # as mentioned. Otherwise identical to the widely available authentics.