eBay version 4.0

dsl135

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

That's how the photobucket app works, too.  Most of my posts with pictures originate from my phone, because it's just easier.

Yup that's what I do too. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gross. :D

It's been relisted, so it apparently hasn't been sold.  If you want it, go for it!

When a case is opened by a seller against a buyer for non-payment of an item the person won or bought on eBay, what is the typical turnaround time until judgement?  I opened up a case against a buyer 6 days ago and the buyer still has not responded yet.  It has now been 10 days since the buyer hit the BIN button for this item but never paid for it.

Actually never mind as I see that I could close it to get a credit and the buyer got a strike against him/her.

The deadbeat's sn on eBay is lilnickyshockey.

I believe the time period from opening the case to when you can close it and get a few credit is 4 days, not entirely sire. But if you look at the item it tells you the exact date and time, which is what you already discovered. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I believe the time period from opening the case to when you can close it and get a few credit is 4 days, not entirely sire. But if you look at the item it tells you the exact date and time, which is what you already discovered. 

Yeah I had to manually close it since I left that as a setting for cases.  I closed it so he got a strike and I got a credit.

I wish eBay would require a credit card and if you do a BIN and the buyer doesn't pay they should hit the buyer with the fee charge or something like 25% of the value of the item.  Too many deadbeat buyers and this would deter them instead of the slap on the wrist they get with the unpaid buyer strike which is a joke.

34 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah I had to manually close it since I left that as a setting for cases.  I closed it so he got a strike and I got a credit.

I wish eBay would require a credit card and if you do a BIN and the buyer doesn't pay they should hit the buyer with the fee charge or something like 25% of the value of the item.  Too many deadbeat buyers and this would deter them instead of the slap on the wrist they get with the unpaid buyer strike which is a joke.

That would be a good idea, of course those looking to scam will find another way. 

Happens just as much on regular auction (non-BIN) as well, impulsive people who place the bid and not appreciating the fact they might actually win. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would be a good idea, of course those looking to scam will find another way. 

Happens just as much on regular auction (non-BIN) as well, impulsive people who place the bid and not appreciating the fact they might actually win. 

I can kinda see it when bidders put in an oopsie bid early on, win and then don't pay.  I can almost see that.

However when you hit BIN and then don't pay, I really don't get it.  Person knew the price and decided not to pay.   I figured I would never see the money when I looked up his address given to eBay and it's some section 8 looking apartment where the $250 the jersey cost would be almost a month's worth of rent for him.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I can kinda see it when bidders put in an oopsie bid early on, win and then don't pay.  I can almost see that.

However when you hit BIN and then don't pay, I really don't get it.  Person knew the price and decided not to pay.   I figured I would never see the money when I looked up his address given to eBay and it's some section 8 looking apartment where the $250 the jersey cost would be almost a month's worth of rent for him.

Well, unless they're an idiot, they must understand that placing a bid means you may possibly win and have to buy the item, no? 

My most recent one was a guy with 3 positive feedbacks from over a year ago and no recent transactions. After two days I messaged him and he informed me there was a problem with his Paypal account and he had to call his bank. I'v been using Paypal since at least 2002 when they merged with eBay, and I have never had a "problem" with my account that prevented payment, other than one time when a guy claimed non-receipt and they deducted the money from my account while the dispute was pending, putting me in the negative. I had to pay in to bring it back to zero to un-freeze my account, which I did because I think the difference at the time was $10. Dispute was resolved in my favor, incidentally. 

Hitting BIN and not paying is a different kind of stupid. Only thing dumber would be submitting a best offer, negotiating a lower price, and then not paying it. I'm glad you got your dispute closed and now you can re-sell to a legit buyer, as I am attempting to do with my item. 

15 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I've had that happen several times.  (As a seller, of course.)

Unfortunately, this world is full of stupid people. All you can do is do your best not to join them. 

I've actually heard of sellers of items go to competing sellers of the same item or type of item, create a new username and then try to win the other seller's item and not pay and take the strike all in the name of getting rid of the competition.  How messed up is that?  Not surprising though given how slimy eBay has gotten.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, unless they're an idiot, they must understand that placing a bid means you may possibly win and have to buy the item, no? 

