Sign in to follow this  
Krendelev

Can't post pictures

For some reason I can no longer post pictures here from my photo hosting sites. I've tried posting from photobucket, fotki, flicker, and others. I've been posting pictures here for years with no problem, but since buying my new computer I can no longer do so here. I have no problem posting pictures on other websites that I post on such as "The Gear Page." Is there some setting that I may have set wrong on this site? Thanks to anyone who can help me figure this out.

Edited by Krendelev

Yep same problem here, instead of derailing the 'what came in the post today thread' i'll use this purpose built one for any help would be appreciated.

Need some details to troubleshoot this.

What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser?

Are you getting an error message of any kind?

Are you clicking the Image button Om94REX.png do you not get the dialog box, shown below, to add the image?
GhnawqB.png

Have you tried manually adding the image?

Click the ziz1lTB.png toggle and enter the BBCode like this:

[img=http://www.url.com/image.jpg]

I got it to work by posting pictures using Firefox. I still can't do it in internet explorer. I have both browsers on this computer so I just switch when I need to post pictures.

Alright, I am vexed by this. I don't have my pics hosted by Flickr or another site. How can I directly upload images to this site?

Need some details to troubleshoot this.

What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser?

Are you getting an error message of any kind?

Are you clicking the Image button Om94REX.png do you not get the dialog box, shown below, to add the image?
GhnawqB.png

Have you tried manually adding the image?

Click the ziz1lTB.png toggle and enter the BBCode like this:

[img=http://www.url.com/image.jpg]

Alright, I am vexed by this. I don't have my pics hosted by Flickr or another site. How can I directly upload images to this site?

Short answer: you need to host your pictures someplace like Flickr, Imgur, Image Shack, etc.

Long answer: you technically can host pictures on this site, but are limited to a total of 500kb which frankly is only like one or two photos. Go to "My Settings" then "Manage Attachments". Then when creating a post, click on "My Media" then click "Attachments" and click on the item you want to add to the post. In the end it's more trouble than it' worth and you should just host your photos someplace (see short answer above).

Thanks Akteon. I can feel my noobish-ness leaving my fingertips.