1990s All Star jerseys - best customizer?

DiscoStu

Hello gang,

Because of my Guy collection, I actually have an interest in only one All Star jersey from the 1990s, this one worn by Guy Hebert in 1997 in San Jose:

auto-anaheimducks.jpg

This purchase is not urgent, because there are so many other jerseys I am on the hunt for. For example, I still have yet to have Keener hook me up with the proper customization on what will eventually be my Guy Hebert St. Louis Blues jersey, or I could go out and get Hebert's NY Rangers jersey, as I already have a 75th anniversary patch. (In case you are wondering, I already have an authentic Mighty Ducks eggplant.)

However, I do browse ebay from time to time to see if any of these jerseys pop up. For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121344326950?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Here is a nice replica. I would prefer XXL as I like baggy jerseys, but XL fits.

And then I came across this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261484198479?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This one already has the patch I need, and is authentic, but it was customized for a giveaway.

So if I go with option 2, I would need to know what amount of trouble I would be getting myself into. How hard would it be to strip it?

And no matter which option I choose, I would need to know who could do a proper customization. Heck, for all I know, Keener could do it, but is there a company which would be the best choice?

Also -- if I scan the patch thread, chances are I can be pointed in the right direction on the Mighty Ducks shoulder patch, but if anyone wants to give me tips on where to go for that, I won't stop you.

Edited by DiscoStu

The replica you posted is a 1994 ASG jersey and has a different collar than the 1997.

Regarding the 1997 authentic, I would be very hesitant to strip it. That jersey is sublimated, so the dye is applied to the outer side of the jersey, and it's white on the inside. If the numbers and letters don't strip cleanly and you have to use solvents to remove the residue, it would not surprise me at all if some of the color comes off the jersey. If the jersey surface gets snagged, the color comes off and you can see the white underneath the snag, as seen in the photo of the shoulder with the ASG patch. I have that same jersey in a replica, and after I applied some Goof-Off to it, some of the black dye did come off.

Edited by LAK74

I didn't know that the collar changed -- so there are two versions of this jersey, or are there more?

Good point about stripping it -- based on the pictures I saw, I think the numbers could be glued or heat pressed, so I felt really unsure about going that route.

And my earlier statement about "the 1990s" -- obviously, I would also be interested in the black jersey Lafleur wore at the ASG in Chicago Stadium too. I'm not sure why I said that this was the only one from the 90s that I am looking for.

I didn't know that the collar changed -- so there are two versions of this jersey, or are there more?

There are only 2 variants- the white/gray collar of the 1994 ASG jersey, and the white/black one for 1996 and 1997.

1994's had nameplates, whereas 1996/97's did not. The letters on the 1994 were 2-layer black on gray, the 1996/97's white on gray. The 1994's had 2 identical All-Star Game patches on the shoulders, but the 1996/97's had only 1 ASG patch on the right shoulder and the player's team patch on the left.

Ok thanks. So no difference in the collar?

Want a Richter from 94 but I prefer the white letters and the team patch on one shoulder. May have to go with Gretzky then or just suck it up and do the Richter right.

The collars should be the same. The neck tags on the 94 and 97 would be different, if that matters at all to you.