My most recent one was a guy with 3 positive feedbacks from over a year ago and no recent transactions. After two days I messaged him and he informed me there was a problem with his Paypal account and he had to call his bank. I'v been using Paypal since at least 2002 when they merged with eBay, and I have never had a "problem" with my account that prevented payment, other than one time when a guy claimed non-receipt and they deducted the money from my account while the dispute was pending, putting me in the negative. I had to pay in to bring it back to zero to un-freeze my account, which I did because I think the difference at the time was $10. Dispute was resolved in my favor, incidentally. 

Hitting BIN and not paying is a different kind of stupid. Only thing dumber would be submitting a best offer, negotiating a lower price, and then not paying it. I'm glad you got your dispute closed and now you can re-sell to a legit buyer, as I am attempting to do with my item. 

I've gotten that line before from a guy who wanted to buy a jersey off of me from FB.  He asked me a million questions about he jersey (often a red flag as it seems the ones who ask a million details about the jersey tend to be the ones who never pay/disappear) and said he would buy it.  I give him my paypal information and then that followed by 3 days of nothing.  I messaged him after the 3 days and he said he was having "problems" with his paypal account and couldn't access it.  He then never responded to any follow-ups a couple days later and that was the end of it.  The kicker was that during those days I was seeing him buy other stuff off of other people.  I wish people had a little more of a spine and just tell me "sorry I changed my mind and not interested."  I would think you are annoying but at least honest to man up and wouldn't put you in the schmuck category.

6 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I've actually heard of sellers of items go to competing sellers of the same item or type of item, create a new username and then try to win the other seller's item and not pay and take the strike all in the name of getting rid of the competition.  How messed up is that?  Not surprising though given how slimy eBay has gotten.

Doesn't surprise me.  Lots of people make their living off of eBay.  If you have an unscrupulous person who wants to boost their sales without repercussions, what's to stop them?  It's a shame for the little guy who just wants to make a few bucks or recoup some costs.

19 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

My favorite seller feedback can now be seen over at Meigray's store. Two words: "Great pants." Now that's the kind of feedback that makes me want to buy from our friends in Branchburg. 

lol my favorite was one that was left for me a couple years back.  I was selling Rangers ECF locker room hats for $50 BIN or best offer on ebay in the summer of 2014.  I basically accepted any offer of $30 or over and even went as low as $25 on a couple of them (had about 30 hats total).  A guy does a BIN of $50 and I ship it to him.  He gives me positive ratings but writes this:

" Over priced but great hat. Thanks! "

You're welcome passive-aggressive dickwad.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That's hilarious, DG. He even thanked you for it, which makes it better. 

lol it's stuff like that which drives me crazy on ebay.  Whatever lol.

I also saw a few reviews away on my eBay the feedback where I sold a M&N Rockies Ramage jersey in size 52.  That's a hard size for any M&N jersey and I only got $80 for it.  Man has those things prices just bottomed out over the past 2 years.  I remember when that used to go for $200-300, and that was used!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DETROIT-RED-WINGS-PAUL-COFFEY-GAME-WORN-JERSEY-/131944994640?hash=item1eb888d750:g:f68AAOSwmfhX4Kbh

Woah! 

Somebody better jump! 

It was worn in a GAME!  He has proof!! 

Best photo match ever! 

You know, from that season the Wings decided to save money by wearing replicas.

Oh, and in the future, all photo match photos must be printed on a t-shirt and worn under the jersey or they don't count. 

Remember the days when they would print shirts for just about anything? i.e. the President's Trophy. How uncomfortable is it to read that sentence at the bottom? Waaaaay too many words.

12 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Remember the days when they would print shirts for just about anything? i.e. the President's Trophy. How uncomfortable is it to read that sentence at the bottom? Waaaaay too many words.

Don't they still do that?

It should say in even finer print under that "but could not beat the Avalanche because Chris Draper likes to molest dasher boards"

31 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to end an ebay listing with bids on it as long as there's more than 10 hours left to go in the auction.

I believe it is 12 hours as the cut-off for ending the listing or making any changes to it

2 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to end an ebay listing with bids on it as long as there's more than 10 hours left to go in the auction.

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I believe it is 12 hours as the cut-off for ending the listing or making any changes to it

I also think its 12 hours. But either way, it can be done. 

Whether it SHOULD be done, of course, depends on what the bids are and what the offer is.