Help with NHL2000 Patch

BanthaBeard

Hi everyone

I'm a new member to the board and require some help with the application of the NHL2000 patch to my Pro Player NYR Home jersey. I've owned this since 2000 and am thinking of sending it in to Ice Jerseys to have it personalized. The addition of the NHL2000 patch would, I think, finish it off nicely. The problem I've got is that there doesn't seem to be enough room to fit the patch to the top right (as you wear it) shoulder without overlapping either the shoulder trim or the Ranger logo. Here are some photos to demonstrate.

The question is, how should I go about getting this right? The only solution I can think of is to trim the top and the bottom, but this might ruin the shape of the patch.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Looks like you need a bigger jersey or try to find an Authentic Pro Player jersey. I don't know what else I would do. Is your jersey size M? I'm think, even the lettering wouldn't fit on the back of the jersey

It's a size medium, which is the size I normally get. My 1994 Adam Graves replica is also medium and the letters were fine so I think this might just be the Pro Player style. The other manufacturers normally leave more room between the 'R' and the trim and it would fit on all my other white NYR jerseys. I'm thinking I should either trim the patch or not bother. I'll still go with the personalization though, Leetch with the C.

Thanks for trying to help, much appreciated.

Rangers8.gif

Hello, welcome aboard! I tend to think your jersey size maybe the culprit here. Since the authentics are made to run bigger that's probably why you're having problems. I have seen some personalized smaller jerseys in which the nameplate or numbers extend over stripes. Good luck! Leetch would be a great choice on the jersey.

It's a size medium, which is the size I normally get. My 1994 Adam Graves replica is also medium and the letters were fine so I think this might just be the Pro Player style. The other manufacturers normally leave more room between the 'R' and the trim and it would fit on all my other white NYR jerseys. I'm thinking I should either trim the patch or not bother. I'll still go with the personalization though, Leetch with the C.

Thanks for trying to help, much appreciated.

If you want to put a patch on a Rangers jersey, you have plenty of other options.

The 91-92 NHL 75th Anniversary patch, the 92-93 Stanley Cup 100th patch, the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals and the 00-01 New York Rangers 75th Anniversary patch and all are commonly found on ebay. The last three were all worn up on the shoulders, so they would have no worries about having space on the chest and the NHL 75th patch was worn on the left chest.

For accuracy, you would want to go with the "A" instead of the "C" for those I believe. The 1994 Finals is a good one since Leetch was the Conn Smythe trophy winner, a career highlight for sure.

For accuracy, you would want to go with the "A" instead of the "C" for those I believe. The 1994 Finals is a good one since Leetch was the Conn Smythe trophy winner, a career highlight for sure.

Very true but during the 1999-2000 season, Leetch was still the Rangers captain. He only relinquished it to Messier the next year when he returned. Both are good choices though.

Welcome aboard brother. It's always good to see some fellow Blueshirt fans around these parts.

Unfortunately, you do have a size issue with that particular jersey. I took some pictures comparing the sizes of one of my authentic Rangers jerseys and one of my replica jerseys. Now, obviously these are Reebok(sz 48) and CCM(sz L) respectively, but you can still see the difference in size between two jerseys of "equal" size:

compare1-vi.jpg

compare2-vi.jpg

compare3-vi.jpg

There are significant differences between the two. That little bit extra on the authentic jersey would probably be the space you need to get that patch on properly. The other problem is that Pro Player authentics are TOUGH to come by nowadays. Keep your eyes open though because you might get lucky.

Here are some shots of my jerseys and where the patches are located.

2591013910100337552S425x425Q85.jpg2114628870100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

2105046230100337552S425x425Q85.jpg2162197960100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Those are some nice looking jerseys and thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm going to trim the patch to a size where it will fit in the correct place and go with Leetch personalization and as Brilliant rightly points out 1999/2000 would be the last year before he gave up the C to Mess. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures to show how it turns out.

Thats very interesting about the different sizes of the supposedly 'same sized' authentics and replicas. My normal size when buying is medium so I'll have remember that when I finally get round to getting an authentic jersey. I'm going to wait for the new Rangers jerseys next year before deciding what to go for next.

One thing I've noticed about the vintage 1994 Road jersey by CCM is that the stripes are all wrong. JeffB's shot with the NHL75 patch shows how they should be, but they've made it with the current style. Very annoying!!!

