eBay version 4.0

dsl135

32 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Why do people on eBay think they have to cover the Meigray tag number in their pictures? Concealing the number isn't doing anything to protect the jersey to begin with. The first question any half-serious game-worn collector is going to ask is "What is the Meigray tag number?" 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131844337247 

Auction has been removed. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Auction has been removed. 

I'll find it again. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

Slightly off-topic, but how long do you normally give sellers time to ship an item out?  Can you file a dispute if the seller doesn't ship out in a timely manner?

Reason is I won an auction and paid for it within 10 minutes of the auction ending.  That was Sunday night at about 8PM.  It is now Friday afternoon and no update as to the item being shipped.  I even sent a message to the seller on Thursday morning to see if there was any update, and nothing back.

Guy has in the past 12 months 8 positive and 1 neutral feedback.  Neutral was the buyer saying this seller is slow to ship.  Seller shipped out an item on 11/13 when the guy paid for the item on 10/26.

31 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Slightly off-topic, but how long do you normally give sellers time to ship an item out?  Can you file a dispute if the seller doesn't ship out in a timely manner?

Reason is I won an auction and paid for it within 10 minutes of the auction ending.  That was Sunday night at about 8PM.  It is now Friday afternoon and no update as to the item being shipped.  I even sent a message to the seller on Thursday morning to see if there was any update, and nothing back.

Guy has in the past 12 months 8 positive and 1 neutral feedback.  Neutral was the buyer saying this seller is slow to ship.  Seller shipped out an item on 11/13 when the guy paid for the item on 10/26.

Five days after payment without shipping is unacceptable, unless the seller said they need that much time to ship (I am not even sure eBay allows you to set your "handling time" for that long of a period), or the seller said something like "I only ship on the weekend", which I have had people do before. 

I tend to be aggressive with such things, but I would send one more request for information and after 24 hours without a response, I would file a claim. Probably an over reaction on my part, but I tend to do that. I don't even like delaying a shipment by a day when I'm shipping, even when I am in constant contact with the buyer and he says its ok. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Five days after payment without shipping is unacceptable, unless the seller said they need that much time to ship (I am not even sure eBay allows you to set your "handling time" for that long of a period), or the seller said something like "I only ship on the weekend", which I have had people do before. 

I tend to be aggressive with such things, but I would send one more request for information and after 24 hours without a response, I would file a claim. Probably an over reaction on my part, but I tend to do that. I don't even like delaying a shipment by a day when I'm shipping, even when I am in constant contact with the buyer and he says its ok. 

I agree that it is unacceptable.  He left no indication of any sort of special shipping times or circumstances like vacation that would delay shipment.  Plus on the listing he has that he ships within 3 days.  I'll send a message tonight, but if I don't have anything by Sunday morning I am filing a claim.

The kicker is that according to the listing the seller is in Englishtown, NJ.  That's only about a 50 min drive from me.  I could just pick it up at this point lol.

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I agree that it is unacceptable.  He left no indication of any sort of special shipping times or circumstances like vacation that would delay shipment.  Plus on the listing he has that he ships within 3 days.  I'll send a message tonight, but if I don't have anything by Sunday morning I am filing a claim.

The kicker is that according to the listing the seller is in Englishtown, NJ.  That's only about a 50 min drive from me.  I could just pick it up at this point lol.

Lets go knock on his door. I'll be your muscle. 

I should knock on his door and threaten him in front of his family.

It's how I usually handle any online disputes I have.

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Makes total sense to me, that's how we do here on the Island of Staten.

8 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Wu Tang forever

__12.jpg

That is awesome. No way you could roll through Park Hill in that without getting shot or stabbed. I love it. 

Back when I was in school, I worked in Foot Locker and I sold all those guys their sneakers. My band also cut a track with them once, but it was never used. Boo. 

Edited by mfitz804

Englishtown, eh? That's literally ten minutes from me. I could uh...arrange a series of events which could result in serious bodily harm to certain individuals...for a nominal fee, of course.

4 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

You aren't cool enough to have done a track with Wu Tang. I thought they donned Clarks Wallabies..

That's why it never got released...

And no, any self respecting rapper in the mid 90s rocked some Air Force Ones in the summer. 

On 10/6/2016 at 10:18 PM, Devilsguy said:

I'll cover the back door...........no escape  :fight:

Edited by tomtucker

On 28/5/2016 at 10:09 PM, DJ Rhea said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Patrick-Kane-Chicago-Blackhawks-2016-NHL-Kids-Replica-Jersey-Red-4-7-Irregular-/191852382892?hash=item2cab4b0aac:g:axwAAOSwiylW~XRk

I believe your child would see you as a failure as a father and a human being if they had bought this item.

just the perfect gift for this kid

latest?cb=20110106024559

How do we know it's not his evil twin Todd Tucker out to ruin his brother's reputation by having freaky sex with his prostitute at a sleazy motel?

6 hours ago, jolmari said:

You mean your own son?

oh s***.......you got me !

I know now that it was a bad idea to take that job at the nuclear power plant.

yes, i now drag a simpsons plotline into the mix 

Just like Seth Macfar do all the time :D

Edited by tomtucker

On 5/20/2016 at 3:40 PM, cowboys said:

Steven Stultz Jr.

Said he collects flames jerseys then needed to sell some for personal reasons so did it for a deal and then it was on there. What an Arse.

This is the guy you gave sad story to on Facebook and then he started a bad buyer scammer thread on you .

NICE as you said you never give guys stories I can post our hole conversation if members ask as i said this is his MO ,know he makes like other collectors are against him .

So I found this guy on a forum and asked him about your OUTRIGHT LIE. His response: 

Steven Stultz Jr. accepted your request.

13256015_10201707008153294_1780317044064
I don't remember starting any thread about you or being a bad buyer anywhere. Sorry man.

On 05/31/2016 at 5:32 PM, furiousd said:

Advice/experience appreciated -

So I sold an item on ebay last week, and it arrived today. Buyer initiated a return request (I have "returns not accepted" checked, not that it matters much) immediately, without contacting me to indicate there was a problem. I emailed the buyer asking for specifics several times, and each response is a vague "I do not want them" or "not what I expected." He is actively avoiding saying anything detailed about what could possibly be wrong with the item.

Assuming this is the best I get from the buyer, what are my options here? If I take the return, how do I know I won't get back a box full of cat turds? If I tell the buyer to pound sand, will ebay likely side with him anyway and all I get out of it is a black mark on my seller record?

So the buyer is trying to scam me. I got the"return" back today, and it's some POS pair of shoes. I contacted eBay, we'll see if they come through.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be such a-holes.  Good luck with everything; let's hope eBay rules in your favor.

Go to the mat. Take lots of photos and any evidence you can gather. Refuse to back down. The more you insist, the more eBay will bend. You're not the first person this has happened to and in my experience they will do right by the seller if they are even halfway persuasive in presenting what happened.