Any Interest in Union College Authentic Jerseys?

dsl135

Wow, what irony. I'm actually very glad to be wrong! My jersey is an older one though; it wouldn't surprise me if they don't get to it for a while.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just actually sent another email tonight.

Original estimate was 4-6 weeks. I think we're at almost 11.

Getting very annoyed.

Latest update is that they are "working feverishly to finish the order."

Lol, tell them not to go too quick, if i'm gonna wait this long i don't want it to be all slipshod

I don't know what slipshod means but I like it hahaha. I feel the same though.

I know ghost has a long freaking name but how difficult could it be to do only 12 (or less) jerseys over the course of, what, nearly 3 months?

I mean, this is what they do and they've doubled their estimated time lol

I guess they're just not used to summer orders and everyone went on vacation...

Haha, I know right? I mean, I can understand delays, but doubling the estimated delivery time?

I know ghost has a long freaking name but how difficult could it be to do only 12 (or less) jerseys over the course of, what, nearly 3 months?

It's Minnesota, so they are just not used to summer.

Quite the opposite. Gemini is super busy in summer preparing all the game jerseys for the multitude of teams they produce for.

So, yea, we basically all figured this was happening, but here's the update I was given this morning:

"I have spoke to all the guys in production, we are working hard on orders that are needed for teams that have season deadlines right now. We have it partially done, I do not know a ship date."

So yea, apparently 13 weeks is not enough time to make 9 jerseys. I've told them that this is incredibly unacceptable, but its obviously pretty much out of our control.

So, its an update, but not really, since they are so incompetent that they can't even figure out how to make 9 jerseys in an acceptable amount of time, or even give us an expected completion date.

So, yea, we basically all figured this was happening, but here's the update I was given this morning:

"I have spoke to all the guys in production, we are working hard on orders that are needed for teams that have season deadlines right now. We have it partially done, I do not know a ship date."

So yea, apparently 13 weeks is not enough time to make 9 jerseys. I've told them that this is incredibly unacceptable, but its obviously pretty much out of our control.

So, its an update, but not really, since they are so incompetent that they can't even figure out how to make 9 jerseys in an acceptable amount of time, or even give us an expected completion date.

Thanks for the update. Can we even push for some money back or something for how long this is taking? Never been a part of an order like this or anything. Pretty crazy that they have our money and they can just keep pushing us to the back of the line.

They're pretty incompetent. I've explained that this is unacceptable, but their excuse is the team contracts.

You know, its not like we placed our order at the end of May to specifically be able to avoid those contracts. Or that we were told in May that it would take 4-6 weeks.

Horrible customer service from a horrible company if you ask me.

At the least we could try and get free shipping or something, b/c this is a bit ridiculous

I'm sure the people there are hard workers and do a great job, but this is their business and they should be well versed in performing their jobs and being familiar with the timelines associated with the work

I wouldn't expect them to prioritize our order, but it's only 9 jerseys...

I think you guys will be fine and be happy with the end result. When I take single jerseys to Ruberti's, I see just how many team orders are being worked on and just how much work goes into filling those orders. I don't exactly see a room full of employees all working on sewing machines and screen printers....There's a lot more than just the sewing that goes into outfitting a club. You have to remember just how many schools, youth leagues, colleges and other projects are being worked on, all at the same time. Names, numbers and sizes need to be sorted and such... home AND away jerseys... I know, It's easy for me to say as I didn't even order one but believe me, I can't wait to see how these turn out either. I've been following this since day one. Keep the faith guys!

I know you were quoted 4-6 weeks, but that person may have been new or not versed in their own operations. Who knows. I would have absolutely s*** bricks with joy if I heard one of my custom orders was only going to take 4-6 weeks. I just finished (well, almost finished) doing about $20,000 worth of custom jersey ordering for UND for a renovation project. All orders were small batches of 6-10 jerseys through various companies all around the country, not to mention the dozens of different custom jerseys I've ordered in the past not involving UND.

The very best turnaround times I've had were 3 months, some as long as 11 months (that was a bit excessive, but true story nonetheless). Gemini isn't a company that deals with small custom orders like these. We just finished receiving our custom order from them and to get them for our deadline (about a 3 month turnaround time from order to completion) and it was like pulling teeth...and UND already has an account with them and they even make the game jerseys for the women's team (our order was unrelated to that).

Yes, you were all expecting 4-6 weeks, but blame the person that told you that. It was completely unrealistic in reality. Maybe they had your order lined up but some teams came in last second and said they needed some things changed in time for the season.

I promise you, from both a business and social aspect, calling and harassing them and demanding things isn't going to help your cause. I don't mean to be rude when I say that, but it's just the facts. Politeness goes a long way. Just remember to put yourself in the other person's shoes. If you were running the company and had umpteen orders for actual teams, home and away and sometimes alternates, and they repeat business every single year, and you have limited staff and time to complete these orders, versus your small one-time order, which would you be more worried about? They aren't trying to be jerks by not getting yours done, but there are definitely priorities. Most places wouldn't even give you an opportunity to do an order like this. Try calling Reebok or Nike and having one of the jerseys they didn't bring to retail made in a small batch like yours. You'd be lucky if they even picked up the phone.

Have some patience. Gemini does AWESOME work and you will be rewarded for your wait.

Edited by Big A HG

As long as i have mine around the start of the hockey season i'll be happy

I don't own any winter jackets so i need my jerseys lol, though i certainly am not lacking in alternatives :)

Its not about calling and harassing them. I've been polite in all of my communications with them. Its about realistic expectations.

We're obviously happy that they've taken on our order, and we're all reasonable enough to understand that team contracts come first.

It is flat out unacceptable of any company to give an expected time frame, not meet that time frame, avoid contact and responses to emails, and then still, after DOUBLING the time frame, not be able to give an expected completion date. Team contracts or not, that's not acceptable and its not professional.

They run a business. They have customers. They should treat their customers with respect. Not giving us an expected completion date, even if they know it won't be for several more weeks due to team contracts is disrespectful and unprofessional.

We've been patient. We're continuing to be patient. Gemini is the ones forcing us to continue to ask for updates by not communicating or giving us any kind of expected timeline for completion.

I'm all for being grateful for a company doing a small custom order, but at the end of the day, we don't owe them anything extra for doing the job they perform on a daily basis. They owe us the same customer service as anyone else. You don't treat some customers like crap simply because they're not spending as much as another customer. We still deserve the same respect and service as anyone else and we're not getting it, plain and simple.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need the jersey so fast? It's still summer.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need the jersey so fast? It's still summer.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand here.

Its not about needing the jerseys fast. We have waited 3 months for them (that's not fast).

Its about respectful communication and treating your customers appropriately. Not responding to emails and not providing an expected completion date after doubling the original estimate is not acceptable.

Christ, this isn't "needing them fast." Fast would've been 6 weeks ago. This is far past the expected completion date and they're not communicating with us or providing a new estimate. That's treating your customer like crap. No if's, and's, or but's about it.