Thanks for your help everyone!!! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going through my unnamed jerseys and deciding what player to go with (mostly of Portland Winter Hawks lineage), and came across the uncrested white St. Lous Blues authentic jersey I picked up a few years back. Its the current white style, with the CCM on the hem, which means I'm looking to do an NHL 2000 patch to go with it (Its going to be a Jeff Finley jersey for the record.) The question I have is which NHL 2000 patch did the Blues use? I have both the Navy and the Blue NHL 2000 patch, and due to the fact their blue jersey is more royal that was my first thought, and it looks to be this way on NHLUniforms.com. Upon looking at some pics at Getty Images, I can't tell if its the lighter blue or the darker blue. The real problem is that the two blues of the patches are somewhat close. From my research, I know there were 3 blue patches made, a navy as worn by the Canucks, etc., a blue worn by the Capitals, and then the Blue worn by the Rangers on thier home and away. I don't have the Rags home or away, so I can't tell if the Blue NHL 2000 patch I have would go to them. Any one have any knowledge? Heres a picture. 72327238.jpg

Yeah, I agree on that. I've taken the navy patches I have an matched them up to navy, lighter blue, and black jerseys trying to figure out exactly what color they are because they are so dark. I wish there was a bright blue one (like exactly the color), and this would be so much easier.

Anyone else find it weird the NHL 2000 patch was warn from 1999-2000. Even though it would have eclipsed two seasons, I would rather had only worn them during the year 2000. It makes more sense.

I'm going through my unnamed jerseys and deciding what player to go with (mostly of Portland Winter Hawks lineage), and came across the uncrested white St. Lous Blues authentic jersey I picked up a few years back. Its the current white style, with the CCM on the hem, which means I'm looking to do an NHL 2000 patch to go with it (Its going to be a Jeff Finley jersey for the record.) The question I have is which NHL 2000 patch did the Blues use? I have both the Navy and the Blue NHL 2000 patch, and due to the fact their blue jersey is more royal that was my first thought, and it looks to be this way on NHLUniforms.com. Upon looking at some pics at Getty Images, I can't tell if its the lighter blue or the darker blue. The real problem is that the two blues of the patches are somewhat close. From my research, I know there were 3 blue patches made, a navy as worn by the Canucks, etc., a blue worn by the Capitals, and then the Blue worn by the Rangers on thier home and away. I don't have the Rags home or away, so I can't tell if the Blue NHL 2000 patch I have would go to them. Any one have any knowledge? Heres a picture. 72327238.jpg

The Blues had the royal blue NHL 2000 patch just like the Rangers. Make sure you get the number in the right colors on your jersey. For the white jersey the bottom layer is black, not navy blue as most of you might think.

The Nucks had navy blue NHL 2000 patches and the Leafs had the dark royal blue but I'm not quite sure about that. The Capitals used black NHL 2000 patches on their jerseys.

Does your jersey have the silver NHL shield right next to the CCM logo in the hem? If so, you sure have a pretty rare version.

Wow, your a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the info. I do not have the silver NHL logo, infact there is no NHL logo, I pretty sure its the only uncrested NHL Authentic Jersey I've seen. Now I have to ask, why the black numbers? It doesnt make sense to me, navy seems like the logical choice.

This also leads me to, anyone know where to I can get the patch for the front. I checked ebay, but none are the exact one used and I cant think of another place that has the full sized front crests.

Now I have to ask, why the black numbers? It doesnt make sense to me, navy seems like the logical choice.

I have no idea why they did that. I think it was easier for Custom Crafted to use the Bruins' back numbers from the black jersey on the Blues' blue jersey. That's probably why used black as the darkest layer on the Blues jersey. The number for the dark jerseys of both teams aren't actually made of twill. The top layer (yellow) has a silk screed or printed black outline and was sewn onto white twill. There's no yellow stitching, just the black. That was the main reason why I only used lettering Kits from Custom Cratfed on my Bruins jerseys that have 3-colored lettering to make them look real authentic. It's the same lettering kits that were used on the game worn bruins jerseys. I can send you some close-up pics of that tomorrow if you want. I´m very, very picky with the lettering on my jerseys and still some of the lettering kits on my jersey need to be corrected. The best example is my green Modano Stars jersey

Yeah, Id love to see those pics. As for right now I'm unemployed for the summer and one of the things I've decided to do is try to pick up stitching a jersey. I've got some fabric and I'm gonna pick up some cheap single layer numbers to practice on, then eventually try to one on a cheap jersey I have. I'm always interested in learning what really goes on. As for the Modano, I'm assuming you are talking about the letters being cut out when the shouldn't be?

Gotch ya, Thats always bugged me about the the Stars jerseys. As for the unemployment, why wouldn't anyone want to hire a ###### good looking college student home for summer for 3 months? I mean, I can clean a table with the best of them, and I'm pretty sure I can deliver water to a table no problem despite my lack of experience. I don't get it, I just don't get it!

A bit late to the conversation, but here is what I have for which team wore which colors of the NHL 2000 patches.

