dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Need a history lesson to help me with a jersey that I am considering. In what years did Nike have the Detroit Red Wings? Were there any variations in where the Nike logos appeared on the jerseys?

http://m.nhluniforms.com/index.html

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Need a history lesson to help me with a jersey that I am considering. In what years did Nike have the Detroit Red Wings? Were there any variations in where the Nike logos appeared on the jerseys?

'96-97, '97-98, '98-99 for years. No variations in the logo. The only change that appeared on the Nikes was for the '98-99 Season they old 'Center ice' tag was changed for the 2 small circles centrr ice tag.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Thanks, this is a big relief. I went ahead and ordered another Osgood. 

Hope it's just Osgood as the first one. ?

6 hours ago, NuJerzeyDevil said:

'96-97, '97-98, '98-99 for years. No variations in the logo. The only change that appeared on the Nikes was for the '98-99 Season they old 'Center ice' tag was changed for the 2 small circles centrr ice tag.

I would just add that most of the 96/97's seemed to have the registered trademark symbol next to the NHL shield.

20 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Add a new term to the jersey collector's glossary:

mfitzing (verb)- Taking an otherwise benign comment and turning it into a a sublime pun. 

Settle down, Doctor. Too many big words for this group. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Add a new term to the jersey collector's glossary:

mfitzing (verb)- Taking an otherwise benign comment and turning it into a a sublime pun. 

I'm honored, frankly. 

Don't think so!

Not sure where else to put this, but thought it would be humorous here. Received two messages from some a$$hat comparing an authentic 2.0 to a chinese knockoff: 

"Is this a joke? I ve been shopping all over the Internet, seeing multiple reliable sports companies with NHL approval, selling current or vintage CCM and Reebok jerseys with embroidered, sewn patches, for $120... No offense, but, $340 is ridiculous." 

My response: 

"Are you referring to Premier jerseys made by Reebok or fake Chinese knockoffs sold on eBay? If you're looking at either of those, then the cheap price is no surprise. What I'm selling is the exact same jersey as worn by the players on the ice. So no, this is not ridiculous and actually mine is the least expensive jersey currently being sold on eBay by $60. 

It sounds like you're either new to jersey collecting or have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to support sweat shop labor and purchase some poorly made jersey that looks nothing like what is actually worn by teams, but only want to spend $70, then go for it. If you want to buy a legit premier jersey from Reebok which is still nothing like what the players wear on the ice, but it only costs $150 or so, then go for it. If you want to wear the exact jersey the players wear on the ice, then my jersey is the best priced one currently on eBay. 

If you're not interested in the real deal, then no offense, but look elsewhere. There are plenty of idiots wearing cheap knockoff s*** at games."

His reply: 

"Hey, pal, no offense, but the "cheap Chinese junk" is plastic, and $30 bucks. I've seen dozens of satiny, same-as-NHL material hockey jerseys, tied at top, sewn, embroidered shoulder and chest patch, for $125-150. I OWN 2 of them. And again, no offense, but you say, "wear one LIKE the player"! The word "LIKE" is MEANINGLESS, and a way to sell total crap, and get away with it. I can say, "Buy this car, it's "just like" this other one", and sell them a plastic toy. If you can get suckers to shell out $350, power to ya!...I got mine for $150. For $350, I would want to SEE THE PLAYER TAKE IT OFF, PLUS get an autograph...But that's just me...I know where to shop...Good luck"

Ugh. Some people. 

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

"Hey, pal, no offense, but the "cheap Chinese junk" is plastic, and $30 bucks. I've seen dozens of satiny, same-as-NHL material hockey jerseys, tied at top, sewn, embroidered shoulder and chest patch, for $125-150. I OWN 2 of them. And again, no offense, but you say, "wear one LIKE the player"! The word "LIKE" is MEANINGLESS, and a way to sell total crap, and get away with it. I can say, "Buy this car, it's "just like" this other one", and sell them a plastic toy. If you can get suckers to shell out $350, power to ya!...I got mine for $150. For $350, I would want to SEE THE PLAYER TAKE IT OFF, PLUS get an autograph...But that's just me...I know where to shop...Good luck"

He likes watching sweaty men undress.

