eBay version 4.0

dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed...because fu*k people. That's why.

Underrated post :)

Not jersey related but way too cool!

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/371635937340

Not jersey related but way too cool!

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/371635937340

Wow. Marty with a stick up his Arse. How typical. :P

Nordiques road Ultrafil size 52.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252400622486

Anyone know what this might be? http://www.ebay.com/itm/222125274524?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The Racers never used a red jersey as far as I can tell, and according to hockeydb.com the only Stahley is Mike Stahley that played in college in the '80s at Steven's Point, and their colors are Purple and Gold. The jersey itself looks to be very old an authentic, but the team and player don't make sense. Thoughts???

GW auctions "ended" at 10PM last night, but with extended bidding it really didn't end until just after 5AM this morning. Disgusting.

the two I was bidding on did not move so why not just extend the lots that still have movement

Their thing is that all lots remain open as lon as there is bidding. Bidding on all lots end when there are no bids on any lot for 10 minutes. Figured it would end like it normally does at 2AM which is ridiculous but 5AM is brutal.

I agree it should be per lot.

I figured there was no way I'd end up winning the two I wad leading last night. But when I woke up this morning, I got the email saying I'd won. Yay me! Time to spend more money I shouldn't!

Their thing is that all lots remain open as lon as there is bidding. Bidding on all lots end when there are no bids on any lot for 10 minutes. Figured it would end like it normally does at 2AM which is ridiculous but 5AM is brutal.

I agree it should be per lot.

Capitalism at its finest.

That site's business model is frustrating. Between the above-mentioned extended bidding policy, the mandatory 10% escalator on all bid increments, the additional 20% "buyer's fee" and the fact that they don't take Paypal or Credit Cards, it's not the most buyer friendly. They get really nice, high-end items, but all those factors become barriers and take the luster away from items I'm on the fence about. Congrats to anyone who won.

The 10% escalator and the 20% buyers premium is actually pretty standard in these auctions. Classic does it too as does a lot of the other traditional auction houses like Heritage, Lelands, etc. The one thing that GW Auctions differs is that they only accept cash, MO, bank draft or personal/cashiers checks. The other auction houses have a rule where they do not accept credit/Paypal for the first time you win a lot, but after that you can use credit/Paypal. I have mixed feeling about that part. It's annoying and very 20th century, but at the same time it's basically cash and carry with the auctions, so whomever has the most money in their pocket wins. I'd rather have that than losing it to some dude because his credit limit was higher than mine.

The high-end items that hey have is what really allows these auction houses to get away with these rules. It's quite rare for jerseys of this quality to pop up on eBay or FB. I mean, outside of putting your name on a list at Meigray or just sitting and waiting and hoping, where else are you going to get that level of stuff? Hell even with the 20% buyers premium there were some good buys in there. That Devils Niedermayer being one of them.

Yeah, I wish I'd known about that no credit/PayPal thing before I paid the registration fee. It's quite annoying. Obviously I had no chance at that Kane gamer but there were a couple I was looking at. I've got no reasonable way to pay for anything I'd win from there.

Won a $100 lot. With fees and shipping, that should end up being ... what, $200? :closedeyes:

I think you accidentally converted to Canadian dollars there.

Anyways I didn't win anything last night but did well. By that I mean I had a deal with another collector who is selling me something out of his collection to pay for the lots he won. Should have it up in the new arrivals thread by Friday morning.

Authenticsports19 has Hawks 2.0 blank home jerseys for $229. Sizes 52-56.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/301965308630