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - BLACK with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Bruins, Sabres, Kings, Flyers, Coyotes, Penguins, Sharks and Lightning

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - BRIGHT RED with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Flames, Hurricanes, Red Wings, Panthers, Devils and Senators

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - NAVY BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Oilers, Predators, Islanders, Canucks and Thrashers

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - EGGPLANT with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - DARK RED with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Canadiens and Blackhawks

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - GREEN with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Stars

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - METALLIC BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Capitals

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - MAROON with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Avalanche

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - MEDIUM BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Maple Leafs

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - ROYAL BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Blues and Rangers

Impressive, I'm learning more and more here. I didn't realize there were two reds, never would have guessed that. As for your list, the Thrahsers then road jersey had the NHL 2000 Patch in Maroon like the Avs because of the maroon shoulders it has. Also, I don't know if you are counting alts or not, the Panthers had a navy patch on thier 3rd, the Caps had a black one on their black alt, the Blackhawks had black on their 3rd jersey, and the Flames had black on the horse head jersey while the rest were red. I also thought the Coyotes alt had a green patch, but I can't quite tell and can't find any evidence to say the Rangers wore Navy with their Alt. I'm still looking for pics trying to confirm all this, anyone else know? Most of this I got from nhluniforms, when I get some time here, I'll see what I can dig up.

Out of all of this, I'm guessing I have the Navy and Medium blue patches, as they dont seem royal enough. With that said, I don't own a jersey with royal blue in it yet and I have 50 some odd, how did that happen?

_1062707_ferraro300.jpg

725291762.jpg

72445023.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
different country(?) same problem

yes, the letters aren't correct

I've been researching what I can do with all the jerseys I have with all this free time I've had, and I picked up a white Stars CCM neck tagged jersey which I plan on getting done up with Morrow, the C and the 2007 All Star patch. One place that sells lettering kits w/o sewing them on had a Modano kit as the represntative for the Stars (in white jersey form) without the solid colors on the base layer. I looked at getty images, and I guess the last two seasons the Stars have done away with that, at least on the white jerseys. The Modano pic is from the 2005-06 season, and 06-07 shots dont show a black behind the numbers either, just thought I'd post that little update.

57061065.jpg

Impressive, I'm learning more and more here. I didn't realize there were two reds, never would have guessed that. As for your list, the Thrahsers then road jersey had the NHL 2000 Patch in Maroon like the Avs because of the maroon shoulders it has. Also, I don't know if you are counting alts or not, the Panthers had a navy patch on thier 3rd, the Caps had a black one on their black alt, the Blackhawks had black on their 3rd jersey, and the Flames had black on the horse head jersey while the rest were red. I also thought the Coyotes alt had a green patch, but I can't quite tell and can't find any evidence to say the Rangers wore Navy with their Alt. I'm still looking for pics trying to confirm all this, anyone else know? Most of this I got from nhluniforms, when I get some time here, I'll see what I can dig up.

I can't recall how long ago or even where I got that information, perhaps even an ebay auction, but didn't have any idea there were so many omissions. Nuts. I've got some updating to work on it looks like.

I also thought the Coyotes alt had a green patch, but I can't quite tell and can't find any evidence to say the Rangers wore Navy with their Alt.

The Rangers did wear the Navy Blue on the Liberty Alts. I just did a search on the always helpful Getty Images.com for "Rangers 1999" and then had to sift through the Texas and Glasgow Rangers pics to find what I needed. See the Liberty Alt at the bottom of this post.

Also, with your help, a bit of digging trrough webshots, I was able to confirm my newly updated list.

NHL 2000 Patch color history

Home Jerseys were white and road jerseys were dark

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - BLACK with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Bruins, Sabres, Kings, Flyers, Coyotes H & A, Penguins, Sharks, Lightning, Flames Alt, Blackhawks Alt, Capitals Alt

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - BRIGHT RED with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Flames H & A, Hurricanes, Red Wings, Panthers H & A, Devils, Senators and World All-Star

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - NAVY BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Oilers, Predators, Islanders, Canucks, Thrashers Home, Panthers Alt, Rangers Alt and North American All-Star

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - EGGPLANT with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - DARK RED with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Canadiens and Blackhawks

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - GREEN with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Stars and Coyotes Alt

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - METALLIC BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Capitals H & A

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - MAROON with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Avalanche, Thrashers Road

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - MEDIUM BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn only by the Maple Leafs

NHL2000 UNIFORM PATCH - ROYAL BLUE with white and silver lettering.

Worn by the Blues and Rangers H & A

post-114-1184784682_thumb.jpg

Hey, not NHL 2000 patch related, I received a lot of patches today from ebay, one of which is a Slovakia flag for my 2001 World All Star jersey. When the patch showed up, its kinda warped around the edges, if I peel of the backing and iron it, should it be ok?

It will be fine once it's sewn down.