Also, he maybe didn't quite say it right, but everyone knows with a little patience, you can get an authentic Edge for way less than $350. That being said, we also know what the actual retail price of an Edge jersey is.

If one doesn't wish to pay retail prices, that's fine. But the way he went about it showed a remarkable lack of understanding. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Also, he maybe didn't quite say it right, but everyone knows with a little patience, you can get an authentic Edge for way less than $350. That being said, we also know what the actual retail price of an Edge jersey is.

If one doesn't wish to pay retail prices, that's fine. But the way he went about it showed a remarkable lack of understanding. 

Agreed to an extent with price although it's been near impossible to get smoking deals on Blackhawks jerseys for the past 5-6 years like you can with other teams. Plus this one is already customized (by the team's customizer) with a Stanley Cup patch. So add $65 for the customization, $15 for the patch, and it's still a really good deal compared to what else is out there. That said, same jerseys's for sale in my thread here for less than what I have it on eBay for! ;)

$350 for a gamer that is autographed is possible for some players, but let's see what he thinks a game worn Patrick Kane jersey would/should cost lol.

These guys are a dime a dozen.  I say post their ID when they become belligerent like that so I can add him or her to my blocked bidders list so I don't have to deal with that nonsense.  He could have easily passed on your jersey, but he took the time to b**** you out so I guess he could feel better.  Does he go into Brooks Brothers or Tiffany's and tell the associates to their face that their stuff is overpriced?  Highly doubt it.

Power of the anonymity of the internet:)

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Agreed to an extent with price although it's been near impossible to get smoking deals on Blackhawks jerseys for the past 5-6 years like you can with other teams. Plus this one is already customized (by the team's customizer) with a Stanley Cup patch. So add $65 for the customization, $15 for the patch, and it's still a really good deal compared to what else is out there. That said, same jerseys's for sale in my thread here for less than what I have it on eBay for! ;)

True, I'm learning I can't find a decently priced Hawks blank. 

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

$350 for a gamer that is autographed is possible for some players, but let's see what he thinks a game worn Patrick Kane jersey would/should cost lol.

These guys are a dime a dozen.  I say post their ID when they become belligerent like that so I can add him or her to my blocked bidders list so I don't have to deal with that nonsense.  He could have easily passed on your jersey, but he took the time to b**** you out so I guess he could feel better.  Does he go into Brooks Brothers or Tiffany's and tell the associates to their face that their stuff is overpriced?  Highly doubt it.

Power of the anonymity of the internet:)

Also right. 

This USA jersey seems pretty cool.  Too small for me, but for $100 it should be a nice deal.  I am probably wrong, but I think it is a 1992 jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-USA-Hockey-Olympic-Team-CCM-Authentic-w-Fight-Strap-SZ-44-Nice-/252510443674?hash=item3acacb989a:g:y4YAAOSw9NdXvKRS

After a few days of nothing, the idiot reaches out to me again out of the blue. I put him on my blocked list and just because it was mentioned above, here is his username: luapsel77

Here is his latest message which is extremely humorous to me since he's the one that has been contacting me!

"I wouldn t take one of your Chinese rip-off plastic shirts, if you offered it for free, y know why?
Cause I don t want to make any transaction with someone who takes advantage of working people.
Last time I tried to be polite and say goodluck . I can see it was wasted. Now I m saying DON T EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN, DON T HARASS ME ANY FURTHER."

Edited by mdwsta4

5 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

After a few days of nothing, the idiot reaches out to me again out of the blue. I put him on my blocked list and just because it was mentioned above, here is his username: luapsel77

Here is his latest message which is extremely humorous to me since he's the one that has been contacting me!

"I wouldn t take one of your Chinese rip-off plastic shirts, if you offered it for free, y know why?
Cause I don t want to make any transaction with someone who takes advantage of working people.
Last time I tried to be polite and say goodluck . I can see it was wasted. Now I m saying DON T EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN, DON T HARASS ME ANY FURTHER."

do you have a link to any of his listings 

Added to my block list. Not dealing with that.