Any Interest in Union College Authentic Jerseys?

dsl135

Not worth the trouble, who knows what kind of mess they'd make in stripping them, and that might take another 3 months :)

I tend to agree. It will be up to each individual guy to determine if they would want to do that or not.

I believe they're going to reach out to Gostisbehere's agent about donating them to a charity for him or something otherwise.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've asked them to check with the lawyers about removing the names, but not sure how many of you would still want them at that point.

Would it just be the name bar they would remove? I would think we could probably get the name bars done else where? I would actually be interested in this as long as the strip done could be without ruining the jerseys

Talk about the most disorganized, unprofessional bunch of idiots I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

After waiting 16 weeks, and with the jerseys finally being at Union, ready to be sent out and delivered, I get this email, from the Union Bookstore Manager:

"After a meeting with the Athletic department and our college attorneys, we have been advised not to distribute any products with a student name on them (past or present), especially one that has been signed to play professionally. This would apply to the Gotisbehere order."

So they've cancelled our order. They won't say what will happen with the jerseys. I'm completely flabbergasted by the complete lack of professionalism. How does an order get approved by the manager originally (which I know for a fact it did because that was brought up during pricing), and now it ends up cancelled at the last minute?

Sorry guys, refunds are on the way momentarily.

I'm surprised it got as far as it did. Usually you don't see any customized orders with a current or past player's name on them. So that part makes sense to me.

Having said that, what a bunch of jerks. That it took them this long and they waited until it was in their possession is ridiculous.

This whole experience was amazing.

I'd like to see Big A HG stick up for them now

He's been sticking up for Gemini. This has nothing to do with Gemini, they are only the manufacturer and delivered the jerseys. It's Union's AD and compliance department that got this thing cancelled. I can see why you got it confused though since anything to do with schools or bookstores are obviously completely foreign concepts to you.

This whole experience was amazing.

I'd like to see Big A HG stick up for them now

I'm not sure how you can blame Gemini for Union College's sudden reversal of opinion on selling the jerseys. I know North Dakota's REA Store will not put current player names on jerseys, but the day after they leave school, you will promptly see now "former player" names all over the backs of jerseys in the store.

No go on the "removing the nameplates" idea. They said the letters are individually stitched through the nameplate and that removing them would ruin the jerseys.

Looks like its a dead issue now guys. Everyone should have the refunds. Sorry it didn't work out.

No go on the "removing the nameplates" idea. They said the letters are individually stitched through the nameplate and that removing them would ruin the jerseys.

Looks like its a dead issue now guys. Everyone should have the refunds. Sorry it didn't work out.

It would be nice to have one of these Union folks give North Dakota a call and find out how this should really be done...

He's been sticking up for Gemini. This has nothing to do with Gemini, they are only the manufacturer and delivered the jerseys. It's Union's AD and compliance department that got this thing cancelled. I can see why you got it confused though since anything to do with schools or bookstores are obviously completely foreign concepts to you.

Your write, my tuition, including book costs, were fully paid for by grants and scholarships and the books were ordered online so never stepped foot in a book store. My CPA license disagrees with the hole school comment though. Try again funny man.

Edited by ted1025

UND was selling Frattin and Genoway jerseys within minutes of the two announcing that their time at the school had ended. Union doesn't know what it is doing.

Edited by MafiaMan

UND was selling Frattin and Genoway jerseys within minutes of the two announcing that their time at the school had ended. Union doesn't know what it is doing.

Hmm, it's from 2011 though, have any NCAA rules changed? Someone on the HF boards said they thought this order was against NCAA rules and that's why Union pulled the plug on the order

Hmm, it's from 2011 though, have any NCAA rules changed? Someone on the HF boards said they thought this order was against NCAA rules and that's why Union pulled the plug on the order

I'm still quite certain that the rule is no CURRENT player can be used by the university, although perhaps the Ed O'Bannon case comes into play here...

Yea, I'm aware of the NCAA rule about players too. I don't know how far it stretches in regards to former players. It wouldn't make sense to me that they could make money off the player once they're gone though.

Either way, it sounds like they are probably going to reach out to Gostisbehere and his agent to donate the jerseys to them to be signed for charity, etc.

Yea, I'm aware of the NCAA rule about players too. I don't know how far it stretches in regards to former players. It wouldn't make sense to me that they could make money off the player once they're gone though.

Either way, it sounds like they are probably going to reach out to Gostisbehere and his agent to donate the jerseys to them to be signed for charity, etc.

Someone get on Facebook or Twitter and send Shayne a note and explain this situation to him...I bet he'd be flattered that 15 or so guys who have nothing to do with Union College want to wear that jersey around to some college hockey games.

Someone get on Facebook or Twitter and send Shayne a note and explain this situation to him...I bet he'd be flattered that 15 or so guys who have nothing to do with Union College want to wear that jersey around to some college hockey games.

We would essentially be asking him to just give us them for free though. He has no say in allowing us to buy them.

I had thought of this but I just don't see any way that it comes off as anything but us asking to take the jerseys away from a charitable cause.

Edited by dsl135

We would essentially be asking him to just give us them for free though. He has no say in allowing us to buy them.

I had thought of this but I just don't see any way that it comes off as anything but us asking to take the jerseys away from a charitable cause.

So Union's going to take YOUR idea and now spin it off as theirs for "charity?" Bush league!

Union College should be freaking flattered as hell that 15 people want to wear their jersey.

So Union's going to take YOUR idea and now spin it off as theirs for "charity?" Bush league!

Union College should be freaking flattered as hell that 15 people want to wear their jersey.

I'm sure they are but that has nothing to do with it. They're not allowed to sell them, simple as that.

And no, they're not going to spin the idea as theirs haha. They just don't want to throw the jerseys away so the easiest idea is to donate them to Shayne and let him use them for charity.

Gostisbehere is no longer a student-athlete at Union College - therefore, there is no NCAA rules violation.

Gostisbehere is no longer a student-athlete at Union College - therefore, there is no NCAA rules violation.

I haven't been able to find the exact rule but I believe it's definitely vague, clearly as they're lawyers are saying they're not allowed.

It's not like they just suddenly decided they want to eat the cost of the jerseys and donate them rather than sell them to us.

I haven't been able to find the exact rule but I believe it's definitely vague, clearly as they're lawyers are saying they're not allowed.

It's not like they just suddenly decided they want to eat the cost of the jerseys and donate them rather than sell them to us.

Egads! Union better call Michigan quick!

http://www.mden.com/shopping/product.cgi?TI1305+SEARCH

Egads! Union better call Michigan quick! http://www.mden.com/shopping/product.cgi?TI1305+SEARCH

I don't know what to tell you man. Their lawyers are saying no. They can't control what other schools interpret the rule to be. They're not going to change their minds.

They're not allowed to sell them, simple as that.

This is Union's first real big-name athlete and I'm certain the school lawyers have no idea what they're talking about. A simple call to Michigan, Minnesota, or North Dakota would get them the correct answer on this issue.

I don't know what to tell you man. Their lawyers are saying no. They can't control what other schools interpret the rule to be. They're not going to change their minds.

I'm not blaming you so don't mis-interpret my frustration...Just watch, once they get this figured out, Union's campus bookstore will be ordering 100 of these jerseys.

I'm not blaming you so don't mis-interpret my frustration...Just watch, once they get this figured out, Union's campus bookstore will be ordering 100 of these jerseys.

I know you're not blaming me. I'm just telling you that I've talked to them enough to know they're not changing their minds.

Maybe they're misinterpreting the rule. Maybe they'll realize it eventually and we'll be able to get jerseys from the bookstore. Who knows.